Page 100 of 105 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1562

Thread: Watson apparently not happy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This is going to go down as one of the worst trades of all time and the takes in this thread are going to get more and more hilarious as the years go on. I can't wait to bump this thread for years to come.
    It brings me no pleasure in taking this victory lap... But we out here!

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Good thing he didn't sign up for Draft Kings!

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Really it's more like a 23 game suspension, am I wrong? Not saying that it's right, I'm very disappointed with the suspension but if we are being honest it's a 23 game suspension of you count all of last season.

It is a tough thing because I believe there has to be due process but at the same time it's blatantly obvious that he is a complete douche and a creepy scumbag but if these women keep taking deals and then not pushing the "illegal" end of this then there isn't much else that can be done. The NFL can't just say if you settle out of court we consider that a guilty plea and we will punish you the max. That doesn't seem right to me either but it's also unfortunate that a guy can get away with that much buggery because he can afford to pay off accusers.

What do you do?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Really it's more like a 23 game suspension, am I wrong? Not saying that it's right, I'm very disappointed with the suspension but if we are being honest it's a 23 game suspension of you count all of last season.

It is a tough thing because I believe there has to be due process but at the same time it's blatantly obvious that he is a complete douche and a creepy scumbag but if these women keep taking deals and then not pushing the "illegal" end of this then there isn't much else that can be done. The NFL can't just say if you settle out of court we consider that a guilty plea and we will punish you the max. That doesn't seem right to me either but it's also unfortunate that a guy can get away with that much buggery because he can afford to pay off accusers.

What do you do?
    He wasn't suspended last year. He refused to play for them, and the team kept paying him. That is not a suspension.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    He wasn't suspended last year. He refused to play for them, and the team kept paying him. That is not a suspension.
    Oh, I guess I was remembering it wrong. I thought he wasn't allowed to play. Yeah, 6 games is horseshit.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

6 games is light. I thought I heard somewhere that there was two judges that heard and seen the alleged evidence in criminal court and civil court and said there was nothing really there against Watson???

Haven’t looked into Watson situation in a while

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    It brings me no pleasure in taking this victory lap... But we out here!

Still glad we didn't sign him. The Browns will be the most hated team in football for as long as he's there, and anything short of winning a Super Bowl will still make that one of the worst trades ever. (yes, I realize I'm moving the goalposts now. Let me take my copium.)

But I suppose I was wrong about the suspension. I guess I shouldn't be stunned anymore, but 6 games is absolutely stunning. For all the shit baseball gets wrong, laying the hammer down on Bauer for 2 years got it right. That's the only way to scare players out of doing this shit.
    Last edited by BroncoWave; 08-01-2022 at 06:08 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Ultimately this is a CBA problem. And I think the NFL severely miscalculated this issue in the last CBA negotiation. They were tired of getting criticized for Goodell being judge, jury, and executioner and handing out soft suspensions. So they figured by agreeing to let a 3rd party hear the case and dole out the suspension, it looks like a more fair process and lets the NFL off the hook for a suspension that's out of their hands. But the average fan isn't going to know or care that that's the case. They'll see the light punishment and be outraged at the league still.

In the next CBA, the NFL needs to demand harsher punishment for DV and it needs to be a dealbreaker. Obviously letting a third party decide this shit didn't work either.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I'm shocked at 6 games i though best case was 1 year suspension on appeal but the details allude to a pretty soft case against Watson from a evidence standpoint. Sounds to me like a creepy guy got away with doing creepy things because of money and lack of evidence plain and simple. F him and the browns though give me Russ all day everyday over that saga and stench...

14. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

lol I tried to tell folks the NFL wasn’t going to stick it to there buddy the browns owner. Smh 230 million fully guaranteed and y’all thought this guy was going to sit the entire year? Lol

The irony is that the NFL led by Goddell, can appeal, to Goddell, and increase the suspension…. The ruling by he retired judge is only a recommendation, and based off of historical rulings…she didn’t find anything that supported a a season..but ruled there was violations of 3 of the codes of conducts….and they were “egregious”

I bet the nfl says they disagree, but don’t appeal, and move on…

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Eddiemac87 For This Post:

Goodell isn’t going to appeal this is exactly the way they hoped it would work out. A short suspension so Watson can get back and start bringing in revenue to the league for the little revenue they might a lost since the whole ordeal was exposed by the titan’s leadership

6 games and a quarter billions dollars... reward to a utter pile of steaming shit.

There is no integrity to this league.

20. The Following User High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    6 games and a quarter billions dollars... reward to a utter pile of steaming shit.

There is no integrity to this league.
    Rapelisberger got 4 games (6 games originally, reduced on appeal). Robert Kraft got nothing for his happy ending prostitution bust. Snyder still hasn't paid for his culture of mistreatment of cheerleaders and front office staff.

But hey, Calvin Ridley got banned for a year!

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Rapelisberger got 4 games (6 games originally, reduced on appeal). Robert Kraft got nothing for his happy ending prostitution bust. Snyder still hasn't paid for his culture of mistreatment of cheerleaders and front office staff.

But hey, Calvin Ridley got banned for a year!
    i feel like there's some kind of pattern here. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

24. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information