Page 35 of 115 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Season Moves

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I find myself on Sundays watching, but going through my phone alot following other shit. That sucks! I hate it.
    For me I'm going to write off this last year as nothing was normal. I've always enjoyed the team because I go to camp so much and get to know players and have a invested interest in them and how it all fits together. This last season everything was so disjointed and nothing felt normal. Plus let's be honest I could see that football was only entertainment with so much else on my plate and it wasn't a entertaining season on top of other disappointing season, expect for that one Charger game.

Anyway I love Lindsey and only wish him the best. I hope he finds a system that fits his skills. But if the team can get some stability and traction again that's what I really want for this team. To not have a revolving door with coaches and systems, QB's. I hoping a true off season with OTA's and play calling that everyone knows now that will help this team gel.
    Getting Stoked

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    For me I'm going to write off this last year as nothing was normal. I've always enjoyed the team because I go to camp so much and get to know players and have a invested interest in them and how it all fits together. This last season everything was so disjointed and nothing felt normal. Plus let's be honest I could see that football was only entertainment with so much else on my plate and it wasn't a entertaining season on top of other disappointing season, expect for that one Charger game.

Anyway I love Lindsey and only wish him the best. I hope he finds a system that fits his skills. But if the team can get some stability and traction again that's what I really want for this team. To not have a revolving door with coaches and systems, QB's. I hoping a true off season with OTA's and play calling that everyone knows now that will help this team gel.

Your going to get your wish! The great thing about having a new GM is nobody is truly safe from Fangio to Shurmer so they better coach there ass off especially Shurmer!

First thing is to keep everyone healthy though because we ain’t doing anything if we’re crushed by injuries week after week to key guys.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    It's a shame he never worked out here. I liked the pick at the time taking a gamble on the talent but he just couldn't stay healthy.

Yeah it’s a shame Jake butt is today’s Jeb Putzier......... just never healthy but the talent was there.

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    The best ability is availability.
    Negative. I just left a job with guys who was always there but there chaos creators and con artist and very hostile, but there always there. And since the owner knows he can’t get nobody else to do the job for what he’s paying these nut jobs he just wanted us supervisors to deal with there bullshit day in day out because there always available. Never again!

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Just saw this, is this something that could be good for us?

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet
    The #Bears are releasing veteran CB Kyle Fuller, sources say, a cap casualty. In a tough 2021 offseason, this is Chicago’s only cut due to cap space. A former All-Pro corner now hits the market.
    5:14 PM · Mar 18, 2021·TweetDeck
    Getting Stoked

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    Negative. I just left a job with guys who was always there but there chaos creators and con artist and very hostile, but there always there. And since the owner knows he can’t get nobody else to do the job for what he’s paying these nut jobs he just wanted us supervisors to deal with there bullshit day in day out because there always available. Never again!
    IMO both of these are not good. Not being able to play or being a poison for your team/company doesn't help the end game of team functioning and reaching goals.
    Getting Stoked

9. The Following User High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

We need to be all in on bringing in Kyle Fuller. Fuller, Darby, Callahan, and OJ would be a very strong CB depth chart. Gotta have players to matchup vs the rest of the wild West. It would also totally free up #9 for Parsons, the best Edge Rusher, the best Safety, the best OT on the board, a QB if he falls, or even a trade back if our guy isn’t there. Fuller could be the splash player that makes this FA period, especially with bringing Von back. This defense could be serious next season.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

*They’re x 10
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    I think you're severely underrating PL. Guy was an undrafted rookie, outperformed his deal by an stretch of the imagination, and came in and make a lot of big plays. It's one thing to say "Okay, he's not the guy," "He's not a scheme fit," "I'd rather see Royce get more carries" vs. "he sucks doesn't belong on a roster." Boone won't be in the NFL in 2 years and might not even make the final roster this year. Guys like Boone get cut at the end of every training camp for rookies. Boone is not as good as, and will never be as good as Philip Lindsay in any aspect of the RB position. Boone is a special teams gunner, and if he has to play any significant reps on offense, then this team is in trouble. There is absolutely no comparison between the two... Lindsay has actual accomplishments as an NFL running back and can make plays. Boone hasn't shown that.

The more closely I look at Boone as a back, the more laughable I find any assertion that Boone is somehow an upgrade. Is there any game situation where you would rather have Boone on the field as RB instead of Lindsay? Hell, even when Dalvin Cook went out, the Vikings preferred to activate Abdullah and give him additional carries behind Mattison instead. Boone is not an upgrade by any stretch of the imagination. This does, however, give the Broncos more roster flexibility on gameday. Usually, the special teams gunner has been a safety or a LB.

