Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ps4

Default Ps4

Anyone out there have one? Are there interactive games I can do with the family? My wife and I are thinking about getting a used one for Christmas

2. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I have always been a Playstation guy. I mostly just play the same 3-4 games over and over now (Madden, MLB The Show, Fifa and Call of Duty)...

But for family games you should check out Playstation Move - it's their "motion detector" controller - I played with my late step father and he wasn't a huge gamer... It was cool because they had games that come with the controller like frisbee, boccee ball, archery, etc that required minimal movement but added an extra layer of competition. That was on PS3, but I know they've adapted it to PS4 now as well.

What kinds of games have you been into historically?

4. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

I like the Wii for multi-family oriented game play. We have bowling nights all the time and it makes for a fun night.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

My kids just got one and love it. My 7:1 surround sound with the Game mode on the receiver is incredible with this unit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I like the Wii for multi-family oriented game play. We have bowling nights all the time and it makes for a fun night.
    Tennis is a kick too.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

GEM

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Tennis is a kick too.
    Right!

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I have always been a Playstation guy. I mostly just play the same 3-4 games over and over now (Madden, MLB The Show, Fifa and Call of Duty)...

But for family games you should check out Playstation Move - it's their "motion detector" controller - I played with my late step father and he wasn't a huge gamer... It was cool because they had games that come with the controller like frisbee, boccee ball, archery, etc that required minimal movement but added an extra layer of competition. That was on PS3, but I know they've adapted it to PS4 now as well.

What kinds of games have you been into historically?
    Ps move? I’ll check it out.

I’m honestly not much of a gamer. My kids will probably use it more than I do. I’m use it more for streaming. Right now we use a Roku

Long time PS4 guy. No experience with XBox, but have had mine many years, it’s been a workhorse. It’s a Netflix platform and now online TV platform. Reliable as hell. BluRay too even though I never use that.

Family games - unsure? What’s the age range? Just you and the wife? Young Kids?

I have played more video games than ever this year. I’m not a guy that buys things current - I come to things 6-9 months late. Have always loved racing/car games of all types but have waded into FPS games as well this year. Finished Last Of Us, Doom, Wolfenstein Colossus, Hitman, and am deep into Horizon Zero Dawn (a grower that I’m suddenly sinking crazy hours into) at the moment as a distraction to a tough personal year. Overwatch is the current online/friend game, along with the ubiquitous Madden and other sports games. Great system, a lot of power for the price. But I have 2 old systems that just keep working - the reliability has been great.

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Long time PS4 guy. No experience with XBox, but have had mine many years, it’s been a workhorse. It’s a Netflix platform and now online TV platform. Reliable as hell. BluRay too even though I never use that.

Family games - unsure? What’s the age range? Just you and the wife? Young Kids?

I have played more video games than ever this year. I’m not a guy that buys things current - I come to things 6-9 months late. Have always loved racing/car games of all types but have waded into FPS games as well this year. Finished Last Of Us, Doom, Wolfenstein Colossus, Hitman, and am deep into Horizon Zero Dawn (a grower that I’m suddenly sinking crazy hours into) at the moment as a distraction to a tough personal year. Overwatch is the current online/friend game, along with the ubiquitous Madden and other sports games. Great system, a lot of power for the price. But I have 2 old systems that just keep working - the reliability has been great.
    Thanks man, we got one that is sitting under the tree right now. I have 3 kids, ages 6,9,11, and of course a 20 year old who is not living with us.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

PS4 is great Dennis. The kids will love it. For family games I think Little Big Planet may just be the best one of all time. It's a very cool puzzle/platform game but what sets it apart is that you can design levels your self. I think there's at least 2 Little Big Planet games now.

Also, Gem is absolutely right about Wii bowling.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Thanks Kris, I’ll check it out.

Stupid question; is it wireless?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The controllers usually are. Some off brand controllers have cables but the PS brand controllers are wireless. The online features run on Wi-Fi.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Get MLB the Show for yourself. Best sports game ever. The cool thing is you can go to a game stop and get a copy of MLB the Show from a couple years ago for like $5 used and it's still a great game.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Ok, so the console itself is wireless? You think I would have asked before I bought it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information