Page 20 of 64 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aaron Rodgers Watch

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Lock would bounce. And it would be understandable for everyone involved.
    I think I just saw on espn that Rodgers turned down the long term extension with the packers that was being discussed. Can anyone confirm?

If so, that is great news for us to land him.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I think I just saw on espn that Rodgers turned down the long term extension with the packers that was being discussed. Can anyone confirm?

That's pretty old news I think. I think that was offered and turned down earlier in the offseason.

I hope you are right pal. I will look. Based on the potential of this being reality, plus every other report I see, The Broncos are almost always in the mix, and often mentioned first. That does not seal the deal, but the karma is kool!

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived CanDB For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    That's pretty old news I think. I think that was offered and turned down earlier in the offseason.
    I remember that but yesterday Rappaport, I think, stated that he and the pack were discussing a long term extension.

Then today he declined it.

Maybe it is as buff said, just recycled information due to lack of news, but it sounded like it was pertaining to the rap report from yesterday.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I hope you are right pal. I will look. Based on the potential of this being reality, plus every other report I see, The Broncos are almost always in the mix, and often mentioned first. That does not seal the deal, but the karma is kool!
    It is making me feel good.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

7. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    If that happens, we end up in the Osweiler zone again. Having a young FA QB who can go anywhere he wants at the same time our starter retires. Unless Lock shows something worthy of an extension...while sitting behind Rodgers...why would he stay/we want him to stay? I agree that dealing Bridgewater and keeping Lock would be the best scenario, but after 2 years, I just don't see Lock sticking around.
    Why would lock leave? Are you implying that lock would be in his feelings thus for making him want out? If that’s what your saying then I disagree 1000-% because lock doesn’t seem like that type. I wouldn’t compare him to Brock in any way. Brock was definitely in his feelings but it ended up working out for Denver since Brock flamed out, we totally dodged a bullet not giving him that extension.

9. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    Why would lock leave? Are you implying that lock would be in his feelings thus for making him want out? If that’s what your saying then I disagree 1000-% because lock doesn’t seem like that type. I wouldn’t compare him to Brock in any way. Brock was definitely in his feelings but it ended up working out for Denver since Brock flamed out, we totally dodged a bullet not giving him that extension.
    Lock would be gone. You are wearing Drew colored glasses. At this point, I am certain that you were either his date for senior prom or his backup Center at Mizzou. Either way, his contract would be up, he'd be sniffing for dollars and we had e already sent the message that he probably isn't the guy in Denver

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Lock would be gone. You are wearing Drew colored glasses. At this point, I am certain that you were either his date for senior prom or his backup Center at Mizzou. Either way, his contract would be up, he'd be sniffing for dollars and we had e already sent the message that he probably isn't the guy in Denver
    You really don’t know what your talking about bro, his contract would obviously be extended and rightfully so! It would be totally negligent to let Drew walk and leave us with absolutely nothing at the Quarterback position

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

You really don’t know what your talking about bro, his contract would obviously be extended and rightfully so! It would be totally negligent to let Drew walk and leave us with absolutely nothing at the Quarterback position
    2nd deals for QBs are generally for bigger money. He will not have had the chance to earn that. No GM in their right mind would pay extra for a guy who is unproven at best or failed his first year and sat for 2 more at worst.

14. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I'm glad I'm not a total homer. Not that it's a bad thing. But it is.

Lock is undeserving of any contract extension. If he was going in to his fourth year right now and had three years of the kind of performance we've seen so far, his fifth year option (if he had one) would not be exercised. He's undeserving. Now, if he is the starter this season and leads the team to the playoffs while having a solid statistical year, then fine, but that's not the case right now.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

It is making me feel good.
    Here's the latest I have from Ian Rap...

“Where the Packers and Aaron Rodgers are is basically where they have been, I would say, for the last several weeks. They’re not anywhere. They are not in a good place. They are not happy with each other. The Packers have done a lot of different things to try and make Aaron Rodgers happy to make him come back to them a little bit. They’ve made him a significant long-term contract extension offer. The two sides have been negotiating, so it’s not like they’ve just been talking to themselves here. There has been engagement from Rodgers’ side… Coming together and working it out is still on the table. We’ll have to see if they can do it in time where it kind of means something this spring.”

DON'T TALK AARON!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Aaron Rodgers isn't going anywhere.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Unless Drew Lock is as good as Jalen Ramsey, I don't think he's going anywhere. He doesn't have the cache to demand a trade and instead falls into that Josh Rosen "nowhereland" where he's not exactly a prospect but not considered a veteran. Sam Darnold may be heading into the same trap.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

19. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Aaron Rodgers isn't going anywhere.
    Denver isn't just anywhere!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

21. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Denver isn't just anywhere!
    Let me rephrase - Rodgers isn't leaving GB.

23. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information