Page 823 of 1170 FirstFirst ... 323 723 773 813 821 822 823 824 825 833 873 923 ... LastLast
Results 12,331 to 12,345 of 17550

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Tried to watch the new 'Planet of the Apes' last night, but I got bored with it.

Interesting.... watching 'Battleship' on the Telemundo channel. LoL

2. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

It 6/10

The movie is fine. I am too influenced by the book and my own vision of what It is. It's not a kinetic wiggly monster that

is essentially beaten to death via acts of physical violence

It is many of the things in the movie, the effort was kinda there, but none of the manifestations worked that well except for

the end where Bev looks into the clown's mouth down the throaty hall of teeth into an abyss of sorts. The weird portrait lady was so-so.

Probably will appeal to those looking for a Stranger Things type fix that aren't really purists about Lovecraftian horror and the essence of what makes It a worthwhile story. That essential quality I could describe but it would require many more words that I hesitate to commit to typing on account of lack of interest and difficulty in finding accurate expression.

For me It was hollow and weak. I had my hopes up that it would be the real thing but It wasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Wonder Woman 8/10.

I enjoyed this flick more than most of the Marvel/DC stuff. Nothing to do with empowerment, I just liked the characters. The story didn't feel too plodding and the visual effects, especially near the end were fantastic! Gal Godot was a convincing Wonder Woman and being insanely beautiful did not hurt. Chris Pine carried the love interest very well and was a fairly well thought out character in his own right.

Nothing groundbreaking, just a solid super-hero origin story jaunt.

I know this isn't a "new" movie, but I only get to see those via netflix these days.

6. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    It 6/10

The movie is fine. I am too influenced by the book and my own vision of what It is. It's not a kinetic wiggly monster that

is essentially beaten to death via acts of physical violence

It is many of the things in the movie, the effort was kinda there, but none of the manifestations worked that well except for

the end where Bev looks into the clown's mouth down the throaty hall of teeth into an abyss of sorts. The weird portrait lady was so-so.

Probably will appeal to those looking for a Stranger Things type fix that aren't really purists about Lovecraftian horror and the essence of what makes It a worthwhile story. That essential quality I could describe but it would require many more words that I hesitate to commit to typing on account of lack of interest and difficulty in finding accurate expression.

For me It was hollow and weak. I had my hopes up that it would be the real thing but It wasn't.
    Very fair score in my opinion.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Justice League 8/10

After the desaturated and dour Man of Steel and Batman v Superman films from Zack Snyder couldn't find their ways into the hearts of general audiences, Wonder Woman almost single-handedly saved the DC film universe this past June by re-introducing a ray of hope back into it. After a rocky production schedule (Zack Snyder had to step aside during post-production and let Joss Whedon take over due to the death of his daughter) and clear marching orders from Warner Bros. to make this movie not ruin the goodwill that Wonder Woman had built up, Justice League succeeds as a way to springboard the DCEU into a more positive and fun direction. But like the other movies in the Snyder-verse, it's not always perfect.

The Good:
    • The movie has a brisk 2 hour runtime, and though I wanted to see some things fleshed out more what was there was concise than previous films
    • Ezra Miller's Flash and Jason Mamoa's Aquaman steal the show and provide great chemistry with the established heroes
    • The score by Danny Elfman brings back1989 Batman theme as well as another classic orchestral piece that turned me into a kid again momentarily
    • The other new character, Cyborg played by Ray Fishter, had a nice little character arc and was a good counter-balance to the team
    • Great action scenes, a coherent and simple story, and humor in all the right places marks another step forward with these films gaining wider appeal
    • The 2nd and 3rd act had me grinning ear to ear

The Bad:
    • Uneven special effects due to reshoots, but not overly distracting
    • Another boring villain that seems to be there just to build himself up and conquer with glowie-things due to "reasons"
    • Some issues with the first act (similar to Thor Ragnarok) where things are moving so briskly you need time to settle in
    • It is sometimes very obvious where Snyder's and Whedon's styles kick in and it can be jarring
    • SOME of the humor feels out of left field and takes away from whatever drama was trying to be conveyed

But my most favorite thing about this film was

The way they handled Superman's return! After his resurrection he is very confused as actually attacks the team. When Flash goes to make a move to help he realizes that Superman can see him and leads to some of the funniest/craziest stuff in the movie. At one point during the final fight we hear JOHN MOTHER ******* WILLIAMS original Superman score blare. So good...

Right now on Rotten Tomatoes this movie is sitting pretty low with critics but very high with audiences. My matinee crowd was laughing and engaged throughout the entirety so it will be interesting to see how this performs moving forward. I still prefer the graphic novel sensibilities of Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, but if you are going to do a Comic Book movie then this is how you do it. Flawed but fun and shows good things to come. Hopefully!

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

This is all a friend of mine had to say about Justice League so i dont know what to think so far. lol

god damnit dc,god damnit ....i just want one good movie...at least fire snyder....and batffleck,and whoever played the flash...i just don't understand.

11. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    This is all a friend of mine had to say about Justice League so i dont know what to think so far. lol
    Well you have to trust people's reviews that match your tastes. Richard Roeper, for example, is someone that also liked most of the DC films so far (aside from the dumpster fire that is Suicide Squad) and he gave it a great review. Others who have hated the movies so far gave it mixed to negative reviews. Like most movies, you have to judge this based on your tastes. Did you friend not like Wonder Woman either? It is closer in tone to that film.

