Page 30 of 67 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2019

One day I'll go to a baseball game with SR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    One day I'll go to a baseball game with SR.
    Lets do it! Minute Maid Park next season.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

4. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Lets do it! Minute Maid Park next season.
    I'm gonna get beaten up for wearing my Dodgers hat.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I'm gonna get beaten up for wearing my Dodgers hat.
    Nah, just made fun of. Remember where you'd be.

7. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Tonight a Yasztremski will play at Fenway Park for the first time since 1983 as Yaz' grandson Mike comes to town for the Giants.

I'm sure the very gracious and dignified Red Sox fans will give Mike a nice applause when he comes up to bat.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Astros are the first team to 100 wins. NBD.

Bellinger is MVP!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Bellinger is MVP!
    Yeah, since Yelich is down for the year. I'm hoping Trout being out for the year helps Bregman's chances of stealing the MVP. He should be the AL MVP any damn way. Trout is sensational, but he plays every game with zero pressure because the Angels aren't going anywhere. Bregman is the best offensive player on the best team in baseball. His OPS is second in the AL. He'll finish somewhere around .300 BA. He'll finish with close to 40 HR and 110 RBI. AND he's one of the top third basemen in baseball. Dude deserves to be the MVP.

Yeah, since Yelich is down for the year. I'm hoping Trout being out for the year helps Bregman's chances of stealing the MVP. He should be the AL MVP any damn way. Trout is sensational, but he plays every game with zero pressure because the Angels aren't going anywhere. Bregman is the best offensive player on the best team in baseball. His OPS is second in the AL. He'll finish somewhere around .300 BA. He'll finish with close to 40 HR and 110 RBI. AND he's one of the top third basemen in baseball. Dude deserves to be the MVP.
    Yelich didn't deserve it over Bellinger - Bellinger's play in the field is the defining issue. Trout's kind of boring to me - he has a small personality on a team that doesn't matter and he decided to stay there.

Blah.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Yelich didn't deserve it over Bellinger - Bellinger's play in the field is the defining issue. Trout's kind of boring to me - he has a small personality on a team that doesn't matter and he decided to stay there.

Blah.
    Yeah, I agree. He's an above average outfielder and his stats are great, but if you look at his body of work versus Bregman's this season I think Bregman is more deserving of the MVP than Trout. BUT, Trout has that name and the moniker of being the best baseball player in the league so there's a voter bias. He is boring though. Bregman is a top third baseman, has filled in at SS most of the time Correa has be out this season and excelled there as well since it's his natural position. Bregman hit his 40th HR of the year last night. His OPS, BA, BB, SLG, and all other measurables being on the best team in baseball with a ton more pressure to perform than Trout should be enough to take it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I can't stand Kimbrel. That makes me happy.

Yeah, I agree. He's an above average outfielder and his stats are great, but if you look at his body of work versus Bregman's this season I think Bregman is more deserving of the MVP than Trout. BUT, Trout has that name and the moniker of being the best baseball player in the league so there's a voter bias. He is boring though. Bregman is a top third baseman, has filled in at SS most of the time Correa has be out this season and excelled there as well since it's his natural position. Bregman hit his 40th HR of the year last night. His OPS, BA, BB, SLG, and all other measurables being on the best team in baseball with a ton more pressure to perform than Trout should be enough to take it.
    You convinced me. I also think there should be a 'best player award' where it's basically just based off stats, and a MVP, where the considerations you just noted are heavily weighed. While there might be a debate over which award is better, or if one player could win both awards, it'd at least clear this up.

Bregman for MVP.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

You convinced me. I also think there should be a 'best player award' where it's basically just based off stats, and a MVP, where the considerations you just noted are heavily weighed. While there might be a debate over which award is better, or if one player could win both awards, it'd at least clear this up.

Bregman for MVP.
    I don't think it'll happen. I'm bias toward the Astros obviously, but the name Trout resonates too much with the voters.

19. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

I don't think it'll happen. I'm bias toward the Astros obviously, but the name Trout resonates too much with the voters.
    I'm just waiting to go nuts when Bellinger gets robbed.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information