Page 125 of 298 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 4461

Thread: Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by kenoy28 View Post
    Mike Vick didn't go from awful to good. He went from good to good. Again, if Shurmer is to blame for Lock sucking, then please tell me a QB who changed coaches and all of a sudden blossomed
    I bet the Miami dolphins wish they never gave away tannehill! Guys a bonafide star under good coaching after being labeled a bust with Miami.

2. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    He turned Phillip Lindsay from like one of the most promising elusive and speed prospects into a power running back. Just kept throwing phil into the defensive tackle over and over. I couldnt believe i had to watch him treat Phillip Lindsay like he was Steven Jackson. 5 touches per game, right up the middle.
    Exactly even though Lindsay is one demensional he was very good at that one thing and shurmer even ****** that up, right along with a rookie quarterback who showed great promise the last 5 games of his rookie season!

It’s absurd that these people can’t see that shurmer has been trash everywhere he’s been for 10 of his 13 years coaching.

4. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

He turned Phillip Lindsay from like one of the most promising elusive and speed prospects into a power running back. Just kept throwing phil into the defensive tackle over and over. I couldnt believe i had to watch him treat Phillip Lindsay like he was Steven Jackson. 5 touches per game, right up the middle.
    This actually fundamentally completely misunderstands Lindsay’s strengths. Lindsay excels at inside runs and power scheme. His big runs all came out of power scheme. He’s one of the best running backs in the NFL at following his guard and seeing the correct hole on second read. His explosiveness almost always comes from following the guard through the hole and exploding into the correct read gap. It’s fundamentally different than the one step and go running backs Denver fans are used to, and clearly what the coaches and team wants. That’s Melvin Gordon, who is a one step, read, plant and go runner. Fine, but to say Shurmer ruined him is pure fantasy. Plus the injuries. Shurmer can’t fix the injuries.

And I never said Lindsay had a better year than Gordon. I said I think Lindsay is a better running back than Gordon. The two statements aren’t the same thing. So for that ******* who threw a hissy fit and called me a liar, learn to critically think better, dumbass.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post

On the same day literally nobody mentioned bridgewater two ints lol. It’s total horse shit honestly.

The games will tell the story though, not bias fans going ofr bias reporting.
    I'm not even going to keep addressing your shameless felating of Lock, but I do want to address this point for now the third time in this thread. I guess you missed the first two.

Teddy is the presumed backup. We know he sucks. What he does in practice is irrelevant. Ideally he never has to actually play. I don't care if he throws 10 picks in a practice or 10 TDs. I'm not paying attention to him either way. Lock is the young developing player, and he's the one I need to start seeing take some massive strides, so he's the one I'm going to be focusing on. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

As to the last sentence, you're right the games will tell all. That is if Lock can even play competently enough in camp to win the job. Because if he can't even do that, we don't even need the games this year to tell us he sucks.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I'm not even going to keep addressing your shameless felating of Lock, but I do want to address this point for now the third time in this thread. I guess you missed the first two.

Teddy is the presumed backup. We know he sucks. What he does in practice is irrelevant. Ideally he never has to actually play. I don't care if he throws 10 picks in a practice or 10 TDs. I'm not paying attention to him either way. Lock is the young developing player, and he's the one I need to start seeing take some massive strides, so he's the one I'm going to be focusing on. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

As to the last sentence, you're right the games will tell all. That is if Lock can even play competently enough in camp to win the job. Because if he can't even do that, we don't even need the games this year to tell us he sucks.
    I would just say that I think, unless we land Rodgers, Bridgewater is seen as the presumptive starter. The hate and vitriol amongst the media and talking heads and Twitter-verse is that strongly against Lock. I’m in the middle on this and I’m still in the “show me what you’ve got” stage, but I do honestly think that the deck is stacked against Lock to be the starter. He’s not this current regime’s QB, he has a defensive HC who is okay with a game manager and close games as long as he minimizes turnovers, the new GM brought in a guy he’s familiar with and helped scout for his last team for “competition” and that guy has more experience and looks great until the bullets actually start flying and he has to actually lead a comeback or throw downfield for a 1st down.

If Lock actually succeeds in this scenario, it will be pretty special. They’re definitely making him earn it. I don’t even know if he’s got anybody, of note, left in his corner.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

9. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I would just say that I think, unless we land Rodgers, Bridgewater is seen as the presumptive starter. The hate and vitriol amongst the media and talking heads and Twitter-verse is that strongly against Lock. I’m in the middle on this and I’m still in the “show me what you’ve got” stage, but I do honestly think that the deck is stacked against Lock to be the starter. He’s not this current regime’s QB, he has a defensive HC who is okay with a game manager and close games as long as he minimizes turnovers, the new GM brought in a guy he’s familiar with and helped scout for his last team for “competition” and that guy has more experience and looks great until the bullets actually start flying and he has to actually lead a comeback or throw downfield for a 1st down.

