Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tom Nalen on Losing Matt Paradis and on Garrett Bolles' Play!

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    He’s been a mid-late round pick, he must be having a good Combine/pro day season.

Teams can do better in round 2.
    People are actually looking at his tape. As a backup he was kind of an afterthought. Now that it's assessment season, people are taking notice

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    People are actually looking at his tape. As a backup he was kind of an afterthought. Now that it's assessment season, people are taking notice
    He’s got 4 years as a starter.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

3. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Legwold said on the radio that the ankle was broke in multiple places and he had ligament damage.
    You think that Carolina didn't have an extensive medical test? They didn't decide to give him millions of $ based on no medical exam from their doctors. He passed or they wouldn't sign him.
    Q: "John Elway talked about Paradis with the ankle. They just don't believe in him. They don't think he's healthy."

Tom Nalen: "Well, it's March. He's not healthy. Carolina just gave him a physical. They have doctors. That team might be a little more truthful.

Q: "So you think the Broncos are just being cheap."

Nalen: "Little bit, yes."
    Last edited by Cugel; 03-16-2019 at 02:51 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

He’s got 4 years as a starter.
    That is weird. The article I read before I posted list him as an injury replacement for the starting OT after Trey Adams went down. Anyhoo...someone thinks he's moving up boards
    Last edited by SmilinAssasSin27; 03-16-2019 at 08:52 AM.

6. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I stand a bit corrected. I took it as he replaced Adams.

Washington left tackle Trey Adams was supposed to be the story of the Huskies offensive line, but a back injury shut him down for much of the season. Without him, right tackle Kaleb McGary emerged as a legitimate star in pass protection and in the powerful Washington running game.

Following a strong performance after the season—and after I got a chance to dive into his tape more—McGary is moving up my board. It's unlikely that we'll see McGary fly up into the first round, but he's a solid Round 2 player now with bona fide starting tools on the right side of the line.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Daniel Jeremiah has him #41 player overall.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    You think that Carolina didn't have an extensive medical test? They didn't decide to give him millions of $ based on no medical exam from their doctors. He passed or they wouldn't sign him.
    The greatest QB/GM in the history of the Denver Broncos just told you that you (and Nalen) are wrong.

Thanks for the chuckle.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Or they are just being cheap!

You forgot to mention that probability.

Cause NFL teams are never just cheap with their own players and prodigal with those FAs of other teams who are often not any better than the guys they already have (Donald Stephenson I'm looking at you), just more expensive!

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Just one question... we keep getting 2nd opinions from former Broncos players (Stink, Nalen, Alfred Williams, Stokely, Polumbus, whoever else Cugel hears bumping his gums for money on the radio) and I must ask. Why are they more qualified to comment on and or make decisions about the personnel situation in Denver than say the guy with the GM job Elway himself?

Perhaps those dudes, although they were fine players don’t know shit about player development/building a team/running a team from the business side, etc. Yep good players. Stick to talking about what you know. Nalen is probably friends with Paradis. All these dudes like to shit on Elway because it’s their job now. They have zero ******* clue what really goes on inside Dove Valley anymore and even less about the actual FO. Their opinions are for entertainment purposes only IMO.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Bolles is an easy player to go on radio and bash, because his mistakes are many and glaringly obvious. Nalen is smart to bet against him now, because there is a long time between now and week 1.

Elway is wise to bet on Bolles, because by now he should be up to snuff in the weight room and should only need coaching to get better. Elway has had the right prospects several times on OLine, but at the wrong phase of their development. Waiting out Bolles to get better is a wise decision, and weathering the storm of Nalens and Schlereths is the way to go.

If I'm Nalen, I'm bashing McGovern on the sole basis that he is a converted guard. The Bears did the same thing with Whitehair, and it is working out. But for Nalen, I imagine it bothers him that teams can just go draft a guard and switch them versus getting a specialized guy like Paradis that has always played the position. Paying Paradis was definitely the "right" thing to do, but with picks in the top half of the first three rounds, it makes no sense to take a chance. Broncos have his medicals and weren't confident. Panthers needed to fill Khalil's void and took a chance. Move doesn't deserve that much criticism.

14. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

When McGovern was drafted he was projected that he could play guard or center.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 03-21-2019 at 07:33 AM.

16. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Bolles has a long way to go to be a help to this team. And his issues aren't necessarily coachable.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

It actually does deserve that much criticism. Before we get all defensive and don't like guys like stink and nails criticizing roster moves. Last year Matt graded out at 79.9 and Connor graded out at a 58.3. Now we can talk about whether or not we like the way that PFF grades people but that difference is substantial enough to say yes there is a huge drop off between the two

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

There is no doubt Elway is imperfect. He's our dude though and we ride. You dudes and chicks in the back hollerin at the driver about being lost, that's fine! If we don't get where we need to go, we need a new driver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Just one question... we keep getting 2nd opinions from former Broncos players (Stink, Nalen, Alfred Williams, Stokely, Polumbus, whoever else Cugel hears bumping his gums for money on the radio) and I must ask. Why are they more qualified to comment on and or make decisions about the personnel situation in Denver than say the guy with the GM job Elway himself?
    That's an excellent question! How do we know that the critics know more than Elway does about Broncos personnel decisions! Well, let's look at the record then!

What personnel decisions has Elway made in the draft in the first 3 rounds?

2014: rd 1: Bradley Roby, 2: Cody Latimer, 3: Michael Schofield. Roby is gone, the others are long gone.

2015: 1st: Shane Ray; 2nd: Ty Sambrailo; 3rd: Jeff Heurman - Shane is gone, Sambrailo has been in Miami? for a couple years. Heurman just has been invisible.

2016: Paxton Lynch, Adam Gotsis, Justin Simmons. Lynch was the Hindenburg, Gotsis is a starter, but nothing special,

2017: Garrett Bolles; DeMarcus Walker; Carlos Henderson. Crap, invisible, gone-baby-gone. Not the impact you should be getting from this draft!

But surely Elway did better in FA recently? Like in fixing the OL with players like Russell Okung, Donald Stephenson, Menelik Watson, and Ron Leary? No. Not really.

Then he hired Vance Joseph and the team won 11 games and lost 25. That's a .300 winning percentage. Was it all Vance Joseph's fault? Well, he certainly sucked! He didn't help, no. But, Elway didn't give him any help either.

So, now they have a new coaching staff, with no excuses. Vance looked like a high school freshman who unexpectedly suddenly gets a date with the Prom Queen and has no idea how to handle it. But, Elway? He hasn't covered himself in glory these last three years.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information