Page 47 of 72 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Blockchain/crypto

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Its been great. Been buying up a lot.

Is the regular stock market doing well? Oh its down and people are losing money? Weird.
    Uh yea I didn't mention that because... What's the point.

Been dealing with a broken driver window on my MKT thanks to the crackheads who tried to pull my window open. They bent the regulator or whatever the F it's called.

Again, prices would have to roll back a looooong time to take true losses. Shriking profits is loss, but not total loss.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Is the regular stock market doing well? Oh its down and people are losing money? Weird.
    Oh hey, welcome to the. ENTIRE ****ING POINT most of us have been making in this thread. Which is crypto is essentially the same thing as stocks which have been around for forever, and aren't this revolutionary thing worth creaming your pants over!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post

Oh hey, welcome to the. ENTIRE ****ING POINT most of us have been making in this thread. Which is crypto is essentially the same thing as stocks which have been around for forever, and aren't this revolutionary thing worth creaming your pants over!
    It is. But Crypto outperforms the stock market and gold...

You're welcome

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post

Been dealing with a broken driver window on my MKT thanks to the crackheads who tried to pull my window open. They bent the regulator or whatever the F it's called.

Again, prices would have to roll back a looooong time to take true losses. Shriking profits is loss, but not total loss.
    Go to AutoZone and use some of that crypto to buy a new window regulator.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

You're welcome
    I have gold and silver and about 200 Morgan silver dollars. I can open my safe up and touch it with my hands. It's worth actual money. If I get in a pinch, I can sell gold, receive cash back, and spend it EVERYWHERE.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post

You're welcome
    I have gold and silver and about 200 Morgan silver dollars. I can open my safe up and touch it with my hands. It's worth actual money. If I get in a pinch, I can sell gold, receive cash back, and spend it EVERYWHERE.
    I know you can. I can do the same with my cryptos easily. Barring a power outage...

7. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

SR

I dont think anyone has said anything to the contrary. Crypto is so in your head you're making stuff up
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post

Go to AutoZone and use some of that crypto to buy a new window regulator.
    I have it coming, it's been a disaster. Had to replace motor too, everything.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Which is crypto is essentially the same thing as stocks which have been around for forever,
    I would quibble with this statement.

Crypto is not essentially the same thing as stocks imo.

To me, stock in a company is a claim of ownership, which includes a claim on future cash flows from that company.

Historically, those cash flows are received as dividend payments which is a share of the profits of the company. Now, new and growing companies usually don't pay a dividend because they are growing so fast that it makes sense to reinvest any profits they have or they aren't profitable yet. But the idea is, that somewhere down the road, you will have a return on that ownership share.

Cryptos have no cash flows. They don't produce revenue. There is no future recurring cash flow like a dividend to be expected. The only reason for the valuation is speculation that in the future the crypto you own will be in demand for something else, and that you will be able to sell or trade it to someone else in the future for more than you're paying for it now.

Again, I'm not a crypto hater. But I'd be careful assuming that something that has no cash flow will continue to appreciate in value at a faster rate than a company that can produce compounding returns via actual profits and cash flows. I'm not saying it won't, just understand it before you put your money in it.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

To me, stock in a company is a claim of ownership, which includes a claim on future cash flows from that company.

Historically, those cash flows are received as dividend payments which is a share of the profits of the company. Now, new and growing companies usually don't pay a dividend because they are growing so fast that it makes sense to reinvest any profits they have or they aren't profitable yet. But the idea is, that somewhere down the road, you will have a return on that ownership share.

Cryptos have no cash flows. They don't produce revenue. There is no future recurring cash flow like a dividend to be expected. The only reason for the valuation is speculation that in the future the crypto you own will be in demand for something else, and that you will be able to sell or trade it to someone else in the future for more than you're paying for it now.

