Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Texans 11/04/18

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    No, wasting about 40 seconds to get 3 yards to try for a 51 yarder was the wrong move.

Trying a 61 yarder at the end of the first half with time left on the clock was the wrong move.
    I could not believe they did that. This staff is really really bad, and no it is not limited to VJ. Musgrave sucks too.

Someone needs to explain why more play action keepers (roll outs) are not used with Keenum. They do that like twice a game (none in this last one) and that is when he is more effective.

Not for nothing, but the Vikings did that a whole more often with him last year. They also ran that freaking hurry up 3rd and 2 play at the end of the game. They NEEDED that first down. They could have USED that two minute warning to discuss the CRUCIAL PLAY, and instead they run some stupid play that gained them nothing. The announcers were perplexed too.

This is staff is a colossal joke.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Kubiak would still force P-Stiff out there.
    And would make the playoffs with him

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    on a legit silver lining note, though, it WAS nice to see #82 out there actually looking like a real NFL player and shit. . . 83 had some nice grabs, too. . . it would really help if one or both of those guys can keep producing. . . both for the rest of this year, and when it comes time to set our off-season acquisition list. . .
    Yeah, legit silver lining. Musgrave had a solid plan to bring in his TEs and his dudes executed, was money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

DT dropping the elbow here -

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

No love loss for DT towards Vance Joseph.

The comments here - from Elway and VJ - are fascinating:

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 1h1 hour ago
    HC Vance Joseph, on @orangeblue760: "Our guys played hard. We're a resilient group ... we just didn't finish again.” Reiterated taking responsibility for going for the 62-yard FG before halftime.

Ryan Edwards‏ @redwardsradio 1h1 hour ago
    Vance Joseph on @OrangeBlue760 admits he was "chasing points" on the 62-yard attempt at halftime. He also acknowledged that he probably wouldn't have made the same call if they weren't a team desperate for a win and 3-5 on the season

HC Vance Joseph, to @orangeblue760: “I’m very comfortable … with how we finished the game, because that was the right thing [for] our [offensive] line and our football team."

Joseph, to @orangeblue760 re: last drive: “I was not going to risk our front and our quarterback to that pass rush any longer…We had enough yards to win the game.” Didn’t want to risk possibility of a sack, tip, etc. Cited trouble team had blocking A-gaps after Paradis’ injury.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 49m49 minutes ago
    John Elway, on @orangeblue760: "Case played probably his best game of the year & did a lot of good things ... gave us a chance to win at the end & obviously weren't able to close the deal."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 46m46 minutes ago
    #Broncos Elway on on the end of the game clock management. "The last thing we want to do is make a mistake and go backwards. I'm not sure if it's at 35 if he makes it because he pushed it right" #Denver7

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 46m46 minutes ago
    John Elway, on @orangeblue760, says he understands Vance Joseph’s rationale in the last minute: "The last thing we wanted to was make a mistake and go backwards. In that situation we were there and we didn't want to take any chances."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 45m45 minutes ago
    Elway: "I can sit there and say I can second-guess Vance, but I can also understand his mindset that he didn't want to make a mistake and have a setback."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 45m45 minutes ago
    John Elway, on @orangeblue760: "At this point in time, we're going to stay the course. I think there's enough good things that are going on as far as us & the way that we're playing … I’m much more encouraged this year than I was last year."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 42m42 minutes ago
    Elway: "We haven't the plays that we need to get over the hump. I like the heartbeat of this team, the fact that they're competitors and they continue to work hard."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 28m28 minutes ago
    #Broncos Paradis will be placed on IR after suffering broken leg. "Tough loss," Joseph said. McGovern will stay at center. #Denver7

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 28m28 minutes ago
    Vance Joseph: "Matt (Paradis) is like a coach on the field, so you can't replace that."

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 28m28 minutes ago
    #Broncos Vance Joseph @1043TheFan "Most of the adjustments go through Case now (with Paradis out)."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 26m26 minutes ago
    Vance Joseph on the decision to try for the 62-yarder: "That's on me. I was chasing points."

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 24m24 minutes ago
    Joseph on end of game: Wanted 5 yards on Lindsay rush rather than risk sack or worse against Texans pass rush. #9sports

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 23m23 minutes ago
    #Broncos Joseph on his future. "That's not my focus. We have a month and three weeks left. It's about the players and coaches, and winning football games." #Denver7

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 22m22 minutes ago
    #Broncos Joseph. "If you have a winning record, you don't go for a long field goal yesterday (at halftime), in my opinion." #Denver7

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 21m21 minutes ago
    Vance was asked about what Bill O'Brien may or may not have said at the end of the half: "I'm not concerned about that."

Kyle Fredrickson‏Verified account @kylefredrickson 21m21 minutes ago
    VJ on DT's comment, "that's what they do over there," after the loss Sunday. "I think it's just a player who won a game who is excited to win a game. Again, that's not my focus."

Kyle Fredrickson‏Verified account @kylefredrickson 21m21 minutes ago
    VJ's final answer today: "The culture we're building here, that's been long in the works ... to watch our guys be positive and compete every Sunday, that's who they are."

Are you guys more encouraged this year than last? I'm not. I'm more disenfranchised than anything. I don't see light at the end of this tunnel keeping VJ. I don't see growth, more of a downward trend.

11. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Ugh, the comment on the culture...that is exactly what I'm afraid of, the culture this crew is building around here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

That doesn’t sound like a GM about to fire his HC soon. Yeah....I get it. What’s he supposed to say?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Joseph, to @orangeblue760 re: last drive: “I was not going to risk our front and our quarterback to that pass rush any longer…We had enough yards to win the game.” Didn’t want to risk possibility of a sack, tip, etc. Cited trouble team had blocking A-gaps after Paradis’ injury.
    translation; "i was terrified that idiot 72 was going to hold somebody, and take us out of field goal range". . .

So the Broncos are so afraid of making a mistake that they don’t try to seal the game? John, I’m glad one of us is encouraged.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Are you guys more encouraged this year than last?
    yes. . . we're far more competitive. . . this roster is significantly better than last year's, whether the record shows it or not. . . IF we can make a smart coaching hire in the off-season, most of the pieces are in place to make a quick turnaround. . . the chorfs didn't have to bottom out to get mahomes-- the eagles didn't bottom out for wentz, nor did the texans for watson. . . we aren't as far from contending as this year's results would indicate, IMO. . . gotta find a QB, but this isn't some talent-starved team. . . another draft class or two like this past one, we can be right back in the thick of it. . . take heart, my peoples!

17. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    yes. . . we're far more competitive. . . this roster is significantly better than last year's, whether the record shows it or not. . . IF we can make a smart coaching hire in the off-season, most of the pieces are in place to make a quick turnaround. . . the chorfs didn't have to bottom out to get mahomes-- the eagles didn't bottom out for wentz, nor did the texans for watson. . . we aren't as far from contending as this year's results would indicate, IMO. . . gotta find a QB, but this isn't some talent-starved team. . . another draft class or two like this past one, we can be right back in the thick of it. . . take heart, my peoples!

I love when dog talks me down off a ledge.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I love when dog talks me down off a ledge.
    i'm here for ya, grrrl!

21. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

GEM

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information