If Lock actually succeeds in this scenario, it will be pretty special. They’re definitely making him earn it. I don’t even know if he’s got anybody, of note, left in his corner.
    I honestly love that they are making him earn it. They completely cleared the deck for him last year and I don't think he had a sense of urgency. If he really has the goods, he has every chance to prove it and force the coaches to have to start him.

I honestly love that they are making him earn it. They completely cleared the deck for him last year and I don't think he had a sense of urgency. If he really has the goods, he has every chance to prove it and force the coaches to have to start him.
    Yes he has to prove it verse incompetent coach. Up hill battle for sure but it is what it is.

12. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

To me i cant grade Lock with the worst OC in the NFL. He was/is a Raw QB that needed to be developed. He still is a raw QB that needs to be developed. Thats a real problem people dont want to admit.

I think Drew should have been asked to be traded in offseason. I wont watch a game with teddy starting. just truth. To me its just watching Case Keesum or Joe Flacco for another year.
    This is hilarious. You watched the Broncos with Tebow, right?
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

I’ll definitely watch until it’s unbearable. If teddy is starting for the simple fact there’s nothing to look forward too! With Drew like falco said your looking forward to him developing and getting better, watching a year of teddy be poor knowing he’s gone next year anyway and has zero upside would make it hard to watch. Just can’t fathom watching a guy whose never thrown for more than 14 touchdowns in a season his whole career. That is so bad man.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I’ll definitely watch until it’s unbearable. If teddy is starting for the simple fact there’s nothing to look forward too! With Drew like falco said your looking forward to him developing and getting better, watching a year of teddy be poor knowing he’s gone next year anyway and has zero upside would make it hard to watch. Just can’t fathom watching a guy whose never thrown for more than 14 touchdowns in a season his whole career. That is so bad man.
    Yes, we know, you're a Lock fan, not a Broncos fan. So it's no surprise you'll bail once Lock isn't playing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Exactly 32 fricking starts before Allen figured it out. Drew lock 18….. these people you can’t even take serious on this subject.
    But Allen showed real flashes in his second year and displayed his ungodly amount of talent with more consistency than Lock.

The comparison doesn't work.

Allen was probably better in his progressions, too

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

The League isn't what it was 20+ years ago. Back then QBs had 4-5 years to develop and the team and the player was married at the hip sink or swim. Teams don't want to wait for that now. They cannot sustain another 5-6 win sesason. The pressure is in to win now.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    The League isn't what it was 20+ years ago. Back then QBs had 4-5 years to develop and the team and the player was married at the hip sink or swim. Teams don't want to wait for that now. They cannot sustain another 5-6 win sesason. The pressure is in to win now.
    The reason teams are less patient with QBs now is because it's been shown time and time again that QBs who are bad early usually don't become elite. QB development is more advanced than it's ever been. They are learning pro concepts in college and even high school. If you get to year 3 and still suck, odds are you just suck. Waiting 4-5 years for a guy to figure it out is usually going to be a waste of time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I love Lock and I hope he becomes an all-pro. But I have to call it like I see it: He's had great moments and awful moments. If he doesn't make it as a starter, he should be a backup. Lord knows there are so many awful backups in the NFL.

I got hell on this board for flaming Denver for Flacco and then IR'ing Lock, especially since the kid was able to play before the IR ended. That was especially frustrating because Denver left several other players off of IR who...you guessed it, never came back and likely were never able to be able to come back. I hated it because it literally meant the contingency plan of starting the youngster if Flacco didn't work out was mitigated.

I hated watching the line struggles with Lock. I hated how barren the offense was for him as a rookie. I hated how covd really messed up his sophomore year.

But...it cuts the other way, too. He's had so much time to learn the offense. He has one of the most talented offenses to work with. Shurmer is not this albatross at OC as Mo has pointed out (I'm not relitigating this, you can argue PS is average, that's a fine take), but it has to be a full analysis.

Lock was awful last year. He missed wide open throws that a college QB would be expected to hit. His progressions suck. In an era where coaches have started to say that mechanics aren't as important as before, Lock's mechanics are a massive issue for him. Everyone else had to deal with covid, too. It should horrify his proponents that rookie QB's are coming into the league and are better prepared than DL

It's not a good sign when a team can justify trading for Bridgewater - you can flame Teddy B all you want, but Lock has been so poor that the reports -of TB looked at is the de facto starter- can be justified.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

The reason teams are less patient with QBs now is because it's been shown time and time again that QBs who are bad early usually don't become elite. QB development is more advanced than it's ever been. They are learning pro concepts in college and even high school. If you get to year 3 and still suck, odds are you just suck. Waiting 4-5 years for a guy to figure it out is usually going to be a waste of time.
    To highlight this - the rules are so QB friendly now

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information