Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The current formula

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Default The current formula

We don't need to draft stars at RB or WR in the first round. The current recipe to win in the NFL is to get your QB, an OL and a defense and have too many capable weapons to cover. Hell...the QB doesn't even have to be THAT good lately. The piece that seems to matter most is the TE. Look at the recent SB participants. NE, LA, Philly, Atlanta, Seattle and now KC and likely San Fran. They all follow a similar blueprint. The only "stud early pick" WR in the SB the past 4 years has been Julio. And although he and Gurley were high picks, LA used a lot of solid weapons. And neither have rings. Let's build this the right way. Compliment Sutton. Fix the OL. Finalize the D. We aren't far off.
    Last edited by SmilinAssasSin27; 01-19-2020 at 08:29 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Does the Draft trajectory change with Shurmer?

So many questions on the OLine. McGovern coming back? Will James play next year? Callahan? Riddick? The only certainty is another LT to push Bolles.

The cloudiness will be there until FA. Will they nees to replace CH?

And cut Jake Butt jfc already.

Broncos need to go all in on fixing the Offense.

This is Elway's biggest offseason.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

And don't pass on Kyle Shanahan. Add that to the formula.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    And don't pass on Kyle Shanahan. Add that to the formula.
    Agreed...but Philly and NE are also perfect examples of how to build an entire team.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    We don't need to draft stars at RB or WR in the first round. The current recipe to win in the NFL is to get your QB, an OL and a defense and have too many capable weapons to cover. Hell...the QB doesn't even have to be THAT good lately. The piece that seems to matter most is the TE. Look at the recent SB participants. NE, LA, Philly, Atlanta, Seattle and now KC and likely San Fran. They all follow a similar blueprint. The only "stud early pick" WR in the SB the past 4 years has been Julio. And although he and Gurley were high picks, LA used a lot of solid weapons. And neither have rings. Let's build this the right way. Compliment Sutton. Fix the OL. Finalize the D. We aren't far off.
    I def dont want a RB in rd 1 but to ignore such a talented WR class to possibly reach for a late 1st rd prospect with out trading back would be dumb.....OL and DL are both needs but so is CB, possibly Center and LB. To ignore that WR is not a need for this team with a new scheme going more 3 Wide and less TE would also be negligent.

I personally believe a Combo of a guy like Kinlaw at DT and Badass C or a OT i nrd 2 is our best bet for a 1-2 impact punch. I'm not willing to shut the door on LB or WR in rd 1 however and we certainly need to look at CB in rd 2 and 3 if we pass on rd 1.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Sign Hunter Henry and AJ Green in FA, sign and draft multiple OL. Get healthy on D, draft a CB and OLB.

I’m thinking of letting Simmons walk, S and C are positions you shouldn’t set the market for.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

9. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Agreed...but Philly and NE are also perfect examples of how to build an entire team.
    And cheating.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

11. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Sign Hunter Henry and AJ Green in FA, sign and draft multiple OL. Get healthy on D, draft a CB and OLB.

I’m thinking of letting Simmons walk, S and C are positions you shouldn’t set the market for.

This is where Im starting to have issues as well......year 1 would be like (28 mil...16 to Simmons, 12 to McGovern) paid to a center and a S......not very smart for building your team if you ask me.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I def dont want a RB in rd 1 but to ignore such a talented WR class to possibly reach for a late 1st rd prospect with out trading back would be dumb.....OL and DL are both needs but so is CB, possibly Center and LB. To ignore that WR is not a need for this team with a new scheme going more 3 Wide and less TE would also be negligent.

I personally believe a Combo of a guy like Kinlaw at DT and Badass C or a OT i nrd 2 is our best bet for a 1-2 impact punch. I'm not willing to shut the door on LB or WR in rd 1 however and we certainly need to look at CB in rd 2 and 3 if we pass on rd 1.
    It's not what is needed to win in today's NFL. It's not negligent to get a different stud and solidify a different position, especially when that position makes more of an impact in the big picture. WRs in this league are a dime a dozen when it comes to actually winning games. The position hasn't truly mattered in quite some time. You can win with a bunch of "good" skill players. I'm not saying ignore the position. I'm saying it can wait. You need to block and allow time for them to get open. You need the TE that creates mismatches. You need the D to get after the other QB and not allow him time to find his guys.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

This is where Im starting to have issues as well......year 1 would be like (28 mil...16 to Simmons, 12 to McGovern) paid to a center and a S......not very smart for building your team if you ask me.....
    McGovern can walk. Pay Simmons. We have the cash. Our QB won't cost anything for a few years.

16. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

McGovern can walk. Pay Simmons. We have the cash. Our QB won't cost anything for a few years.
    Were talking about about a 5 year 70 mil plus type contract for Simmons.....Why not just Tag him and make him play on the Tag for a year?

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

18. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Were talking about about a 5 year 70 mil plus type contract for Simmons.....Why not just Tag him and make him play on the Tag for a year?
    Because we finally found a good Safety and I want to keep him now. IMO it makes sense to know your likely financial situation going into a season. Tagging someone still leaves a lot of questions

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

It's not what is needed to win in today's NFL. It's not negligent to get a different stud and solidify a different position, especially when that position makes more of an impact in the big picture. WRs in this league are a dime a dozen when it comes to actually winning games. The position hasn't truly mattered in quite some time. You can win with a bunch of "good" skill players. I'm not saying ignore the position. I'm saying it can wait. You need to block and allow time for them to get open. You need the TE that creates mismatches. You need the D to get after the other QB and not allow him time to find his guys.
    I guess my problem is we only have 1 awesome skill player at the moment, a RB who is solid and a rookie TE who shows potential....Thats not enough to score 30 points to hang with Chiefs, 49er's, Ravens, Titans etc....

I wont argue that the DL and OL should be addressed 1st, and then our woeful CB situation needs big help.....but I also dont feel were even close to matching up with some of these power offesnes without better skill players....Tim patrick, Hamilton, Spencer, Jeff Heurman, Royce Freeman etc.....uggghhhh

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Because we finally found a good Safety and I want to keep him now. IMO it makes sense to know your likely financial situation going into a season. Tagging someone still leaves a lot of questions
    Your not wrong about having a good safety again, him and Jackon certainly shore up the starter slots.....guess that cash is just scary, knowing we have DL, OL and CB issues and also need better skill players and some LB help....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I guess my problem is we only have 1 awesome skill player at the moment, a RB who is solid and a rookie TE who shows potential....Thats not enough to score 30 points to hang with Chiefs, 49er's, Ravens, Titans etc....

I wont argue that the DL and OL should be addressed 1st, and then our woeful CB situation needs big help.....but I also dont feel were even close to matching up with some of these power offesnes without better skill players....Tim patrick, Hamilton, Spencer, Jeff Heurman, Royce Freeman etc.....uggghhhh
    If we improve wr2, all of our others look that much better. We can do that in round 3 or FA. Maybe we get multiple wr in round 3 after helping the trenches in round 1 and 2

And I like Freeman. We just use him wrong. He's a "gets better as the game goes on type". Imagine if we A)blocked for him and B) allowed him to get into a rhythm

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information