When people get past their emotions, this was the Broncos doing Lindsay a solid and letting him save-face by not playing a year on a $2 million tender where he would be on the bench. Lindsay was effectively going to be the number 3 RB, and probably having his snaps cut significantly because of his shortcomings in the areas yourself and others have mentioned. Shurmur started to trust Freeman more to spell Gordon, and Freeman had some moments where he looked like a guy that deserved more playing time.
    I have literally never underrated Lindsay, he’s a nice player at a position where 99% are just as nice.

I don’t think he has shortcomings that other people do, I know he can catch, I know he can run between the T’s, I know he fits Shurmur system just fine, I know he’s better than Freeman.

As for Boone, I’d rather have him in any situation than Lindsay, he’s bigger, stronger, more versatile and far less drama.

Btw, Boone is the Vikings version of Lindsay, huge fan favorite ... let’s just be glad Denver gives UDFA’s a real chance.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 03-18-2021 at 10:01 PM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

https://youtu.be/WjszhERg_tg

Darby and Boone and Paton Intro.

Yo m really feeling good about these two guy’s. And I’m feeling good about Paton. He said sure we want to bring in competition at QB bit fortunately for us we have a quarterback and a plan in place. Obviously that plan is to roll with Lock this year and see what type of leap he makes.

I’m just glad he said we’re not going to force anything.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    The best ability is availability.
    Hopefully people realize that applies to Lindsay as well....He isn't going to all the sudden get paid as a injury prone smaller sized RB.....that would have happened already when we made it so no draft compensation was required with his tender. The rest of the NFL is talking shit. We got 2 very good years from Lindsay, who currently has put on actual tape (not highlight reels of his couple long runs) one dimensional play even in the run game as of late, who cant play special teams if he is the backup RB, who struggled in pass protection this year and who dropped like 5 of of his 14 targets in his most recent season. Its telling we went after a guy like Boone who plays special teams, in line with what Paton wants for offensive players that are backups to play special teams.

Lindsay will probably get a 1 year prove it deal somewhere, its just the climate of FA right now. We will see then if it was just a bad 2020 and our offense for him or if its a a UDFA who has great work ethic and leadership but who's size and body are breaking down, and who has been figured out by NFL defenses.....He wont be the first very good NFL RB to fall of the radar after a couple years. There have been many of those in the NFL even in Denver
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 03-19-2021 at 03:58 AM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

17. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

https://youtu.be/WjszhERg_tg

Darby and Boone and Paton Intro.

Yo m really feeling good about these two guy’s. And I’m feeling good about Paton. He said sure we want to bring in competition at QB bit fortunately for us we have a quarterback and a plan in place. Obviously that plan is to roll with Lock this year and see what type of leap he makes.

I’m just glad he said we’re not going to force anything.
    Boone is the special teams back up running back meathead morons love. **** that. I want players. This is a mistake. Not rolling with your best players is organizational incompetence. This is bad. I’m sorry, but the last 48 hours has really pissed me off. We already have one of the worst QBs in the league and now they decided one of our best offensive weapons is completely expendable, and they certainly didn’t do shit to even remotely try to utilize him during the season anyway. This team is rudderless, from ownership on down.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

19. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Reminds me of the Theo Riddick nonsense.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Nothing like replacing a guy who got you 3,000 yards and 18 TDs with a guy that produced 400 yards and 4 TDs. Derp.

Also reminds me of the complete hole left by Julius Thomas at tight end. Not even a first round draft pick has filled that hole.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Nothing like replacing a guy who got you 3,000 yards and 18 TDs with a guy that produced 400 yards and 4 TDs. Derp.

Also reminds me of the complete hole left by Julius Thomas at tight end. Not even a first round draft pick has filled that hole.
    I don't think Lindsay last year or even part of year 2 is the same runner from year 1. I wont pretend to know every factor that went into this decision. I do know however Paton wants backup RB's and offensive players to play special teams though, which Lindsay does not. I am also pretty confident that Lindsay made whatever issues he and Shurmur had worse. So that's never a good. I also know he missed some blatant pass blocks and had some key drops in key moment's that stand out from last year as well as some very bad runs. I didn't see the same vision last year he had in year 1 or the start of year 2....A case can also be made this is absolutely about money, and we weren't ever going to give him a long term contract because doing that for RB's just doesn't make sense for teams right now. We gave him a 1.3 mil pay raise and after productive conversations probably about usage and fit and special teams they amicably parted ways.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information