Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Popcorn Time, YTS shut down following court orders

Default Popcorn Time, YTS shut down following court orders

LOS ANGELES - The popular Popcorn Time "fork" and YTS, a torrent site that provided movie content, have been shut down following court orders in Canada and New Zealand.

The MPAA filed suit on Oct. 9 in Canada against three operators of the popcorntime.io fork, claiming that the defendants enabled, authorized and induced copyright infringement via an app that allowed viewers to watch pirated movies and TV shows. The studios obtained an injunction on Oct. 16 ordering the shutdown of the site.

The studios also filed a suit on Oct. 12 in a New Zealand court against the operator of YTS, contending that the torrent site was the home of YIFY, with a library of about 4,500 infringing movie titles. The MPAA obtained an interim injuction to shut down the site.

Read more: http://technology.canoe.com/News/201.../22569320.html

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I blame Metallica.

I know someone that frequented the YIFY site. Oh well. I guess that person will need to find another site.

Offer a site with all of that content at a cost. People would be happy to pay....hell I pay for netflix and it damn sucks monkey balls. I turned it off for awhile and my kiddos wanted it back. I haven't touched the content in months as it's all old shit.

Have to pay for hulu for this, netflix for that, all the shit is old....just put it all on one site with a cost.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Offer a site with all of that content at a cost. People would be happy to pay....hell I pay for netflix and it damn sucks monkey balls. I turned it off for awhile and my kiddos wanted it back. I haven't touched the content in months as it's all old shit.

Have to pay for hulu for this, netflix for that, all the shit is old....just put it all on one site with a cost.
    that's the problem... they can only access the rights to so much material that isn't already purchased. It's going to get worse because the more of these companies there are, the less each one will be able to hold rights to at any given time.

They have already announced that Netflix Canada will have exclusive rights to the new Star Wars movies as soon as their theater runs are over!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

I didn't know popcorn time was that cool. Had access to it but never tried it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Most viewers just don't understand that programming supplied by any provider isn't free. Cable/Satellite/Online providers all have to pay to the broadcaster to broadcast their programming.

Just stick with a traditional source and skip the headaches. BFD if it's a bit more expensive now. It'll all be the same in the long run with less headaches.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Most viewers just don't understand that programming supplied by any provider isn't free. Cable/Satellite/Online providers all have to pay to the broadcaster to broadcast their programming.

Just stick with a traditional source and skip the headaches. BFD if it's a bit more expensive now. It'll all be the same in the long run with less headaches.
    Joe, why do the providers have to pay for free channels, like Fox, NBC, ABC, CBS?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Joe, why do the providers have to pay for free channels, like Fox, NBC, ABC, CBS?
    Simplest terms, the networks own their broadcast. Providers need the right to "rebroadcast" that feed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I doubt these are the programs that the pirate sites are offering.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Simplest terms, the networks own their broadcast. Providers need the right to "rebroadcast" that feed.
    Yeah, that makes sense. I just got a little pissed a few weeks ago when there was a contract dispute between NBC and Dish and I almost missed Sunday night football. I almost went and bought rabbit ears.

Just use pirate bay.

Yeah, that makes sense. I just got a little pissed a few weeks ago when there was a contract dispute between NBC and Dish and I almost missed Sunday night football. I almost went and bought rabbit ears.
    Should have gotten a rabbit's foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Should have gotten a rabbit's foot.
    I've never thought of ripping a foot off a live rabbit before. I'll give it some thought.

Popcorntime was great. I miss it. Something else will come along soon. It always does.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information