Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Rap/Hip hop thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    Ok, Im glad you explained yourself.But it doesnt mean that we are gonna stop posting about it, artist are out their that i enjoy listening to, and thats not gonna change.I like all variations of music, but i enjoy HIP HOP Rap the most.
    I didn't explain myself...I explained why rap today is garbage...even Nas knows it...

Adopted Bronco:
    Shaun Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I didn't explain myself...I explained why rap today is garbage...even Nas knows it...
    Its not dead,these guys are good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM0LXwO8BH0

I know a few good artists Chris. There are quite a few underground artists out there (using the cliche term), but even back in the early to mid 90s mainstream rap was about the stuff I mentioned. It has just lost a lot of the emotion and substance that made rap popular. It's sad to see that these rappers now-a-day who say the idolize Tupac, Biggie, Public Enemy, so on and so forth degrade rap so much. Of course my opinions go against what is "popular" or "now" because rappers make more money now than ever, but all I'm saying is that what originally turned me on to rap is gone now and so is my interest in the music.

BSD...to me it isn't a "culture". To me, calling it a "culture" is giving these people an excuse to act like retards. Calling rap/hip-hop a "culture" just gives them a justified reason to act like low life people. Granted, there are exceptions to the rule, but by and large that's all it is. Maybe I'm just too conservative and old school when it comes to my views...

...as I sit here and listen to "Hit'em Up" by Tupac...don't see songs like that anymore...
    That is why if you read the posts we make... most of it isn't about the mainstream rappers. We get a lot of videos of more "underground" rappers, and otherwise less known rappers. If you read most of our posts, we say that we hate the way the game is now, but we also know that there are the few, both mainstream and underground who still have talent. Guys like Game, Eminem, Nas, Jay-Z to a degree, Obie Trice... all these guys have loads of talent and use that talent. Then you have the underground guys, Immortal Technique, Al's boy D.O., guys like that. If you are going to come in here and post, make it somewhat positive and give us songs and things to listen to. Don't just come in here and tell us we shouldn't have this thread.

SR I like you, always have, but I can honestly say I didn't appreciate you saying that we shouldn't have this thread here. Dream doesn't post much in the thread on the other forum, and maybe he will post in this one as there are less of us right now... so it won't be that redundant.

Gnomeflinger was the first to use the correct number of A's in my username.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by bengaaaaals1688 View Post
    That is why if you read the posts we make... most of it isn't about the mainstream rappers.
    The very first post in this thread was about two of the biggest rappers right now...
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

The very first post in this thread was about two of the biggest rappers right now...
    That was just to see if anyone had heard about it and because I think 50 is the biggest moron in the world. I am going to buy Kanye's album strictly because of what 50 said in hopes that he does actually quit the rap game because of it. Without him the rap game will become much better just from that. It wasn't really a huge discussion piece, just to say that everyone should buy the album to try and rid the game of 50 Cent... and I said most of it isn't about mainstream rappers, of course some of it is going to be, there is no way around that. But for the most part if we are talking about mainstream rappers, barring the select few good ones, it isn't in a good light.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shaun Phillips

I didnt grow up like you,I have always had it hard in my life thats why i can relate to Hip Hop Rap.A lot of these guys been through what i went through growing up.You have to had lived the life style or know about it to really know about it.Some rap artist are positive and some negative but i support them all.You cant really blame Rap you have to open your eyes and blame the people higher above these guys,their the ones thats really put it out their for people to listen too.

Another thing is ,Hip Hop Rap the style is starting to turn into Rock and Heavy Metal,these groups are starting to work together.Kayne West,Snoop Dogg and other Rap artest are working with Heavy Metal groups and Rock Groups,its all about the money.The fashion is changing guys are wearing Vans,skeleton jackets , buckles,chains around their waist,spike belts,the culture is starting to come together.It will be all the same pretty soon IMO
    Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 09-01-2007 at 02:03 AM.

Another thing is ,Hip Hop Rap the style is starting to turn into Rock and Heavy Metal,these groups are starting to work together.Kayne West,Snoop Dogg and other Rap artest are working with Heavy Metal groups and Rock Groups,its all about the money.The fashion is changing guys are wearing Vans,skeleton jackets and buckles,chaines around their waist,spike belts,the culture is starting to come together.It will be all the same pretty soon IMO
    ohh man, i will kill myself if that were ever to happen, rap can turn into that , not hip hop though, hip hop has its name, its a genre, its a lifestyle, its not going to convert to anything.

I didnt grow up like you,I have always had it hard in my life thats why i can relate to Hip Hop Rap.A lot of these guys been through what i went through growing up.You kind of have to have lived the life style or know about it to really know about it.Some of its positive and some negative but i support them all.You cant really blame Rap you have to open your eyes and blame the people higher above these guys,their the ones thats really putting it out their for people to listen too.