Again, I'm not a crypto hater. But I'd be careful assuming that something that has no cash flow will continue to appreciate in value at a faster rate than a company that can produce compounding returns via actual profits and cash flows. I'm not saying it won't, just understand it before you put your money in it.
    I was trying to be nice/give the benefit of the doubt but you are right, crypto is far more volatile/unpredictable than stocks. You can pick selective endpoints that make crypto look way better, but let's see it continue to grow/perform over decades.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Eloquent and accurate; I couldn't fathom saying it better. I think that the lack of cash flow is what scares people; the financial tricks you can do with it, fear of inflation, skepticism of governmental currency are all the things that try to/are (depending on one's position) stands in as the 'replacement' of the cash flow

Which is where I struggle with this stuff because to me it seems to be cognitive dissonance. If it has no value aside from what's mentioned above, and it's hard to get or acquire for the common person, achieving the ends of normalcy/common usage is going to be difficult, even though if the normal usage in and of itself would give it the credibility that is needed, at least potentially?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I have it coming, it's been a disaster. Had to replace motor too, everything.
    Window regulators aren't hard to replace as long as you're patient and don't have gorilla hands. Just be careful taking the door panel off of the inside and make sure you don't drop any tools inside the door.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Eloquent and accurate; I couldn't fathom saying it better. I think that the lack of cash flow is what scares people; the financial tricks you can do with it, fear of inflation, skepticism of governmental currency are all the things that try to/are (depending on one's position) stands in as the 'replacement' of the cash flow

Which is where I struggle with this stuff because to me it seems to be cognitive dissonance. If it has no value aside from what's mentioned above, and it's hard to get or acquire for the common person, achieving the ends of normalcy/common usage is going to be difficult, even though if the normal usage in and of itself would give it the credibility that is needed, at least potentially?

Crypto's value is its usefulness. To the degree it's useful, AND unique, it has value.

That's the question(s).

1. Just how useful will it be in the future? I can see potential of a high degree of usefulness.

2. How unique will it be? Originally, this was very appealing to me. The idea of Bitcoin only ever having 21 million bitcoins floating around makes it unique, and if it becomes universally useful, then BAM! it will be very valuable.

But now. .. .every day means a dozen new crypto currencies. They can all do the same or similar things, and tomorrow someone can come up with a new one that does it better. So useful? Yes. But now I waver on the uniqueness. Any one crypto doesn't seem very unique any more.

They're all exceedingly easy to buy. You can do it with $10-20 I think. But will the one(s) you buy today be useful and unique in ten years? I don't know. I'm reasonably sure there will be some useful and unique cryptos in ten years, but I don't know for sure which ones, or if they're even in circulation yet.

17. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Crypto's value is its usefulness. To the degree it's useful, AND unique, it has value.

That's the question(s).

1. Just how useful will it be in the future? I can see potential of a high degree of usefulness.

2. How unique will it be? Originally, this was very appealing to me. The idea of Bitcoin only ever having 21 million bitcoins floating around makes it unique, and if it becomes universally useful, then BAM! it will be very valuable.

But now. .. .every day means a dozen new crypto currencies. They can all do the same or similar things, and tomorrow someone can come up with a new one that does it better. So useful? Yes. But now I waver on the uniqueness. Any one crypto doesn't seem very unique any more.

They're all exceedingly easy to buy. You can do it with $10-20 I think. But will the one(s) you buy today be useful and unique in ten years? I don't know. I'm reasonably sure there will be some useful and unique cryptos in ten years, but I don't know for sure which ones, or if they're even in circulation yet.
    But the issue is that if there's only 21 million floating around the usage of it because very incestuous, and some, if not a lot of that utility starts to go by the wayside.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

It's painfully obvious not a lot of folks here know a thing about Crypto. I'm not saying I'm some genius and all, nor am I a disciple of UR, i did this on my own. But I just don't have all day to answer it all, and I don't know all about it, but there is a lot of potential in crypto. Not just here but in other countries.
    Last edited by Shazam!; 06-02-2021 at 02:44 PM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information