On the same token, I heard so many rave reviews for Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Thor Ragnarok and I thought those movies where subpar sequels compared to Marvel's other triumphs. My favorite Marvel flick this year was easily Spider-man: Homecoming and I come to find that is 3rd on most peoples lists. So what the hell do I know?

I'm not here to convince anyone to do anything. I think Blade Runner 2049 was a masterpiece but that movie bombed hard and I would never recommend it to anyone. I can just take these things as they come.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Justice League 8/10

After the desaturated and dour Man of Steel and Batman v Superman films from Zack Snyder couldn't find their ways into the hearts of general audiences, Wonder Woman almost single-handedly saved the DC film universe this past June by re-introducing a ray of hope back into it. After a rocky production schedule (Zack Snyder had to step aside during post-production and let Joss Whedon take over due to the death of his daughter) and clear marching orders from Warner Bros. to make this movie not ruin the goodwill that Wonder Woman had built up, Justice League succeeds as a way to springboard the DCEU into a more positive and fun direction. But like the other movies in the Snyder-verse, it's not always perfect.

The Good:
    • The movie has a brisk 2 hour runtime, and though I wanted to see some things fleshed out more what was there was concise than previous films
    • Ezra Miller's Flash and Jason Mamoa's Aquaman steal the show and provide great chemistry with the established heroes
    • The score by Danny Elfman brings back1989 Batman theme as well as another classic orchestral piece that turned me into a kid again momentarily
    • The other new character, Cyborg played by Ray Fishter, had a nice little character arc and was a good counter-balance to the team
    • Great action scenes, a coherent and simple story, and humor in all the right places marks another step forward with these films gaining wider appeal
    • The 2nd and 3rd act had me grinning ear to ear

The Bad:
    • Uneven special effects due to reshoots, but not overly distracting
    • Another boring villain that seems to be there just to build himself up and conquer with glowie-things due to "reasons"
    • Some issues with the first act (similar to Thor Ragnarok) where things are moving so briskly you need time to settle in
    • It is sometimes very obvious where Snyder's and Whedon's styles kick in and it can be jarring
    • SOME of the humor feels out of left field and takes away from whatever drama was trying to be conveyed

Right now on Rotten Tomatoes this movie is sitting pretty low with critics but very high with audiences. My matinee crowd was laughing and engaged throughout the entirety so it will be interesting to see how this performs moving forward. I still prefer the graphic novel sensibilities of Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, but if you are going to do a Comic Book movie then this is how you do it. Flawed but fun and shows good things to come. Hopefully!
    Great review and I also gave it 8/10. You pretty much nailed my feelings EXACTLY about the uneven special effects, the out of place humor at times and basically everything else.

I was thinking Darkseid would've been a better villain, but that would've been too much too soon. Steppenwolf was just eh. Cool axe but he seemed to be a villain who was sent by a much more powerful villain to "scout the area".

Only thing I disagreed with was about the first act. I kind of expected it with an ensemble hero cast in it's first run so I wasn't disappointed.

The ending scene after the credits had me hyped for a sequel. Darkseid and the New Gods probably come after that.

15. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Thor: 9/10 - Surprising comedy. Jeff Goldblum as the Grandsmaster came off like Jeff Goldblum more than the Grandsmaster. But I enjoyed it from beginning to end. Better than Guardians.

Sing: 9/10. I saw this film 5 times in a row. We had kids over at the house last weekend and everyone enjoyed it. I'm a sucker for talking animal cartoons.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    Great review and I also gave it 8/10. You pretty much nailed my feelings EXACTLY about the uneven special effects, the out of place humor at times and basically everything else.

I was thinking Darkseid would've been a better villain, but that would've been too much too soon. Steppenwolf was just eh. Cool axe but he seemed to be a villain who was sent by a much more powerful villain to "scout the area".

Only thing I disagreed with was about the first act. I kind of expected it with an ensemble hero cast in it's first run so I wasn't disappointed.

The ending scene after the credits had me hyped for a sequel. Darkseid and the New Gods probably come after that.
    Agreed. The thing I was surprised with though was how good Steppenwolf looked overall. I was worried about his CGI from some of the previews. They did establish him as a badass, so when he was smacked down it was pretty satisfying. He is Darkseid's uncle so he is usually used as a harbinger for the him. I want Brainiac in the Man of Steel sequel, I think they finally got the character right.

And yes! BOTH the after credits scenes made me excited for things to come.

I would rate Justice league an 8/10.

I liked it more than Thor: Ragnarok, which is saying something because I am a big Thor fan.

There were a few things I would have done differently, but overall was a good and entertaining movie.

20. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

FYI. Denzel landed that MFing plane.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    FYI. Denzel landed that MFing plane.
    In the Hudson, right?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

had choice to see JL or new Thor.

Loved Thor. 10/10

24. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Late to the party, but I just watched The Hateful Eight. Still trying to gather my thoughts on it. Nothing really stood out compared to other Tarantino movies (it had many of the standard characteristics) but it was interesting due to the simplicity of the setting. It was a slow burn, but ultimately I think it had a nice crescendo and was worth the build up. Essentially seems like a different take on Reservoir Dogs but set in the late 19th century and twice as long. Besides all of that, it was gorgeous to look at. I'll give it an 8/10 at the moment.

Also watched Baby Driver last week on a plane and thought it was good, but not as good as I would have hoped. And Kevin Spacey's role ruined it for me a bit. 7.5/10

26. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information