Another thing is ,Hip Hop Rap the style is starting to turn into Rock and Heavy Metal,these groups are starting to work together.Kayne West,Snoop Dogg and other Rap artest are working with Heavy Metal groups and Rock Groups,its all about the money.The fashion is changing guys are wearing Vans,skeleton jackets and buckles,chaines around their waist,spike belts,the culture is starting to come together.It will be all the same pretty soon IMO
    Not to argue with you or anything BSD, but there a large amount of mainstream rappers that you can tell never actually grew up the way they say they did. They also happen to not have much talent, but that is a whole different story lol. As for who is to blame... look no further than the fans. All music is changing, and none of it for the better. Even with rock and all, the mainstream groups are no longer the best groups to listen to because they don't care anymore about the music. Way back in the 70s and 80s rock was amazing, the music was unbelievable, the lyrics were great, it was just overall good. In the late 80s and early 90s rap was amazing. They had the lyrics to go with the hooks and beats, unlike the guys nowadays who have hooks and beats and no lyrics. The words actually meant something back then. However, with both genres people listen to it all. Whether that is because we have been brainwashed to believe that music like what Justin Timberlake puts out is good, or if people really are dumb enough to believe it is, I don't know... but if people stopped listening to that crap, then musicians would have no choice but to become good again. Also, a lot of the rap artists who work with metal groups and stuff, do more of taking old metal songs and using the music and hook and making a new song out of it.

Also, I never had to live the life most of these guys, and you lived, I just understand that while I will never know exactly how it was... that it isn't something I want to have to live. I understand how hard it must be for you and them, so I relate to them with that. I also like to try and see how what they say may fit into my life, even though I am just a white kid from the suburbs, because if you listen close enough all of it can be related to life in general rather than just the hood.

Not to argue with you or anything BSD, but there a large amount of mainstream rappers that you can tell never actually grew up the way they say they did. They also happen to not have much talent, but that is a whole different story lol. As for who is to blame... look no further than the fans. All music is changing, and none of it for the better. Even with rock and all, the mainstream groups are no longer the best groups to listen to because they don't care anymore about the music. Way back in the 70s and 80s rock was amazing, the music was unbelievable, the lyrics were great, it was just overall good. In the late 80s and early 90s rap was amazing. They had the lyrics to go with the hooks and beats, unlike the guys nowadays who have hooks and beats and no lyrics. The words actually meant something back then. However, with both genres people listen to it all. Whether that is because we have been brainwashed to believe that music like what Justin Timberlake puts out is good, or if people really are dumb enough to believe it is, I don't know... but if people stopped listening to that crap, then musicians would have no choice but to become good again. Also, a lot of the rap artists who work with metal groups and stuff, do more of taking old metal songs and using the music and hook and making a new song out of it.

Also, I never had to live the life most of these guys, and you lived, I just understand that while I will never know exactly how it was... that it isn't something I want to have to live. I understand how hard it must be for you and them, so I relate to them with that. I also like to try and see how what they say may fit into my life, even though I am just a white kid from the suburbs, because if you listen close enough all of it can be related to life in general rather than just the hood.
    great post, too bad they don't have cp's here....

Quote Originally Posted by ? dawgfanatic?WOOF? WOOF? View Post
    great post, too bad they don't have cp's here....
    Haha thanks man... and thanks for the props as being the first one to tell you about this board.

Haha thanks man... and thanks for the props as being the first one to tell you about this board.
    lol, it was actually denver native, but thank you too

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I didnt grow up like you,I have always had it hard in my life thats why i can relate to Hip Hop Rap.A lot of these guys been through what i went through growing up.You kind of have to have lived the life style or know about it to really know about it.Some of its positive and some negative but i support them all.You cant really blame Rap you have to open your eyes and blame the people higher above these guys,their the ones thats really putting it out their for people to listen too.

For starters, don't tell me how I grew up. I didn't have **** for 2/3 of my childhood. You don't know what I've been through or what has happened to me, so before you pass judgement on someone you may want to know what that other person has been through. We were poor and my dad was a druggie until I was about 5. I smoked pot out of his pipe that was taped up in a Varnet sunglasses case when I was 14. So does that mean that just because I had it rough for a while I should listen to rap because I can relate to it? Negatory. I listen to REAL rap because of the raw emotion, stories of real life, and for the creativity that it USED to have...not this "this is why I'm hot" garbage.

You've got the internet. It can't be all that bad for you...but you have the same chance to make it in life that everyone else has it. You dictate where you go. It's up to you to make sure you make the right choices in life, get a good education, and do well for yourself to see to it that you succeed. Don't let anything stand in your way. I take it you're young. You type like you're young anyway. Don't let this materialistic crap that today's rappers are about influence what you want in life. Money and material items are not what makes people happy. Money makes it easier to be happy, but it's not everything...trust me on that...

The "culture" of the type of music I listen to will NEVER merge with the "culture" that hip-hop seems to have created. Yes, bands like Korn have done songs with Nas and Ice Cube and Maralyn Manson did a song with who ever (or had who ever in his video)...but Korn went from being an underground, emo metal band to a poppy, sell out band.
    Last edited by SR; 08-31-2007 at 04:29 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Also, a lot of the rap artists who work with metal groups and stuff, do more of taking old metal songs and using the music and hook and making a new song out of it.
    I almost cried when Puff Daddy redid "Kasmir" for the Godzilla soundtrack. What a friggin shame...

I almost cried when Puff Daddy redid "Kasmir" for the Godzilla soundtrack. What a friggin shame...
    Well Puff Daddy is horrendous to begin with lol. My 2 favorite rap remakes of old songs are Walk This Way by Run DMC, and Sing for the Moment by Eminem. Sing for the Moment because of the meaning and depth to the song, and obviously the lyrical talent it shows... and Walk This Way just because of how good a job they did with staying with the original meaning and all of the song. Run DMC, is IMO, one of the greatest if not the greatest, rap group in the history of rap.

16. The Following User High Fived bengaaaaals1688 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information