Page 78 of 192 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2871

Thread: Is Russ a fraud?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    You think if Russ was on another team and pooping the bed like this people would pine for him?

"I mean I know he's literally one of the worst starters in the NFL this season, but damn that bottom tier production for a quarter of a billy would look good in Denver," - Jaded and Jaded alone!

(=
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Every single Broncos fan that is bitching about the Wilson trade right now would be bitching about NOT trading for Wilson had they gone with any other scenario.

I know I would be.
    Clearly that’s not what I am saying.
    You never asked about a hypothetical, you literally “so Wilson sucks and you think Broncos fans would bitch about not trading for him?”.

Your bias was your first response.

I literally asked you what meant. I just happened to do it in the same terse and caustic tone you use all the time.

Meh. I'm over the pissing contest. I want to be a better person than I am. I shouldn't be so douchey.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

You’re saying that post was a question when the second sentence is literally your bias shitting all over any pretense that you’re actually engaging in legitimate dialog?

You’re right, being douchey doesn’t suit you … stay in your lane.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

You’re saying that post was a question when the second sentence is literally your bias shitting all over any pretense that you’re actually engaging in legitimate dialog?

You’re right, being douchey doesn’t suit you … stay in your lane.
    You think if Russ was on another team and pooping the bed like this people would pine for him?

"I mean I know he's literally one of the worst starters in the NFL this season, but damn that bottom tier production for a quarter of a billy would look good in Denver," - Jaded and Jaded alone!

(=
    Every single Broncos fan that is bitching about the Wilson trade right now would be bitching about NOT trading for Wilson had they gone with any other scenario.

I know I would be.
    So under a different set of facts people would be wanting Russ? I agree, if he wasn't ass people would want him.
    It's not my fault you don't ever give us enough information to know the basis of your takes. I did ask you what you meant, and it was implicit in the first statement. In this thread you made a claim about there's zero facts to support an argument you disagreed with: that's patently false. Then you took issue with me posting to you in the same way you often post to others: which is kind of funny in and of itself. You pooping the bed is on you, fam. Later, gator.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I thought you were done with this pissing contest?

In this thread alone I’ve been as critical of Wilson’s play as anyone, I’ve admitted I can be wrong a lot, I’ve admitted that I have biases, I’ve admitted to hypocrisy … but yeah, let’s discuss my consistent contempt for your so-called facts instead of your so-called facts. I prefer that to explaining, yet again, why your stats can **** right off.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

That wasn't a pissing contest post. There was zero snark in it. I'm off to watch college ball in the holy thread and run a D&D game tonight. I wish you a wonderful night of intoxication and joy.

You are my friend.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I will literally never accept “facts” that suggest David Garrard is better than PFM, your stats literally do that. Save those for like-minded posters, I’ve explained far too many times over the years that there’s zero context in football stats and absent any willingness to accept that I will no longer flirt with the brain damage.

That’s not me saying “I don’t like stats that refute my argument”, that’s me saying I’m no longer entertaining the brain damage.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I will literally never accept “facts” that suggest David Garrard is better than PFM, your stats literally do that. Save those for like-minded posters, I’ve explained far too many times over the years that there’s zero context in football stats and absent any willingness to accept that I will no longer flirt with the brain damage.

We can revisit this later, but I don't know of any single stat that ever said that.

The stat doesn't lie if they're configured correctly. The job of the stat isn't to provide context past a certain point; you can control for variables to a certain extent. It falls upon the reader to know the game. Which is why I don't know why you fight with me of all people on this? I toasted people for arguing that Seeiamon's stats were better than HoFers from other eras. Most people read stats like that, too.

Now, I must figure out if the party is fighting a Terrasque or Elder Lich Dragons and offer comfort to poor Nomad...Georgia just returned a FG for a TD.

Stats are not facts.
    I think you mean “stats are not absolutes”.

A stat based on sports reporters subjective opinions would not be facts. A stat based on objective measurables (TD v Int ratio for example) is very much a fact.

10. The Following User High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    I think you mean “stats are not absolutes”.

A stat based on sports reporters subjective opinions would not be facts. A stat based on objective measurables (TD v Int ratio for example) is very much a fact.
    This important distinction doesn’t apply to my argument, QBR isn’t based solely on objective measurables, it’s an objective measurables stew, so to speak, the ingredients might be the same but the amounts and quality of the ingredients are very subjective. It’s the difference between Kraft Mac and Cheese and Boston Market Mac and Cheese. That doesn’t even begin to account for the fillers in any good stew.

One last time; there’s a difference between a QBR vs the worst defense in the league (Kraft) and a QBR vs the best defense in the league (Boston Market) … unless someone is willing to meet me at Boston Market to do a taste test I am done with explaining the difference between the two. This doesn’t even begin to address nuances like weather conditions, injury situation, incidental nuances like tipped INT’s and dropped touchdowns. The nuances and context involved or mind-boggling, The least we can do is acknowledge them.

Brett Farve sucked at the Jets but went on to do very well for the Vikings, I’m only saying that King’s bias doesn’t HAVE TO BE the only possible scenario … I am saying that I refuse to concede to his bias towards ‘22 Russell Wilson (and North’s bias toward 2020-22 Wilson). King may be absolutely right, he probably is and only I’m going by instinct.

There’s a legitimate argument to be made that Russell Wilson could be an example of the Brett Farve scenario, I’ve done that.

“I can do this all day”— Captain America

Btw, I’ve also been arguing against absolutes for years.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 12-03-2022 at 06:52 PM.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

I was trying to avoid the smartassery … challenge accepted.

Point of actual fact, there’s a magical internet thing called All-22, Google it.
    :eyeroll: there are multiple ways to absorb this information, all22 is another tool. Not sure where you are going here. Unless it's all22 the newer shinier tool, it's not rerelevant?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    :eyeroll: there are multiple ways to absorb this information, all22 is another tool. Not sure where you are going here. Unless it's all22 the newer shinier tool, it's not rerelevant?
    All I’m saying is there’s better “internet tools” to implement than just trying to gleam something off of the 10-or-so games you may have watched on tv.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

The All-22 will show you just how bad Wilson has been this season … it’ll also show you that remembering old “internet highlights” is a piss poor source of basing current opinions on.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Before Wilson became a Denver Broncos QB he was a Top 10 QB, **** your revisionist history pity party.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

16. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

All I’m saying is there’s better “internet tools” to implement than just trying to gleam something off of the 10-or-so games you may have watched on tv.
    There are a more than just "highlights" out there. Wilson is declining, it's painfully obvious.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    There are a more than just "highlights" out there. Wilson is declining, it's painfully obvious.
    He sucks, I’ve never said otherwise.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

19. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information