Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Anyone else growing concerned about Chubb?

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    ???

NO is a larger market and has Drew Brees along with a Lombardi in the past 4 decades. KC is a small market team more likely to get recognition for kissing cousins tongue punching their sister’s fart box than for actual good football players. That’s what I meant.

How does the league leading rusher who is also a rookie not get OROY? By competing with a guy who was a part of a RBBC but also caught passes from the great Drew Brees I guess.

If it’s even close Barkley would get it over Lindsay.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Lol!

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    NO is a larger market and has Drew Brees along with a Lombardi in the past 4 decades. KC is a small market team more likely to get recognition for kissing cousins tongue punching their sister’s fart box than for actual good football players. That’s what I meant.

How does the league leading rusher who is also a rookie not get OROY? By competing with a guy who was a part of a RBBC but also caught passes from the great Drew Brees I guess.

If you say so. Nielsen has KC as the #33 media market and NO as the #50. I'd say KC is the bigger market. What am I missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    If you say so. Nielsen has KC as the #33 media market and NO as the #50. I'd say KC is the bigger market. What am I missing?
    Sports Watch Media is about the same. They have KC at 32 and NOLA at 50.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Sports Watch Media is about the same. They have KC at 32 and NOLA at 50.
    I personally think "market size" is an old paradigm that has shifted a bit. In this world wide web world, it really does not make much of a difference any more. There are many effects from the internet that our old way of thinking has not considered. The world series had two huge markets, and I heard sports analysts saying how much MLB wanted the Dodgers to get to the series over the Brewers.

The ratings for the world series were very low, for all of that "hoping" that two big MARKETS would be in the world series.
    https://awfulannouncing.com/mlb/red-...on-record.html

The markets are not driving the ratings, the (name) players are. Neither the Dodgers nor the Sox have big marketable names on their rosters. Kerhsaw is a name, but not much more. Not many people could name the starting line up for the Sox, or really the Dodgers.

Look at the NBA. it is really about the players. The NFL is no different. Pat Mahomes is starting to move that needle.
    Last edited by Broncoknight30; 11-01-2018 at 06:07 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    So the chubb over Rosen pick appeals to everyone then?
    Nope.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Nope.
    Love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

10. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post

"Tongue-puncher"!

Of course any first round pick would get it over an undrafted player. "NObody drafted this guy! How good could he possibly be? WEll, he's playing great, for now, but is that real, or did he just have some kind of freak, career year, and he's really the guy nobody wanted to draft, and will fall back to earth next year like Case Keenum?"

So, they give it to Barkley, the guy everybody said was supposed to win it. They have to give it to him so that they will be proven geniuses "I said before the draft that Barkley would win it!"

But, for the same reason, Chubb is equally likely to get consideration. He was the consensus #1 defensive pick of the draft. Everybody raved before the draft about how great he was and how he might be an even better prospect than Myles Garrett who went #1 overall.

So, suppose he goes out and gets 12 sacks or something (he's on pace right now)? Now he confirms everybody's suspicions that he was the best choice all along. Nobody but Cleveland would have taken Denzel Ward so they don't want him to win. Who do you think is going to get it? They guy they all thought would win it all along of course.

If he has a good season it becomes self-fulfilling prophecy.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information