Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Baseball '14

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Yes.
    I'm just worried that Cueto has peaked, and Cespedes is having an All Star year.

Plus it goes against my normal philosophy of valuing offense/power above pitching. But yeah, pretty good offer. I might accept it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I take that deal and run. But I also LOVE Cueto (and pretty much the entire Reds' pitching staff), so keep that in mind.

Maybe we can get a dissenting opinion. I know Coach is not as high on the Reds as I am.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I took the deal. Cueto is likely to regress in the 2nd half, because a ~2 ERA is unsustainable, but he's still better than all of my other pitchers - and I think Cespedes is equally likely to regress or get hurt in the 2nd half. Combined with the fact that I have a huge need for SP and a logjam on offense, and the fact that I'm not likely to be able to acquire a pitcher of Cueto's caliber from anyone else, I went for it.

5. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

After the All-Star break I'm going to have to make a decision.

Drop one of:
    Corey Hart
    Dayan Viciedo
    Drew Stubbs
    Carl Crawford
    Alfonso Soriano

(Unless someone else goes on the DL)
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Alfonso Soriano got designated for assignment, and strikes out more than he hits even if another team gives him a chance, so that seems like a pretty easy decision.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Alfonso Soriano got designated for assignment, and strikes out more than he hits even if another team gives him a chance, so that seems like a pretty easy decision.
    Yeah. He was awesome for me in the second half last year, but that's what I'm likely going to do. I have Emilio Bonifacio on the DL too, but I use him at 2nd. Brandon Hicks, the guy I tried to replace him with is terrible.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm always late to prospects on my deep league, but I decided to jump on 3 who are on Baseball Prospectus' top 50. All three have been rumored to come up this year, and one did come up for one game.

3B - Gavin Cecchini, Red Sox
    RHP - Matthew Wisler, Padres
    RHP - Aaron Sanchex, Blue Jays

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Wow. Almost immediately the Sanchez signing might pay off. They switched him to the bullpen at AAA, so a move to the bigs is, basically, imminent.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm always late to prospects on my deep league, but I decided to jump on 3 who are on Baseball Prospectus' top 50. All three have been rumored to come up this year, and one did come up for one game.

3B - Gavin Cecchini, Red Sox
    RHP - Matthew Wisler, Padres
    RHP - Aaron Sanchex, Blue Jays
    Sanchez is up for the Blue Jays, first appearance, two innings, no runs, no hits, 2 Ks.

Where's coach? I want to know his thoughts. I also picked up Rymer Liriano in the Padres organization. Just promoted to Triple-A and I think could get the call with Headley now gone. Will definitely get the call next year if he continues to hit in Triple-A.

12. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Sanchez is up for the Blue Jays, first appearance, two innings, no runs, no hits, 2 Ks.

Where's coach? I want to know his thoughts. I also picked up Rymer Liriano in the Padres organization. Just promoted to Triple-A and I think could get the call with Headley now gone. Will definitely get the call next year if he continues to hit in Triple-A.
    Liriano's MLB debut tonight. It's against Colorado, so I'm expecting good things...

Sanchez update: 12.1 IP, 2 BB, 10 Ks, 2 wins, 2 holds, 2.19 ERA, 0.57 WHIP. As bad as Toronto is playing, he might be in the rotation by the end of August (not hearing rumors, just my own speculation).

Cecchini is hurt and no updates on Wisler. I thought he'd be up for San Diego.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

No need for a new thread.

In my 20-team, 25-player, 13-keeper dynasty league:

Here are my keepers:
    C Russell Martin, TOR
    1B Kendrys Morales KC
    SS Erick Aybar, LAA
    3B Chase Headley, NYY
    P Aaron Sanchez, TOR
    P Homer Bailey, CIN (traded a pick to get him)
    P Huston Street, LAA
    P Matt Wisler, SD

I took flyers on Garin Cecchini, of Boston, and Rymer Liriano, of San Diego, late in free agency last year, because both are fairly high-rated prospects in their organization and made the bigs late last year. Both weren't blocked last year and now both are blocked. Should I keep either.

