Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL draft order - 2018

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Wow, the Browns could end up with two top ten picks.
    A screw up both of them.

2. The Following User High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Broncos need Lynch to show something while getting the 1st or 2nd pick (behind SF) so they can get an RGIII haul from Browns. Their wannabe moneyball FO is losing sway with that corrupt owner after their sabatoge of the McCarron deal.

Knock on wood.......
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 11-12-2017 at 06:56 PM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I don't think he's reading a single post, he just quickly glances at them, notices two words and then froths at the mouth.
    Is that not SOP?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Tankathon has us with the number six pick in the draft next year, with our next opponent the Bengals at number five. Not too shabby ...

I'd be stoked if we can get as high as 2-3......

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by DT88TheGreat View Post
    I'd be stoked if we can get as high as 2-3......
    Competition is very stiff with the "undefeated" Browns and the "one loss" Niners and Giants ahead of us.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

When all is said and done I think it will be:

1: Browns
    2: Giants
    3: Broncos
    4: 49ers

I think with this freefall it is possible we don't win again and I think the 49ers might just net a few more wins, especially when they get the new QB out there.

and that's why I mentioned the other guys in previous posts... now wipe that foam from your mouth. BTW... what is wrong with grabbing a QB in later rounds as well as trying to get your stud early? Briscoe could be a wasted late pick but he could also be the next Wentz... who knows.
    What is wrong with drafting a QB after the top round? Because nearly ALL QBs taken in the 2nd or later round are busts, that's why!

Just take a look at this!

2016:
    After Goff and Wentz went 1-2: Paxton Lynch- #26, Christian Hackenberg, #51, Jacoby Brisett, Cody Kessler, Connor Cook. . . Dak Prescott would be the only other QB taken who was any good

2015:
    Who looks good? Winston and Mariotta, 1-2. Who doesn't? Everybody else: Garrett Grayson, Sean Mannion, Bryce Petty, Brett Hundley Trevor Siemian

Every year there's maybe 1 or 2 QBs not taken in the first round who aren't terrible. But, nobody can predict which guy this will be. 32 Teams passed on Dak Prescott 3 times and most 4.

So, not only are the odds against you but guessing wrong sets back your franchise for at least 2 seasons. Just as the Broncos wasted 2 seasons because Elway and the coaching staff wanted Trevor Siemian as the starter and Elway didn't go out and get an actually GOOD QB.

So, the team falls apart and goes 5-11. The Broncos are 1 more year of QB futility away from becoming just another LOSING franchise.

Will they become like the pathetic Raiders - losing every year, while still bragging about their last championship season in 1983 when Marcus Allen was the MVP?

Once you have a couple of losing seasons back to back, you have officially replaced the culture of winning with a culture of losing. And losing is contagious. It breeds more losing. Just ask Detroit and Cleveland. Just ask the Raiders how hard that is to recover from!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    When all is said and done I think it will be:

1: Browns
    2: Giants
    3: Broncos
    4: 49ers

I think with this freefall it is possible we don't win again and I think the 49ers might just net a few more wins, especially when they get the new QB out there.
    You forget the Colts, who just lost to the 49ers, probably on purpose. They look to be trying to secure the #1 overall pick. If so, it would be a move to get a QB and trade Andrew Luck.

And before you get excited, there is just ZERO chance that Jim Irsay is going to trade Luck to the Broncos. None whatever after watching the Broncos win the SB with Peyton while the Colts wander the wastelands of futility. That hurt! They aren't risking that again!

Besides the Broncos will probably win 1 or 2 more meaningless games. Possibly 3. They play a few bad teams - Colts, Jets, Dolphins, and Redskins, all teams with losing records, only the Chiefs have a winning record.

Of course they are capable of losing to all of them, but so are those teams! The Broncos are bound to run into a team trying harder to lose than them, and with less talent.
    Last edited by Cugel; 11-14-2017 at 11:44 AM.

I've seen you mention the Colts losing to the 49ers in a number of threads. You misread something somewhere.

Colts lost to the Steelers.

49ers beat the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    You forget the Colts, who just lost to the 49ers, probably on purpose.

No they didn't the Giants did?

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I've seen you mention the Colts losing to the 49ers in a number of threads. You misread something somewhere.

Colts lost to the Steelers.

49ers beat the Giants.
    I enjoy when you hold cugel accountable.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    What is wrong with drafting a QB after the top round? Because nearly ALL QBs taken in the 2nd or later round are busts, that's why!
    It seems like there's an echo in here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Good article in Forbes about draft efficiency. https://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/.../#5754322268de

Looks like round 2 and 3 are much more important than most think.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Good article in Forbes about draft efficiency. https://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/.../#5754322268de

Looks like round 2 and 3 are much more important than most think.
    You mean rounds 3 and later?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information