Page 135 of 390 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 185 235 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 5838

Thread: What are you watching?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Val I won't watch that show, but the glaring errors in thinking...sounds accurate if it's...teenagers. Right? Or is it not in a logical way so much as just being super stupid when she's not portrayed as stupid?
    Fair point.

I get her thinking errors, because hell, I just get that. But I felt like the rest of them would not have shared her catastrophic view and collectively been more dismissive.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

But this series covers a lot of taboo subjects and deserves a lot of credit for creating a discussion around some of those topics.

I just feel it could have been better and less forced

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I decided to start it last night and i'm on episode 6 right now. I will wait to give my input.

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Fair point.

I get her thinking errors, because hell, I just get that. But I felt like the rest of them would not have shared her catastrophic view and collectively been more dismissive.
    I'm with you, I think. Would you clarify who 'them' might be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

As someone who was contemplating suicide at the age of 11, I'm reluctant to watch it due to the strong emotions that I'm sure to experience. Having watched a couple of the trailers, and the concluding documentary, they do address a lot of issues. Having read all of your comments, it might be better to just skip the episode and go straight to that documentary.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Just started Brockmire thanks to you guys. Hilarious!
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I'm with you, I think. Would you clarify who 'them' might be?
    The peer group

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    As someone who was contemplating suicide at the age of 11, I'm reluctant to watch it due to the strong emotions that I'm sure to experience. Having watched a couple of the trailers, and the concluding documentary, they do address a lot of issues. Having read all of your comments, it might be better to just skip the episode and go straight to that documentary.
    Yeah I get that. My mate killed himself at 17, if I hadn't resolved that in my own head I would probably not have watched it either.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Luther - Season 4 (it's only two episodes), Idris is so hot he gives me a gape on

13 reasons.

I loved the first episode.

Now all I can think is the girl who killed herself is a whiney bitch, blames everyone else for her suicide and is generally a pain in the ass.

She is being so overly dramatic with the bullshit in those tapes it makes me think there must be some kind of twist that I haven't seen coming yet.

I will watch it all though as I am curious to see how it ends. But it is infuriating me.
    My daughter has us watching this. I think it would be good for all teens to watch this to see the effects that their ish can cause, but I do agree with you that it comes off as whiny and a bit presumptuous.

I also decided to read the book after the first couple episodes. Decent read.

12. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    My daughter has us watching this. I think it would be good for all teens to watch this to see the effects that their ish can cause, but I do agree with you that it comes off as whiny and a bit presumptuous.

I also decided to read the book after the first couple episodes. Decent read.
    Yeah - lots of good issues, ones that i have not already mentioned to Abe include - the objectifcation of women, peer pressure, self harm, differnet people's interpretation of events, sexuality, the importance of social connection - i really could go on.

I have told my 13 year old to watch it and intend on asking what she can relate to, and what she had never considered previously. should lead to her saying absolutely nothing as usual lol but hey ho - we can but try

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

I'm so glad my pull out game is strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Just finished thirteen reasons why.

Good pilot, terrible until about episode 6, strong finish but terrible finale.

Abe, I probably would watch it if I was a teacher, could make some good discussion points in class surrounding depression, bullying, mental illness, suicide, personal responsibility, resilience etc etc
    But I felt the script was quite obvious with a lot of glaring errors in the female protagonists thinking that go largely unchecked by the other characters and I felt they tried to force certain strands of the story in order to make the desired impact for the characters, whereas in real-life I don't think some of the tapes would have bothered the people one little bit

I did think the main male actor was excellent though
    13 Reasons Why:

It shines a light on teenage suicide, bullying, sex, rape, assault, immaturity, and stupidity. The story is pretty interesting. It feels a little overdramatic, but a lot of it you know is accurate. I felt the same way as Dave early on: "This is silly, the girl is a bitch who is basically just looking to get revenge on those who pissed her off. Stop blaming other people for YOU killing yourself." But about after episode 6 it started to get really heavy and I can definitely see why it all piled onto each other could have pushed somebody over the edge. Still there's a lot of teenage bullshit (but fair enough that teenagers are dumb and make big deals out of dumb shit), and parts of the story seemed like they were out of a cheesy stereotyped 80s movie.

Overall, i'm glad I watched it since I know shit like that happens and since i'm around kids nearing that stage of life. But it is certainly flawed and could have been less heavy handed and less cheesy. It's worth a watch and I would almost recommend that every teenager watch it or at least read the book.

The best part? Tony listening to 80s post punk music every once in a while.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    13 Reasons Why: It shines a light on teenage suicide, bullying, sex, rape, assault, immaturity, and stupidity. The story is pretty interesting. It feels a little overdramatic, but a lot of it you know is accurate. I felt the same way as Dave early on: "This is silly, the girl is a bitch who is basically just looking to get revenge on those who pissed her off. Stop blaming other people for YOU killing yourself." But about after episode 6 it started to get really heavy and I can definitely see why it all piled onto each other could have pushed somebody over the edge. Still there's a lot of teenage bullshit (but fair enough that teenagers are dumb and make big deals out of dumb shit), and parts of the story seemed like they were out of a cheesy stereotyped 80s movie. Overall, i'm glad I watched it since I know shit like that happens and since i'm around kids nearing that stage of life. But it is certainly flawed and could have been less heavy handed and less cheesy. It's worth a watch and I would almost recommend that every teenager watch it or at least read the book. The best part? Tony listening to 80s post punk music every once in a while.
    I hated Tony, he was so cliche, they all were, but Tony was the worst

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I hated Tony, he was so cliche, they all were, but Tony was the worst
    He reminded me of somebody who should've been in The Outsiders so that's why I liked him. Comically cliched though you're right

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information