Likewise, I'm keeping Sanchez because of Stroman's injury as he is a lock for the rotation and had a 1.09 ERA in 33 innings last year. Matt Wisler is the guy rumored to headline the potential Cole Hamels trade before San Diego settled on Shields, so I'm keeping him for future potential.

My biggest dilemma: Carl Crawford. He's was the keystone of the roster I inherited three years ago and I've reluctantly held on to him. I have initially thought about parting with him this year. But I'm torn.

Thoughts?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

No need for a new thread.

In my 20-team, 25-player, 13-keeper dynasty league:

Here are my keepers:
    C Russell Martin, TOR
    1B Kendrys Morales KC
    SS Erick Aybar, LAA
    3B Chase Headley, NYY
    P Aaron Sanchez, TOR
    P Homer Bailey, CIN (traded a pick to get him)
    P Huston Street, LAA
    P Matt Wisler, SD

I took flyers on Garin Cecchini, of Boston, and Rymer Liriano, of San Diego, late in free agency last year, because both are fairly high-rated prospects in their organization and made the bigs late last year. Both weren't blocked last year and now both are blocked. Should I keep either.

Likewise, I'm keeping Sanchez because of Stroman's injury as he is a lock for the rotation and had a 1.09 ERA in 33 innings last year. Matt Wisler is the guy rumored to headline the potential Cole Hamels trade before San Diego settled on Shields, so I'm keeping him for future potential.

My biggest dilemma: Carl Crawford. He's was the keystone of the roster I inherited three years ago and I've reluctantly held on to him. I have initially thought about parting with him this year. But I'm torn.

Thoughts?
    My first thought is - and I am not trying to be a dick (that just happens naturally) - where is all of your talent? But I'm pretty sure we had this discussion last year about you inheriting a crappy team. As it looks like you've been doing, I'd load up almost exclusively on high upside younger guys. You're not going to be able to compete unless you get some top-tier guys somehow. And the only way to do that in a 13 keeper league is to be a little bit early on some of the prospects.

Cut bait on Crawford - he's not getting any younger or more productive. I'd maybe even try to get aggressive and flip a couple of your bigger names like Street for some younger talent... It doesn't look like you're all that well positioned to win this year (no offense).

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I have my FB draft tonight. 20 teams, H2H points each category, 4 keepers. My keepers are:

Max Scherzer
    Johnny Cueto
    Ian Desmond
    Nolan Arenado

I also have Hunter Pence and Jonathan Lucroy, but decided that Arenado's upside (along with the fact that we count assists) makes him more valuable than Lucroy or Pence.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I have my FB draft tonight. 20 teams, H2H points each category, 4 keepers. My keepers are:

Max Scherzer
    Johnny Cueto
    Ian Desmond
    Nolan Arenado

I also have Hunter Pence and Jonathan Lucroy, but decided that Arenado's upside (along with the fact that we count assists) makes him more valuable than Lucroy or Pence.
    I concur, without knowing who else you have.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

My first thought is - and I am not trying to be a dick (that just happens naturally) - where is all of your talent? But I'm pretty sure we had this discussion last year about you inheriting a crappy team. As it looks like you've been doing, I'd load up almost exclusively on high upside younger guys. You're not going to be able to compete unless you get some top-tier guys somehow. And the only way to do that in a 13 keeper league is to be a little bit early on some of the prospects.

Cut bait on Crawford - he's not getting any younger or more productive. I'd maybe even try to get aggressive and flip a couple of your bigger names like Street for some younger talent... It doesn't look like you're all that well positioned to win this year (no offense).
    The team has not been good. It's a tough league to trade in. I like the challenge of that size of roster on a day-to-day basis. But the league is veto happy. I wish I could remember the trade last year that would have significantly upgraded my talent, but it got vetoed because, well veto-happy owners think the veto is there for them to pick and choose who wins trades. The veto is there for corruption purposes and nothing else, but whatever, rant done.

19. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information