Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry Jeudy arrested

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Seeing a lot of "what if's" and "Could have" and "might have".

12 pages for something that's not really anything big.
    Luckily it was prevented from becoming one of those what ifs. If the cops had not been called? Who knows what each toxic person would have done in that situation when both were acting like shitty and manipulative people. There are no doubt countless examples when situations like these that were "not really anything big" turned into something big quick.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Reverse everything. He took her phone, she took his wallet and the baby’s formula. Feel different?

If so it’s obviously sexist.

I don’t, arrest both or neither.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Luckily it was prevented from becoming one of those what ifs. If the cops had not been called? Who knows what each toxic person would have done in that situation when both were acting like shitty and manipulative people. There are no doubt countless examples when situations like these that were "not really anything big" turned into something big quick.
    So we arrest people to ensure they don’t commit crimes these days?

Interesting.

5. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Reverse everything. He took her phone, she took his wallet and the baby’s formula. Feel different?

Arrest the damned baby, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Arrest the damned baby, too!
    Little sumbish, get the cuffs!

Those are for you BTDUBS.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I would say arrest her if roles were switched and she is the one who took the wallet and formula.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Interesting.
    When it comes to protecting children in situations that are known for becoming dangerous to children? Yeah I think I am generally ok with that.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

When it comes to protecting children in situations that are known for becoming dangerous to children? Yeah I think I am generally ok with that.
    I so wish this were in P&R right now

Remember that statement

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Let me also say ideally there would be a preventative step to de-escalate in place before arresting somebody.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I don't feel differently. She would be controlling where he could and couldn't go. She would be eligible for the same shit he was. If we feel different it's because we need to come to grips with how DV issues impact everyone. I'll stand on that, too.

15. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Interesting.
    If the police suspect there's a DV issue they do arrest; and that change in policy has prevented a lot of damage and pain, even if only for one night. Look, you can be skeptical all you want, and I'm just a dumbass who has failed the bar twice, but that's literally what I have learned not just through some hands-on experience in clinics and the like in law school (I helped folks get orders of protection/s) but it's borne out in other training and stats as well. The officers showed up and saw a guy who took a booster seat, food, and medical information/a wallet and was controlling where someone he was romantically involved in could go. The law is very skeptical about instances when a person controls where someone can go. That is a literal redflag that they teach you about in those classes, clinics, and a sign of ongoing DV or is indicative of a high chance of DV. The officers did their job and the law in Colorado is imperfect, but most laws are. Jeudy didn't suffer some indignity that was unearned.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Why did I resubscribe/post in this awful thread? JFC King do better!

19. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    It’s not envy. It’s “remember where you came from”. I know Jeudy has worked hard on his craft to be where he’s at, but he went from finincial obscurity to millionaire overnight based on potential. The old, “with great power comes great responsibility” thing can’t ring any more true than it does for pro athletes or the face of any organization. Your life is public. It comes with the territory. If Jeudy can’t get his shit together he’ll end up like all those others that have been in legal entanglements or controversial things that the league doesn’t condone - out on his ass without a job. There have been too many examples of this. Nobody is too valuable to their team not to get cut for being a POS off the field. There are dozens of WRs every year coming out of college wanting to take his job. One of them will.

You think Paton or Hackett wants that kind of guy in his locker room causing a distraction to the culture they’re trying to build? Especially when he’s only the 3rd best WR on your team at the moment? Here’s the sad reality: Jeudy is an investment. The team has tons of resources to help players who are headed for trouble before they get in trouble. Do you not think that had Jeudy called the team for help, they wouldn’t have sent someone to help? Hackett or Paton probably would’ve shown up in person along with team counselors (both mental and legal) to defuse the situation and then the police don’t get called and this never hits the papers. These organizations have a ton of time and money invested in these athletes and will do almost anything to help them succeed and keep them out of trouble, but once they die is cast and the they’ve been arrested, there’s not much else they can do.

So yeah, the money does matter in this case. No professional athlete should ever get a DUI or be involved in a domestic violence incident. All they have to do is pick up the phone and the team will help. I can guarantee you they are told this the second they report to their team and it’s continually reinforced. The military does the same thing for their personnel. The second they make the bad decision on their own and don’t call for help first, there’s just not much they can do but hold you accountable for your actions.
    Your talking about Jeudy as if he beat somebody ass and has a history of this kind of shit. Dude hasn’t been in trouble and still hasn’t been in trouble. I’d never bash my son over no shit like this so I ain’t going to bash Jeudy either. The only thing ida told him is leave that simple braud alone, since she got the nerve to call the police for absolutely no reason and immediately realized she ****** up by calling the police but I guarantee her initial thought was I know if I call the police on this man this black man at that it’s going to go bad for him most likely. So she has to go, she’s violated whatever oath they have to one another, if that man ain’t hitting on you there’s no reason to do him like that.

You using something like this to bash Jeudy and weak as hell honestly.

21. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Wow….. America is over as we knew it. Just arrest people with zero history of violence or crime whose in the NFL in a lead role just because we gotta make sure these non violent people don’t do something violent. Come on bro how does that even make sense?

23. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    If the police suspect there's a DV issue they do arrest; and that change in policy has prevented a lot of damage and pain, even if only for one night. Look, you can be skeptical all you want, and I'm just a dumbass who has failed the bar twice, but that's literally what I have learned not just through some hands-on experience in clinics and the like in law school (I helped folks get orders of protection/s) but it's borne out in other training and stats as well. The officers showed up and saw a guy who took a booster seat, food, and medical information/a wallet and was controlling where someone he was romantically involved in could go. The law is very skeptical about instances when a person controls where someone can go. That is a literal redflag that they teach you about in those classes, clinics, and a sign of ongoing DV or is indicative of a high chance of DV. The officers did their job and the law in Colorado is imperfect, but most laws are. Jeudy didn't suffer some indignity that was unearned.
    The problem is your only focusing on the male as usual when she was the one who initiated the entire problem via stealing his phone, all he did was lock that shit inside his car until she gave him his phone back. The system and whoever these deputies was that showed up just had an agenda.. same ole bias agenda. The type that’ll miss on the female killer because she was crying when they encountered her because nobody wants to see a female cry right? I wonder if Jeudys should be ex baby mama pulled off the cry on tap when the deputies pulled up.

25. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information