Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Nba 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    76ers and Celtics swapped picks, so 76ers will draft Fultz.
    I'm nervous about Ainge's decision to trade out of the first. Most NBA experts predict Fultz will be a stud so Danny is voting against the consensus. The Lakers have a chance to really screw this up for us if they don't choose Ball.

The only way I will like this trade is if Danny packages some of those first rounders this year for Antonio Davis but that seems unlikely to happen.

I hope the Lakers don't draft Lonzo Ball just to hear he dad go off the rails.

3. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I hope the Lakers don't draft Lonzo Ball just to hear he dad go off the rails.
    I think his dad is already off the rails.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I think his dad is already off the rails.
    Absolutely.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    I'm nervous about Ainge's decision to trade out of the first. Most NBA experts predict Fultz will be a stud so Danny is voting against the consensus. The Lakers have a chance to really screw this up for us if they don't choose Ball.

The only way I will like this trade is if Danny packages some of those first rounders this year for Antonio Davis but that seems unlikely to happen.
    Seems they wanted Jackson anyway, so they still get their guy and an additional pick in the future they can use to turn into Butler or something of that ilk.

That being said, I'm stoked about getting Fultz in Philly. Now if Embiid and Simmons can just stay healthy.....

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Seems they wanted Jackson anyway, so they still get their guy and an additional pick in the future they can use to turn into Butler or something of that ilk.

That being said, I'm stoked about getting Fultz in Philly. Now if Embiid and Simmons can just stay healthy.....
    embiid is never going to. . .

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    embiid is never going to. . .
    I hold out hope simply because he's a big with an elite jump shot. Combine that with a slasher like Simmons and penetrator like Fultz and he wont have to post up as much as a typical center. That will reduce the stress on his lower body and allow him to have a longer career that what might be expected. The other factor, scientifically, is the focus on his poor landing mechanics. Team doctors and therapists (which are some of the best in Philly) are convinced this is what caused the meniscus tear and likely the original stress fractures in his foot. So, they have been working with him to alter the way he lands. With his work ethic, that shouldnt be a difficult fix.

Do I think he'll be a 35 minute player for 80 games a year? No. But I still think he'll be a solid 24/12 guy for 6-7 years. At least I hope so. If not, we still have some lottery picks coming up in future drafts and attracting a solid big to play with Fultz/Simmons/Saric in the future shouldnt be too hard when you have the most cap space in the NBA.

Trust the Process

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post

We need a shooter when Isiah is on the bench and Fultz should have been that guy. Danny really didn't care for his game I guess.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

We need a shooter when Isiah is on the bench and Fultz should have been that guy. Danny really didn't care for his game I guess.
    Jackson pairs better with that team now. Fultz and Thomas wouldn't have paired well at all. Two ball dominant scorers who struggle to get Open off the ball. The Celtics do need a shooter, which Jackson isn't, but he is a slasher and the Celtics don't really have that either.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Fultz is definitely a lead guard like Thomas is and that is a clash, but I would also add that I think Fultz is better off the ball than some might think because he moves well without it and is a solid spot up shooter. But, I still dont know that he'd work in the same back court with Thomas.

Where the Celtics go from there is still a mystery. Jackson is a better version of Brown, but do they need two players like that? Three if you add Crowder. A scorer on the wing makes sense and Tatum would be a good option, but he is an isolation player and the Celtics dont run that offense much. Or trade back and nab Markannen as a stretch 4. Maybe they trade it for a vet. Rumor has it Chicago offered Butler to Philly for the #3 pick, so maybe the same offer stands for Boston. Can they get Hayward in via FA? They have a ton of ways they can go.

Thursday night will be interesting...for a change.

13. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

WTE

Jackson pairs better with that team now. Fultz and Thomas wouldn't have paired well at all. Two ball dominant scorers who struggle to get Open off the ball. The Celtics do need a shooter, which Jackson isn't, but he is a slasher and the Celtics don't really have that either.
    Jaylon Brown and Terry Rozier can both penetrate. So can Marcus Smart but he misses too many layups.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Jaylon Brown and Terry Rozier can both penetrate. So can Marcus Smart but he misses too many layups.
    Having a second scorer was their downfall against the Cavs. I'm guessing Ainge is hoping that one of Jackson and Brown will become an elite scorer and the other will be a 3 and D guy. I think both have the skills to do both. Smart is reaching the end of his Celtics career.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Let's talk about the magic.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Let's talk about the magic.
    Elfrid Peyton's hair.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Elfrid Peyton's hair.
    I love him. About the only dude on that team I love.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information