Page 16 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aaron Rodgers Watch

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    His wife to be is a Boulder CO resident. Do not think she doesn't play any part in where he goes.
    If he was a free agent...I could see it. But he's not. So GB can trade him anywhere they want to regardless of his desires or demands. Therefore, his fiance plays ZERO part in any of this.

2. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    If he was a free agent...I could see it. But he's not. So GB can trade him anywhere they want to regardless of his desires or demands. Therefore, his fiance plays ZERO part in any of this.
    If he pulls the "you will trade me here, here, or get nothing for me as I retire," it indirectly could, maybe?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    If he pulls the "you will trade me here, here, or get nothing for me as I retire," it indirectly could, maybe?
    Potentially...but at that point you call his bluff and ask for a check for about $50 mil that he'll have to pay back in guaranteed money, roster bonus and salary.

5. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Potentially...but at that point you call his bluff and ask for a check for about $50 mil that he'll have to pay back in guaranteed money, roster bonus and salary.
    A true battle of wills. Hope he doesn't fold. GB deserves to have it stuck to them.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I've played around with the Watson scenario ever since draft day. Say the Texans deal Watson, a second and a 2023 second to GB for Rodgers. Rodgers says "I'll retire if I don't go to one of those three teams", then the Texans would probably trade him to San Francisco for Garapolo and a pair of firsts. Why Frisco? Because it will be out of Houston's conference, the same reason GB doesn't want to trade him to SF. Texans wind up with a functional QB and better draft capital while the Packers get a huge question mark plus a couple of draft picks that might be conditional on whether Watson plays for them.

I doubt this all happens but it is fun to ponder.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

The skins, us, pats, eagles, panthers, saints, raiders, lions...Who else?

These are all the teams I can think of off the top of my head that may be interested in a QB like Rodgers or Watson.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    The skins, us, pats, eagles, panthers, saints, raiders, lions...Who else?

These are all the teams I can think of off the top of my head that may be interested in a QB like Rodgers or Watson.
    If the rumors hold true and GB doesn't want to trade him within the conference...let alone the division...then you're left with Denver, NE and LV. I'm not sure I see NE making a big play after drafting Jones, so it comes full circle back to us and LV and whoever can offer the best package. Personally...I think LV can beat us out. What do we have to match a deal that could include three #1's, Henry Ruggs and Maxx Crosby??

If the rumors hold true and GB doesn't want to trade him within the conference...let alone the division...then you're left with Denver, NE and LV. I'm not sure I see NE making a big play after drafting Jones, so it comes full circle back to us and LV and whoever can offer the best package. Personally...I think LV can beat us out. What do we have to match a deal that could include three #1's, Henry Ruggs and Maxx Crosby??
    Do they have cap space?
    Id do whatever we want to unless we are 10000000% positive we can land Watson and he will play!

Otherwise a division of Mahomes, Herbert, Rodgers - that would effin blow!
    We must not let the faid get Rodgers.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

11. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Do they have cap space?
    Id do whatever we want to unless we are 10000000% positive we can land Watson and he will play!

Otherwise a division of Mahomes, Herbert, Rodgers - that would effin blow!
    We must not let the faid get Rodgers.
    That's where it gets tricky. Right now, LV only has about 5 mil in effective cap space, but I guess they could rework some stuff to make it work. On the other hand...Denver has the 2nd most effective cap space available (20m). Makes one wonder if that is by design considering the Rodgers/Watson rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    His wife to be is a Boulder CO resident. Do not think she doesn't play any part in where he goes.
    I think that's a bigger factor than many realize. Brady made his final choice based on how it would affect his family situation, and I believe that. So Rodgers, 3 time MVP, SB champ, HofF first ballot, who could play another 3-5 years, and in so doing, try to prove yet again that he's one of the best ever, has a lot of things going in his favour. He has a voice lets say. And if The Pack have any sense of value, they will let him go, and make the most of the deal. And given our weapons, solid roster, warm climate, and yes, ties to his fiance, The Broncos make so much sense!

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I think that's a bigger factor than many realize. Brady made his final choice based on how it would affect his family situation, and I believe that. So Rodgers, 3 time MVP, SB champ, HofF first ballot, who could play another 3-5 years, and in so doing, try to prove yet again that he's one of the best ever, has a lot of things going in his favour. He has a voice lets say. And if The Pack have any sense of value, they will let him go, and make the most of the deal. And given our weapons, solid roster, warm climate, and yes, ties to his fiance, The Broncos make so much sense!
    Completely disagree. If I'm the GM and Rodgers has stated he wants me fired...or if I'm senior management and Rodgers has stated his distaste with me...or if I'm the coach and Rodgers has stated his lack of faith in my decisions... why on Earth would I want to "do right by him"?

Just flip the script. Pretend Von did all this stuff and then stated he wanted to go back to Texas. The Cowboys offer you 4 draft picks...then the 49ers offer you 5 picks and a player that can help immediately. Are you really sending him to Dallas to "do right by him"? Not a chance.

Completely disagree. If I'm the GM and Rodgers has stated he wants me fired...or if I'm senior management and Rodgers has stated his distaste with me...or if I'm the coach and Rodgers has stated his lack of faith in my decisions... why on Earth would I want to "do right by him"?

Just flip the script. Pretend Von did all this stuff and then stated he wanted to go back to Texas. The Cowboys offer you 4 draft picks...then the 49ers offer you 5 picks and a player that can help immediately. Are you really sending him to Dallas to "do right by him"? Not a chance.
    I kinda meant that if The Pack have a sense of value.....in other words, know what they can get for Rodgers, they might be wise to make a trade for him. Not to appease him but to get a load of capital in return. Rather than making him sit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Is that what LV is offering? Yikes...

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Keep in mind GB did Favre dirty so i wouldnt expect GB to do right by Rodgers. Especially if they have been flying out to talk to him, etc. If they feel like he is just being an ******* they have no reason to be nice of where they trade him.

18. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

That would be fine, too. At that point, he’d be free and clear to sign with whomever he wanted, right? If he paid back all the $ and “retires”, the Packers no longer own his rights. Then he can sign with us and we give him the money right back. Sounds fine to me...

He has them over a barrel. There’s just not much they can do. They can trade him for a lot of value and work with him on going where he wants to go, they can trade him to a team he doesn’t want to go to and he’ll retire and that team won’t get anything (I can guarantee no team will trade for him, especially knowing he doesn’t want to be there, without there being clauses that protect their picks if he up and retires - like when we traded Plummer to Tampa), or they can call his bluff, he retires, and they get some of his contract money back (but I don’t think they get cap space, just cash).

To me, #1 looks like their best bet. At least they get a lot for him. I mean, how stupid do the Texans look now not trading Watson when his value was highest? Had they just gotten a trade done as soon as he said he wasn’t coming back and before the allegations hit (which would’ve been some other team’s problem), they would’ve made out like bandits. Now they’re stuck with him until his case is resolved and even if it goes favorably for him, it’s unlikely that he’ll demand the same value. There’ll also be less suitors now that many teams have drafted QBs.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information