Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone having frequent browser crashes with BF?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    On mobile, do you mean one of the apps or the mobile style, or the main site on a mobile phone?

I think it's an ad causing that. It seems to be happening when there is the "clear security fast" ad. I'm trying to see if I can block that ad and see if the problem goes away. That's the only ad I've seen the "errors found on page" ad, I'm assuming/hoping that's also causnig the browser crashes, but am not sure.
    Main site on a mobile device. Iphone.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Ok, I'm working on it. I'm pretty sure that it's the "Clear" ad (see attachment) and am working with the ad companies to try and get it blocked.

Anyone that has noticed the error in the lower left of IE (shows as yellow warning with an !), can you confirm that this add (might look slightly different, but some variation of "Clear security") is on the page. If not, let me know what adds are showing, in case any others are causing the error.

I'm not 100% this is also what's causing the crashes. I'm "hoping" that it is the same ad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clear_ad_error.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	187  

I downloaded some debugging software to try and identify exactly what's happening when the browser locks up. Of course, since I downloaded/installed it, I haven't gotten a lockup.

I'm working this problem hard and hope to have it figured out soon.

4. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

The last few days I've been having my browser (internet explorer) lock up to the point I have to kill it. It becomes unresponsive, and then if I click anywhere, it goes white and then I have to kill the browser.

Anyone else having this? I haven't had it happen in Firefox.
    About a million times. I have been digging through IE threads for the issue thinking it was on my end.

i finally decided to check here.

I keep getting Broncosforums is not responding. I either have to recover the page or kill it and start fresh. It is KILLING me!

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    About a million times. I have been digging through IE threads for the issue thinking it was on my end.

i finally decided to check here.

I keep getting Broncosforums is not responding. I either have to recover the page or kill it and start fresh. It is KILLING me!
    Has it continued this evening? I have not had it happen in the last few hours.

If it's still happening, I will have the debug tool running all day tomorrow until I get a crash and it's supposed to show me what caused it.

Has it continued this evening? I have not had it happen in the last few hours.

If it's still happening, I will have the debug tool running all day tomorrow until I get a crash and it's supposed to show me what caused it.
    It just happened about 5 minutes ago. That was the light going off that made me think to come here.

I will be more keen as to the details if/when it happens again.

Just happened again.

I keep getting "BroncosForums.com is not responding." Recover webpage? I can send you a screen print but i don't think it would show much.

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    hasn't happened here, but I use Chrome... hope that helps.

I did have a popup ad about 5 days ago
    I use Chrome too and I haven't had any issues with crashing, nor have I had any pop-ups.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

Just happened again.

I keep getting "BroncosForums.com is not responding." Recover webpage? I can send you a screen print but i don't think it would show much.
    No, unfortunately a screen shot wouldn't have helped. Like I said, I've been getting them as well, and started this thread to make sure it wasn't isolated to me, because nobody had complained. What I needed for the techs to diagnose it was exactly what was happening under the hood when the lockup/crash occurred.

I finally got another lockup with the debug tool running, so I have just emailed the raw http data off and hopefully will have an answer/solution early tomorrow.

If not, I will start working on a contingency plan, since having the lockups isn't acceptable.

No, unfortunately a screen shot wouldn't have helped. Like I said, I've been getting them as well, and started this thread to make sure it wasn't isolated to me, because nobody had complained. What I needed for the techs to diagnose it was exactly what was happening under the hood when the lockup/crash occurred.

I finally got another lockup with the debug tool running, so I have just emailed the raw http data off and hopefully will have an answer/solution early tomorrow.

If not, I will start working on a contingency plan, since having the lockups isn't acceptable.
    I haven't crashed since the last one if that helps!

I haven't crashed since the last one if that helps!
    LOL, no, that's just blind luck. Kind of like when I sat here for three hours with the debug took going from thread to thread, where before I had the tool running, I bed I wouldn't have gone 10 minutes without a crash.

One way or another, I hope to have this resolved tomorrow. Can't very well tell everyone to switch to Firefox.

LOL, no, that's just blind luck. Kind of like when I sat here for three hours with the debug took going from thread to thread, where before I had the tool running, I bed I wouldn't have gone 10 minutes without a crash.

One way or another, I hope to have this resolved tomorrow. Can't very well tell everyone to switch to Firefox.
    I don't envy you, tned

Why I can't force myself to firefox like EVERYONE tells me to, who knows Just a creature of habbit i guess.

I don't envy you, tned

Why I can't force myself to firefox like EVERYONE tells me to, who knows Just a creature of habbit i guess.
    I'm the same with Firefox. I use it for some sites that worked much better with Firefox. I use it on my bedroom netbook, because it's under-powered and Firefox runs better. But, when it comes to my main home or work PC's, I always seem to gravitate to IE. No clue why. lol

I only use IE for sites that force you to use it. Property search page and a couple banks. Other than that, fully firefox and haven't had an issue with BF since the contextweb thing a couple months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I only use IE for sites that force you to use it. Property search page and a couple banks. Other than that, fully firefox and haven't had an issue with BF since the contextweb thing a couple months ago.
    Yea, I haven't had it a single time when on Firefox, but a BUNCH of times on IE.

Right now, I've just bypassed Contextweb. They are working to find out what the problem is, and I am going to setup a test site (kind of like the worker friendly) with their ads running so we can try and figure out if their fix actually fixes it.

I'll also see how far the revenues drop with Contextweb out of the mix. Obviously, I want things running without a problem, but this in season time is when I hope to make up the losses I rack up during the offseason to hope for something close to break even. I might not be able to do that without contextweb.

Anyway, anyone that was having the problem, let me know if you get it anymore. I was told Contextweb is now removed from the system.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information