Page 10 of 115 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Season Moves

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    from a talent standpoint i would agree, but i think buff's right as well. . . darnold may be the likeliest of the reclamation projects to succeed, but it's probably going to take a shanahan or mcvey to get it out of him-- i can't see shurmur doing any better with sam than he has with drew. . .
    Sam Darnold = Ryan Tennehill.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    I’ll also say this: If we were to somehow get Watson, Shurmur’s days are numbered as the OC. He just hasn’t shown he can adapt his scheme to a QB’s strength IMO.
    I don't think it matters who the QB is at this point - Sherm's days are numbered regardless.

3. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    I don’t like Mark but he’s half way right! The broncos do have some gaping holes in some critical area’s and we are not one quarterback away from being contenders we are a quarterback, linebacker, two corners, and some depth away from being true contenders which you surely won’t get if you trade it away for Watson. You might win a extra game and have 6 wins but we’re not there yet.

I don’t think we’re as bad as he makes us out to be but we did get smoked vs the great teams this year so whatever.
    I'll say this:

Having an elite DB and elite defense does not make up for having an offense with an inept offense and an average to below average QB that cannot score.

An elite QB with an offense that can score makes up for not having an elite defense most of the time.

An offense that can ring up the score almost always gets you a ticket to the show. It might not win you the big game, as we saw against Seattle, but it'll get you there. An elite defense on the same team as an inept offense gets you a spot in the stands watching.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I've never particularly understood the love for him as a commentator. I feel like he's just been a hot take guy for about as long as he's been in the media. And yeah, making any point about this team based on that saints game is just completely ridiculous.
    Sometimes I think Stink feels like he has to be this way so that he doesn't come across as a Broncos homer.

6. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    If we are putting our chips in on a franchise guy Wentz isnt it.
    I think Wentz is going to prove a lot of people wrong man. I still think he's a stud, but was in a shit situation. Indy will make the playoffs next season and Wentz will make the Pro Bowl for the AFC.

8. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    I think Wentz is going to prove a lot of people wrong man. I still think he's a stud, but was in a shit situation. Indy will make the playoffs next season and Wentz will make the Pro Bowl for the AFC.
    Disagree but time will tell.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

That may be, but I don't think he'd do that in Denver. He's familiar with Reich and had his best season with him. So it would make sense if he flourished again back with him. I don't think Denver has the right offensive coaching to have gotten him back on the right track. And I think he and Fangio would have clashed based on the reports out of Philly about how he took tough coaching.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Disagree but time will tell.
    It's not exactly an agreeable take and I think I'm in the minority here, but Wentz went to the most ideal situation possible for him at this point in his career. He went to his old OC on a playoff team. What more could he ask for? All he has to do is not **** it up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

That may be, but I don't think he'd do that in Denver. He's familiar with Reich and had his best season with him. So it would make sense if he flourished again back with him. I don't think Denver has the right offensive coaching to have gotten him back on the right track. And I think he and Fangio would have clashed based on the reports out of Philly about how he took tough coaching.
    Agree 100%.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Sometimes I think Stink feels like he has to be this way so that he doesn't come across as a Broncos homer.
    I love Stink. I think he's a great dude in real life, was a great Bronco, and has sound football takes (and a smokin hot daughter).

I do think that because he is a former Bronco and lives here - he is overly harsh and overly critical of the Broncos... And at the same time, he played for some really good teams - and he knows bad football when he sees it.

I think he knows from his time at ESPN that hot takes sell - and he's mastered the art of the hot take - but I don't think he's like a Skip Bayless type that will just argue anything for the sake of debate... I think Schlereth mostly believes what he is saying.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

It's not exactly an agreeable take and I think I'm in the minority here, but Wentz went to the most ideal situation possible for him at this point in his career. He went to his old OC on a playoff team. What more could he ask for? All he has to do is not **** it up.
    I'm already pre-annoyed at all the "We could have had Wentz for nothing, WTF was Paton doing?" takes we're going to get if he has a good year in Indy. I think we'd have just been a poor fit for him.

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I love Stink. I think he's a great dude in real life, was a great Bronco, and has sound football takes (and a smokin hot daughter).

I do think that because he is a former Bronco and lives here - he is overly harsh and overly critical of the Broncos... And at the same time, he played for some really good teams - and he knows bad football when he sees it.

I think he knows from his time at ESPN that hot takes sell - and he's mastered the art of the hot take - but I don't think he's like a Skip Bayless type that will just argue anything for the sake of debate... I think Schlereth mostly believes what he is saying.
    High Fived for the daughter comment.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I'm already pre-annoyed at all the "We could have had Wentz for nothing, WTF was Paton doing?" takes we're going to get if he has a good year in Indy. I think we'd have just been a poor fit for him.
    Yep, basically. I don't think Wentz is going to go to Indy and light the world on fire, but I think with Indy getting him so cheap and being there with Reich, we'll probably see Indy put some more pieces around him to make him more successful. I could see him throwing for 4k, 30 TDs, and 15 INTs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Nothing to see here - this was expected.

20. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Nothing to see here - this was expected.

Must not have any compromising photos of Paton like he seemed to have of Elway...

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information