Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL launches tiered streaming service. Here's how much it costs

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default NFL launches tiered streaming service. Here's how much it costs

The NFL has lifted the curtain on its long-awaited streaming service, which will allow fans to watch live games on a smartphone or tablet.

NFL+ costs $4.99 a month, or $39.99 a year, and comes with access to pre-season games and archived football footage, the league announced Monday. A higher-tier subscription, NFL+ Premium, goes for $9.99 or $79.99, and includes ad-free
    game replays and coaches' film — a camera angle that let's a viewer see the game from all 22 players on the field.

The new service is different from the NFL Network or NFL Sunday Ticket, which both offer viewer access to live games but must be paid for through a cable service provider. With NFL+ launching, NFL Game Pass will no longer be offered in the U.S., the league said.
    rest - https://www.cbsnews.com/colorado/new...ball-coverage/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

The NFL is essentially a five-month season so you can order the $9.99 per month plan a la carte and you're only paying $50 plus tax.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I just tried to find this on Roku & Amazon Prime, but it wasn't in either.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I just tried to find this on Roku & Amazon Prime, but it wasn't in either.
    It will only be available sometime next month on app stores for mobile devices. I have NFL game pass Europe living over here in Italy and they had some blurbs about it. The in market out of market details are still inw. It will not be available for TV's. Direct TV is losing Sunday ticket next season as well and it will be going to either Amazon, Apple or YouTube apparently. This NFL plus s just a foot in the door method for the NFL. Who apparently have long term plans for streaming but its in infancy stages. My curiousness lies with if you live in Denver for example can you watch at work on a tablet or iPhone all Sunday games? Or if you live in Baltimore (North) my guess is you will only get those games in that market on Sunday outside primetime games and not necessarily the Denver games. It hasn't really been clear IMO.

This seems to simply be a rebranded version of the NFL Gamepass and with a monthly fee rather than annual fee. Trying to get people roped into a monthly fee rather than having to decide every year whether or not to renew Gamepass.

Will be interesting to see if they add more to this, including once DirecTV's NFL Sunday ticket runs out after the end of this year, whether they new provider (Apple, Amazon, etc.) who the NFL wants to be a co-owner with the NFL media, will simply take over this new streaming service, and have another tier that includes Sunday ticket. My guess is that's the way the NFL would like to go. One service with multiple tiers, rather than having to get this from the NFL and go someplace else for Sunday ticket.

7. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I was really hoping we were talking about streaming live games legally. Tired of paying for Sunday Ticket but will continue until there’s a better, legal, and moral alternative.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I was really hoping we were talking about streaming live games legally. Tired of paying for Sunday Ticket but will continue until there’s a better, legal, and moral alternative.
    No, not live, out of market games. That won't happen until after DirecTV's exclusive runs this season. Then, time will tell if it's a $300 or whatever annual with Sunday Ticket, or $x a month.

Wish they would let us have the option of one team for less like NBA does, or at least used to.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

So they don’t have a package that allows us to watch the games live? That suck’s. Thank lawd for firestick

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    No, not live, out of market games. That won't happen until after DirecTV's exclusive runs this season. Then, time will tell if it's a $300 or whatever annual with Sunday Ticket, or $x a month.

Wish they would let us have the option of one team for less like NBA does, or at least used to.
    Right I remember before fire stick I’d just buy the 76ers package. So I could see every sixer game. Didn’t really care about seeing everyone else night in night out since there’s games on ESPN tnt and abc or nbc whatever it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    So they don’t have a package that allows us to watch the games live? That suck’s. Thank lawd for firestick
    DirecTV still has exclusive rights to out of market games. There are ways for you to stream games you could otherwise get over the air or via cable in your market, but through the upcoming season DirecTV owns the rights to out of market games. The expectation, and NFL has pretty well stated such, is that starting with the '23 season, out of market games (possibly still being call NFL Sunday ticket, but who knows), will be available to stream. They are negotiating with Apple, Amazon, and some others to buy the rights to resell the live game streaming.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

DirecTV still has exclusive rights to out of market games. There are ways for you to stream games you could otherwise get over the air or via cable in your market, but through the upcoming season DirecTV owns the rights to out of market games. The expectation, and NFL has pretty well stated such, is that starting with the '23 season, out of market games (possibly still being call NFL Sunday ticket, but who knows), will be available to stream. They are negotiating with Apple, Amazon, and some others to buy the rights to resell the live game streaming.
    Legally. Any streaming of an NFL game right now through any means other than Sunday Ticket is illegal at some level

17. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Legally. Any streaming of an NFL game right now through any means other than Sunday Ticket is illegal at some level
    Not what I was describing. There are multiple legal ways to stream "in market" games. Fox.com, and other ways, but only for games that you would otherwise get in your market (OTA/Cable). Not every market/carrier supports it, but many do, for in market games. For "out of market" games, you are 100%, the only legal option for live out of market games is DirecTV.

19. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Smh come on bro I know you not calling firestick illegal again are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Smh come on bro I know you not calling firestick illegal again are you?
    Nobody would call a Firestick illegal. If you are using it to watch a game that you are not authorized to watch, then you are violating the law and conducting an illegal activity. Keep up.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Nobody would call a Firestick illegal. If you are using it to watch a game that you are not authorized to watch, then you are violating the law and conducting an illegal activity. Keep up.
    It’s 100% legit.

I’ll leave it at that.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information