Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: If You Could Change One NFL Rule (or Enforcement) What Would It Be?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    NFL officiating literally ****s teams over weekly, on purpose, not by mistake, so by "consistent" I mean that they should not intentionally **** teams over on purpose and not by mistake.

I wish I still believed it was just poor judgment and human element.
    If I believed this, I wouldn't watch. Fortunately, I know better.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

NFL officiating literally ****s teams over weekly, on purpose, not by mistake, so by "consistent" I mean that they should not intentionally **** teams over on purpose and not by mistake.

I wish I still believed it was just poor judgment and human element.
    see..it's this kind of ridiculous conspiracy theories that completely wipe out any kind of logical points.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

When certain teams, typically the ones who consistently do well, get a few break in the calls, it feels unfair. When a team like that is a rival, and they get breaks on player safety calls, and you don't, it's infuriating.

Spikerman, the league called the Shazier hit legal, which I find to be perplexing; again the Wheaton call comes to mind. The league also admitted that the Bryant catch was not a TD, and IIRC it was a third down TD, too. The ultimate irony is that the league was advertising that catch on it's FB page for several days. I mean, that's just pretty damn funny. A league who gets shit all the time for not having 'sensible' catch rules promotes a 'catch' that isn't a catch which was confirmed by refs in the booth and an older referee expert on live t.v.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    When certain teams, typically the ones who consistently do well, get a few break in the calls, it feels unfair. When a team like that is a rival, and they get breaks on player safety calls, and you don't, it's infuriating.

Spikerman, the league called the Shazier hit legal, which I find to be perplexing; again the Wheaton call comes to mind. The league also admitted that the Bryant catch was not a TD, and IIRC it was a third down TD, too. The ultimate irony is that the league was advertising that catch on it's FB page for several days. I mean, that's just pretty damn funny. A league who gets shit all the time for not having 'sensible' catch rules promotes a 'catch' that isn't a catch which was confirmed by refs in the booth and an older referee expert on live t.v.
    I didn't see that the league declared the Shazier hit to be legal. If they did, I have no idea why unless leading with the crown is not a foul in the NFL, which I can't believe.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    see..it's this kind of ridiculous conspiracy theories that completely wipe out any kind of logical points.
    When you make a logical point ill delete the post.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

For fumbled punts that go into the endzone to be safety's instead of touchbacks.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco4ever View Post
    For fumbled punts that go into the endzone to be safety's instead of touchbacks.
    Well, technically, a fumbled punt into the end zone recovered by the receiving team would be a safety. A muffed punt into the end zone recovered by the receiving team would be a touchback (like tonight).

8. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

By the Shazier hit you're referring to the hit on Gio Bernard that caused a fumble, right? It wasn't called a penalty because it was determined that Bernard was a runner. The penalty would have to be "hit on a defenseless receiver," and since Bernard was a runner he wasn't considered defenseless. If it were a penalty, it'd have to be an incomplete pass; or if it were to stay as a fumble, it can't be called a penalty.

As far as I know there isn't a penalty in the NFL for leading with the helmet, or hitting a player in the helmet, other than a hit on a "defenseless receiver." Which is why it feels so disingenuous when the NFL claims to care about player safety.

Shazier delivered a hit on Bernard that was analogous to the same flag thrown on us for the Wheaton hit. Bernard took two steps while Wheaton took three. You can catch the ball and still be a defenseless receiver, as evidenced by the Wheaton ruling.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

I make it a rule that if the Broncos win vs the Patriots.... every Bronco player gets give McDoosh 1 punch in the face.

#makeitso
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

12. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information