Page 1110 of 1170 FirstFirst ... 110 610 1010 1060 1100 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1120 1160 ... LastLast
Results 16,636 to 16,650 of 17550

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Soul - 9/10

It's a Wonderful Life - 8/10

These movies helped give me an emotional and spiritual recharge that I needed to end the year.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    She won an Oscar? Hell yeah. That restores my faith in that thing.
    When I first watched that, I remember telling a buddy, "it's a shame that the Academy will never recognize a role like that." I was absolutely floored when she didn't just get nominated, but won.

Great movie.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    When I first watched that, I remember telling a buddy, "it's a shame that the Academy will never recognize a role like that." I was absolutely floored when she didn't just get nominated, but won.

Great movie.
    Definitely an all time favorite of mine.

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I need an HBO or Prime movie rec. Preferably horror (spooky/eerie/unsettling king) but anything goes. Was thinking I might do a Starman re-watch. I remember really liking that when it came out, but haven't seen it since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

8. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I need an HBO or Prime movie rec. Preferably horror (spooky/eerie/unsettling king) but anything goes. Was thinking I might do a Starman re-watch. I remember really liking that when it came out, but haven't seen it since.
    Possessor

10. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Starman was great, but not horror/spookie/unsettling. Great movie though. Jeff Bridges was awesome as an alien.

12. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

If you haven't seen it yet, Nightcrawler is on Prime (I think) and I remember that being a good thriller.

If thats not a Prime movie, Zodiac was pretty well done also and that one is on Prime. Jake Gyllenahal is in that too along with Iron Man and Hulk. Also, have you watched The Boys yet? I think you have.

As far as HBO, not a movie but a show I often thinks get overlooked is Boardwalk Empire. Deals with some really dark stories wrapped around the theme of 1920's Atlantic City and the criminal underworld at that time and is based loosely on real events. Some really messed up plotlines in there, and Al Capone and other famous gangsters that make appearances really ramp up some of the drama and violence! Succession is also another fantastic show about a bunch of horrible people.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 01-11-2021 at 01:29 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Those are great recs. I've seen all but BE, which I'll check. I've seen Zodiac 2x, love Jake G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Tenet

8/10

Loved it. I got nervous as I was watching it because it's slightly similar to a comic book that I was drafting about time travelers. This movie has a similar premise, a totally different plot but it's just as confusing as my idea lol, which is why I keep throwing pages away. But anyway, Tenet is a great mind bending film. The ending was not as "big" as I hoped, but it didn't need to be. Also, I had no idea the lead actor was Denzel Washington's son. I thought he was a British actor.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    Tenet

8/10

Loved it. I got nervous as I was watching it because it's slightly similar to a comic book that I was drafting about time travelers. This movie has a similar premise, a totally different plot but it's just as confusing as my idea lol, which is why I keep throwing pages away. But anyway, Tenet is a great mind bending film. The ending was not as "big" as I hoped, but it didn't need to be. Also, I had no idea the lead actor was Denzel Washington's son. I thought he was a British actor.
    Tenet was great. I want to get a Blue-Ray copy of it.

I saw it in the theater opening weekend. But the audio was not ideal. I was afraid it was just a sign of my impending old age, but apparently most everyone had trouble understanding/hearing a lot of the dialogue. They supposedly fixed that in the re-release and on the DVD/Blu-Ray release. Very fun and intriguing movie.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Tenet was great. I want to get a Blue-Ray copy of it.

I saw it in the theater opening weekend. But the audio was not ideal. I was afraid it was just a sign of my impending old age, but apparently most everyone had trouble understanding/hearing a lot of the dialogue. They supposedly fixed that in the re-release and on the DVD/Blu-Ray release. Very fun and intriguing movie.
    LOL oh man that's a relief. I too thought I was getting too old for this "dialogue" shit. Good to know it's not my ears.

21. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    LOL oh man that's a relief. I too thought I was getting too old for this "dialogue" shit. Good to know it's not my ears.
    Nolan is notorious for bad sound mixing. We saw a IMAX sneak peak of The Dark Knight Rises several months before the official release and the Bane dialogue was unintelligible. There was so much bad feedback about it he ended up redoing the voice modulation effect. I even found a video because I thought I might be remembering it wrong but nope!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    If you haven't seen it yet, Nightcrawler is on Prime (I think) and I remember that being a good thriller.

If thats not a Prime movie, Zodiac was pretty well done also and that one is on Prime. Jake Gyllenahal is in that too along with Iron Man and Hulk. Also, have you watched The Boys yet? I think you have.

As far as HBO, not a movie but a show I often thinks get overlooked is Boardwalk Empire. Deals with some really dark stories wrapped around the theme of 1920's Atlantic City and the criminal underworld at that time and is based loosely on real events. Some really messed up plotlines in there, and Al Capone and other famous gangsters that make appearances really ramp up some of the drama and violence! Succession is also another fantastic show about a bunch of horrible people.
    I have not ventured into Nightcrawler because I thought I heard it was a depressing slog. Should I give it another chance?

Zodiac is great but just too long. Needs to be an hour shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I have not ventured into Nightcrawler because I thought I heard it was a depressing slog. Should I give it another chance?

Waiting to see the replies. Same here about having not watched it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post

I enjoyed Nightcrawler. It was several years ago when I saw it, so can't give a detailed review, but my memory is it was a good movie.

26. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information