Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Broncos talk radio 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    The Fan has their own streaming app as well which I use. I will checkout TuneIn as the fan app is a pain in the ass sometimes. If it has any kind of network glitch there is a high chance it will just not do anything anymore and you have to stop it, restart it. This can be just a matter of going from Wi-Fi to cellular or vice versa.
    Tune in works good. Works with Android Auto, which makes streaming in the car easier (not sure if you have Andoid or Apple), but also it has several good Broncos stations, so I bounce between them at times. Since KOA's Broncos coverage has been pretty slim in recent years, the last few years I was only using Iheart for Orange and Blue.

I did/do have the Fan app installed, but if I remember it runs some extra commercials and reverted back to TuneIn, because it also has Altitude and Mile High Sports.

P.S. Been listening to Schlereth and Evans this morning on the Fan via TuneIn.

3. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Tune in works good. Works with Android Auto, which makes streaming in the car easier (not sure if you have Andoid or Apple), but also it has several good Broncos stations, so I bounce between them at times. Since KOA's Broncos coverage has been pretty slim in recent years, the last few years I was only using Iheart for Orange and Blue.

I did/do have the Fan app installed, but if I remember it runs some extra commercials and reverted back to TuneIn, because it also has Altitude and Mile High Sports.
    I think the extra commercials are part of the issue with it.

I think when it has a network hiccup it thinks you have restarted the app and decides to give you an ad and gets stuck trying to load it sometimes.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I think only KOA.

TuneIn Radio app has: Altitude (92.5), 104.3 The Fan, Mile High Sports (104.7) and ESPN Denver 1600 (this wasn't mentioned, so not sure about their Broncos coverage -- might be mostly national programming).

TuneIn Radio is the best Broncos option. If I recall, if you get their "pro" version, which is a one time purchase, it eliminates some app added advertising, I think including an add when you first start to stream a station, but you should be able to test with free. They then have a premium version, but I don't believe it gives you much when it comes to just wanting to stream stations.

I've used TuneIn pro as my primary way of listening to Broncos talk radio the last three or four years, with the exception being that Orange and Blue radio had been on (and owned) by Iheart radio. Same with KOA, on and owned by Iheart.
    Thank you. I forgot all about Tunein

6. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I think the extra commercials are part of the issue with it.

I think when it has a network hiccup it thinks you have restarted the app and decides to give you an ad and gets stuck trying to load it sometimes.
    If I remember correctly with TuneIn the free version has similar ads when a stream starts, but the pro version (I bought years ago) dioesn't.

If I remember correctly with TuneIn the free version has similar ads when a stream starts, but the pro version (I bought years ago) dioesn't.
    Just installed the app.

There is an ad when it starts but the ad, at-least this one, wasn't a video and the radio was able to work while the ad was displayed. I'll have to keep using it to see how it does through the day and on my drive home. The drive home is the worst part with the Fan app as when it decides to get stuck when driving down the interstate might as well just give up unless you want to try and navigate the app to restart it while driving...

The fan initial ad is a video.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Nalen already gone? That sucks. Looks like Nick Ferguson, Tyler Polumbus will join dmac.

http://https://www.westword.com/news/d-mac-and-tom-nalen-show-ending-on-1043-the-fan-11462753
    I didn’t know this - that’s a serious bummer. He’s not -already- gone though.

I thought I’d quit DMac once Al left and they just happened to pick the -perfect- replacement in Nalen. I’ve enjoyed the show.

Ferguson does nothing for me so it looks like I’ll be shopping for another Broncos show to frequent myself.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Thank you. I forgot all about Tunein
    You may find it on here as well, i have the pro version of this and its great. I liked it better than Tunein personally.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eLite&hl=en_US

11. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'm not sure if this helps, but this is the cover art of an album entitled 'Around the Fur'.

Some really great songs on that album. Really weird cover choice for them. Seems a “record company” choice.

13. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Some really great songs on that album. Really weird cover choice for them. Seems a “record company” choice.
    Boobs sell

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Boobs sell
    I'd buy them.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Agreed...never really understood the connection besides maybe testosterone.

Since KOA's Broncos coverage has been pretty slim in recent years, the last few years I was only using Iheart for Orange and Blue.
    Orange and Blue 760 on Iheart Radio unfortunately folded up. No more Broncos talk. Now it's just right-wing political commentary. I tuned in recently and it's just a some guy yelling about Nancy Peloisi and I'm thinking "WTF???"

20. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Orange and Blue 760 on Iheart Radio unfortunately folded up. No more Broncos talk. Now it's just right-wing political commentary. I tuned in recently and it's just a some guy yelling about Nancy Peloisi and I'm thinking "WTF???"
    So the same as KOA then?

22. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Tom Nalen To Leave 104.3 The Fan Afternoon Show

The changes aren’t done for Denver’s sports radio scene according to local sportscaster Troy Renck. Days after 104.3 The Fan announced its new midday and weeknight shows, afternoon co-host Tom Nalen is reportedly leaving on his own terms.

Nalen joined Darren “DMac” McKee on The Drive in April, after Alfred Williams left The Fan’s afternoon show for News-Talk KOA 850. According to Renck, Nalen’s tenure with The Drive will be short-lived, with plans to leave the program in October, returning to the East Coast for personal reasons. The former Broncos offensive lineman grew up in Foxborough, MA.

Replacing Nalen on The Drive is expected to be two former Broncos, tackle Tyler Polumbus and safety Nick Ferguson. In April, Ferguson began hosting The Fan’s midday show until being replaced by Sandy Clough and Orlando Franklin earlier this week. On Monday, program director Raj Sharan tweeted that Ferguson would remain with The Fan “in a variety of capacities.” Those capacities now appear to include joining the station’s afternoon show.
    rest - https://barrettsportsmedia.com/2019/...fternoon-show/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information