Page 169 of 298 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 179 219 269 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 4461

Thread: Drew Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    To be clear, this is absolutely hilarious because if you look at the film, he’s one of the worst quarterbacks in the league.

Am I supposed to be looking at the film last year, or no?
    I think Shane's impression of the Lock-Shurmur relationship is reasonable.

I think we could learn something if we explored it.

Do you think that Scangarello was a bad OC?

He had some success with Lock.

I wish I could understand better why he had success with Lock and Shurmur has not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    So Herbert is the standard huh? Come in as a rookie and dominate. You do know it just doesn’t click or happen right away for many great ones right?

Also it’s obvious Jeudy is about to be elite status starting this year. You just don’t project well at player development.
    My son is kind of defiant and stubborn like this. I wish he could see how you are through my eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

3. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post

I wish I could understand better why he had success with Lock and Shurmur has not.
    Shurmur also had some success with Lock late in the year, as did Scangarello. I think Drew Lock has games where he connects on concepts and sees what defenses are doing and excels. And I think Drew Lock also has games where it doesn’t matter what his OC schemes, the defensive coordinator has bested him with scheme and Lock has struggled to read the concepts and panics. I don’t think the OC much matters at this point, either he understands the concepts and knows the reads or he doesn’t. If he can get past that, the Broncos can then begin to outscheme defenses. In today’s NFL, every offensive coordinator can outscheme every defensive coordinator, the rules and the level of talent is there. But the execution is the issue, and that falls on Lock.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post

It’s really simple lock sat almost the entire year and learned the system before he was starting, he needs to be comfortable in a system before he can unleash his god given ability. It’s not going to work for most quarterbacks when they don’t know what there own offense is trying to do and also the defense.

Shurmer offense was probably a bit more complex as well. It sucks mahomes wasn’t like Herbert and lit it up his rookie year I mean Andy Reid only thought it would be best for him to sit and totally master the offense and studying defenses before he got on the field.

Your stuck on the first play of a 52 minute video? You guys aren’t serious you just don’t study the film. I get it now.
    Look dude or dudet, whichever you are, do you think if Peyton was here we would be having these discussions? If herbert, Watson, Rodgers, Allen, tannehill, Brady, Trevor Lawrence, Dak, Matt Ryan, mahomes, Stafford, were here and competing with teddy that there would even be a competition? No! They'd smoke teddy instantly. It would be like Derek tuzska vs von Miller for starting DE.

Except, we don't have those qbs. We have lock. And he legit is in a battle with ted. If he was good like the other qbs I listed it would not be a competition. He is not. It is a competition. A legit one!

If someone is in a legit competition with Ted that is the same as being in legit competition with Tebow at qb.... IE you suck.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Look dude or dudet, whichever you are, do you think if Peyton was here we would be having these discussions? If herbert, Watson, Rodgers, Allen, tannehill, Brady, Trevor Lawrence, Dak, Matt Ryan, mahomes, Stafford, were here and competing with teddy that there would even be a competition? No! They'd smoke teddy instantly. It would be like Derek tuzska vs von Miller for starting DE.

Except, we don't have those qbs. We have lock. And he legit is in a battle with ted. If he was good like the other qbs I listed it would not be a competition. He is not. It is a competition. A legit one!

If someone is in a legit competition with Ted that is the same as being in legit competition with Tebow at qb.... IE you suck.
    Agree, salute, but Bridgewater is light years above how bad Tebow was. He was historically awful. Bridgewater is a decent QB.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

10. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Shurmur also had some success with Lock late in the year, as did Scangarello. I think Drew Lock has games where he connects on concepts and sees what defenses are doing and excels. And I think Drew Lock also has games where it doesn’t matter what his OC schemes, the defensive coordinator has bested him with scheme and Lock has struggled to read the concepts and panics. I don’t think the OC much matters at this point, either he understands the concepts and knows the reads or he doesn’t. If he can get past that, the Broncos can then begin to outscheme defenses. In today’s NFL, every offensive coordinator can outscheme every defensive coordinator, the rules and the level of talent is there. But the execution is the issue, and that falls on Lock.
    Every OC can out scheme every defense? The way you talk every team would have the same OC year after year. It’s not that easy or else they wouldn’t recycle tons of retreads in the league whose only seen a glimpse of success like a Pat shurmer.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Every OC can out scheme every defense? The way you talk every team would have the same OC year after year. It’s not that easy or else they wouldn’t recycle tons of retreads in the league whose only seen a glimpse of success like a Pat shurmer.
    Yes. They can. But not every offense can out execute the defense. I guarantee Pat Shurmer can outscheme every defense he sees. That doesn’t mean it will happen.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Of course they wanted Fields. That way they could have hope that he’s the next future thing and when he struggles they could immediately turn on him and ride him out of town on a rail. It’s the Bronco fan way. There were actually Bronco fans that applauded Reeves drafting Maddox to replace Elway because Elway was a choker bum who couldn’t get the Broncos over the hump…

That’s why we just need to trade for Watson. We’ve always sucked at drafting and developing our own QBs and our fans have zero ******* patience even though they swear they do. We need to find an all pro QB to trade for because Lock will NEVER be good enough for this fanbase unless he’s Mahomes. Broncos fans are jaded and completely unrealistic in their expectations of quarterbacking. Elway and Manning have ruined this fanbase.
    Absolutely nobody was cheering for Maddox to replace Elway. This is about the dumbest, most absurd thing I have ever seen posted, and it went unchallenged. To that I say NO SIR! Denver had just been to the AFCCG. The consensus was we needed another weapon for Elway, who had never had a Pro-Bowl WR to that point, and they passed on Carl Pickens for Maddox because Reeves had some hairbrained scheme to trade Elway to WA. Elway was in the midst of carrying that team and nobody with two working brain cells wanted him gone, certainly not for Tommy Maddox.

15. The Following User High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I love waking up and reading the hilarity that ensues in this thread after not reading it for a couple days, its starts my day off with a smile
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

17. The Following 6 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Also locks needs to be better then last year, from all accounts his work ethic early and his flaws in year 1 and 2 are being improved upon, If the results match this over the coming weeks its a win for all of Denver as teddy B is not the answer at all. Teddy B upgraded the QB room, he is a clear upgrade over what Driskell was, but if we have playoff aspirations with this defense we need Drew to produce its as simple as that. There have been enough positives and flaws mixing over the last 2 years to make a definitive answer unknown. This year hopefully is the step we need to see from him. So far things out of camp have been good. He is reading the field much better and limiting turnovers, while also creating big plays. We all need to hope that continues. In the end if it doesn't work, we are starting fresh next year across the board.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 08-02-2021 at 05:46 AM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Also locks needs to be better then last year, from all accounts his work ethic early and his flaws in year 1 and 2 are being improved upon, If the results match this over the coming weeks its a win for all of Denver as teddy B is not the answer at all. Teddy B upgraded the QB room, he is a clear upgrade over what Driskell was, but if we have playoff aspirations with this defense we need Drew to produce its as simple as that. There have been enough positives and flaws mixing over the last 2 years to make a definitive answer unknown. This year hopefully is the step we need to see from him. So far things out of camp have been good. He is reading the field much better and limiting turnovers, while also creating big plays. We all need to hope that continues. In the end if it doesn't work, we are starting fresh next year across the board.
    This reminds me of going to a game against Buffalo in 2002 when Brian Griese was our QB. Some Bills fans who I enjoyed making fun of the entire game asked me how I felt about Griese as our QB, and basically I said that we needed it to work because what else where we going to do? This feel a lot like that. Except this coaching staff is nowhere near as good, so if he flames out we just might be in position to draft a guy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

So basically Drew needs to put up or shut up this year. Yep, tell me something we dont know.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I'm just the opposite. I'm certain I'm going to sprain something from rolling my eyes so hard.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Good read here:

The Mechanics of Drew Lock: Areas to Improve Going Into 2021

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/film/...ics-to-improve

25. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information