Page 86 of 90 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1345

Thread: Los Angeles Dodgers Thread (Maximum Dodgerness)

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by San Juan Mountain Man View Post
    Another low information baseball fan.

The Dodgers are superior to scouting and developing their own players than the Giants.

Attachment 19032
    It’s not all about stealing talent from other teams, it’s also about not allowing other teams to steal from you. Let's say the D-Backs had the entire Dodgers' scouting department and was able to bring in that talent. What happens when their contracts expire and they decide they want to be paid what they're worth? The D-Backs would probably lose half those half players because there no way they could pay them all.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Let’s go, Boys in Blue!

4. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Let’s go, Boys in Blue!
    Let's go whoever is playing the Boy in Blue!

#AZHatesAllLASportsTeams
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

6. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    It’s not all about stealing talent from other teams, it’s also about not allowing other teams to steal from you. Let's say the D-Backs had the entire Dodgers' scouting department and was able to bring in that talent. What happens when their contracts expire and they decide they want to be paid what they're worth? The D-Backs would probably lose half those half players because there no way they could pay them all.
    What about the Tampa Bay Rays' $66.7 million payroll?

Why are you defending Ken Kendrick and the billionaire ownership of the Arizona Diamondbacks? How do you know they don't have the money to keep their own talent?

Are you anti-labor? You don't think the talent, the MLB players, should get paid? You want the billionaires to pocket the money?

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived San Juan Mountain Man For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

congrts king, was hard to see my Cards go down in walkoff like that after the run they had.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

What about the Tampa Bay Rays' $66.7 million payroll?

Why are you defending Ken Kendrick and the billionaire ownership of the Arizona Diamondbacks? How do you know they don't have the money to keep their own talent?

Are you anti-labor? You don't think the talent, the MLB players, should get paid? You want the billionaires to pocket the money?
    1) Tampa Bay is MLB’s Mahomes, doing things that aren’t supposed to be done.

2) I don’t have time to type a 10-page essay on how bad the D-Backs & Suns ownership has been since Colangelo sold them 15 or so years ago. The Suns are finally competitive, but we’ve give up on the D-Backs a long time ago.

3) I’m pro-parity, as in the NFL system that enables any team with competent ownership, who hires competent FO, to build a SB contender no matter how small of a market the team plays in.

12. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    congrts king, was hard to see my Cards go down in walkoff like that after the run they had.
    Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    1) Tampa Bay is MLB’s Mahomes, doing things that aren’t supposed to be done.

2) I don’t have time to type a 10-page essay on how bad the D-Backs & Suns ownership has been since Colangelo sold them 15 or so years ago. The Suns are finally competitive, but we’ve give up on the D-Backs a long time ago.

3) I’m pro-parity, as in the NFL system that enables any team with competent ownership, who hires competent FO, to build a SB contender no matter how small of a market the team plays in.
    Thanks Shane. It's always horrifying play STL in the postseason. Just a strong team and a bunch of winners. Wainwright always goes ham in the postseason.

Fan, read please, when you have a chance.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ter-parity-nfl

https://theathletic.com/800750/2019/...-parity-myths/

There are plenty of examples of teams with low money -blame their fans and not the teams that literally subsidize them, please- so that's off.

It wasn't too long ago that I had to show you that MLB has more parity as a league than the NFL does.

You have a billionaire owner. If he doesn't spend like other owners do, or if he can't negotiate a strong TV deal, that's on him. He has all kinds of resources.

Referring to the Dodgers - we rarely make big FA splashes. We rented Machado and gave up a lot for him, but those were prospects that we drafted. We are probably renting Turner and Scherz, to be honest, but in our defense we lost several starters this season. Dustin Mays was a massive loss. Kershaw has missed time all season. The Padres were trying to get Scherz, we kind of had to go ham.

We traded a fair amount for Betts, but that was our luck because Boston, ironically, got cheap.

Point being you can point to some of our big players as guys that we pony'd up for. So what? All kinds of teams are spending money. Moreover, we've seen all sorts of big budget teams go nowhere near the WS. How are the Yankees doing recently? Chicago (Cubs) have had big rosters for years and only have one WS to show for it over 100 years.

To your point of resigning our own players, given that's what you would want to happen in your own opinion you can't complain. Moveover LA leads the majors every single year in attendance. We move all kinds of merchandise. It's a fan driven franchise. We are better fans when it comes to spending money. A lot of that is the market. But LA is in a city where, and I quote "No one is from here," so it's a national market. Just like all sorts of teams, including some in the Midwest. At some point you have to factor in that the franchise is well ran, too, becuase that attracts fans and keeps them interested. It's not just *spend money* and win.

And the complications go on even more: we find players all the time off the scrap heap and fix them. Joe Kelly comes to mind. Gradersol. We made Justin Turner into what he is right now. ETC. ETC. ETC. We draft better than just about anyone not just in the MLB, but all of sports. So we can keep some guys and trade others and still have a solid farm. Money doesn't do that. Skill and talent does.

Truth be told you're watching one of the greatest front offices in baseball history. If you want an idea of scope on that, remember that the guy who turned the Giants around, Farhan Zaida (spelling) came from....that's right, LA.

Most of the team is either drafted by us or spare parts from other organizations. In other words, if we had this front office and were in another market, we'd still be an elite team. Granted we're basically a team that's won two WS in the past few years (Houston didn't us, they cheated and needed seven games to do it) and working on a third.

14. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Good Lord.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

16. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Good Lord.
    Harumph!

18. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

19. Default

It's not just the Rays. The Athletics have been operating the same way for 20-plus years. So have the Brewers. Why do you think David Stearns is getting interest to head the baseball operations department of the Mets?

The Diamondbacks have no one to blame but themselves for being a 110-loss team.

They wanted to play with the big boys. They outbid the Dodgers and gave Zack Greinke a six-year, $206.5 million contract.

Just last year, they gave an over the hill Madison Bumgarner a five-year, $85 million deal.

The Diamondbacks management is more to blame than the system is.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived San Juan Mountain Man For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

It's not just the Rays. The Athletics have been operating the same way for 20-plus years. So have the Brewers. Why do you think David Stearns is getting interest to head the baseball operations department of the Mets?

The Diamondbacks have no one to blame but themselves for being a 110-loss team.

They wanted to play with the big boys. They outbid the Dodgers and gave Zack Greinke a six-year, $206.5 million contract.

Just last year, they gave an over the hill Madison Bumgarner a five-year, $85 million deal.

The Diamondbacks management is more to blame than the system is.
    Math is hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Jeudy

you win 109 useless games of the worlds most boring sport, and then go out there and score 1 run in the biggest game ever of this rivalry. What a sport
    They don’t make real men anymore

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I almost hate the D-Bags more than the Dodgers.

Almost…
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Is Kyle Seager a Dodger? Saw a Seager jersey in a vid. I like him a lot. This makes me less hostile towards that team.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Nope, he's just the older brother of Corey Seager, who is just some random douchebag on the Dodgers. He's probably nothing like his older brother, who is a badass.

Ok, maybe he's not a douchebag. I have a high opinion of Kyle, so this makes me hate the Dodgers less, because his lil bro is probably ok too.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information