View Poll Results: Si or no?

Voters
37. This poll is closed
  • No idea. Current data is insufficient to make any reliable prediction.

1 2.70%
  • Definitely. They'll get it figured out.

2 5.41%
  • Yes. At least I think so. It may require some significant improvisations, but it will happen

13 35.14%
  • It's up in the air right now. 50 / 50 odds.

7 18.92%
  • Doubtful. Things can still turn around, but I think the odds are against it at this point.

11 29.73%
  • No way. Just too many obstacles, they should shut it down now and focus on getting 2021 right.

3 8.11%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Will there be a 2020 NFL season?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    This is really bad. I just read that they are in Philadelphia. Plus Under MLB’s 2020 operations manual, players or coaches who test positive on the road are required to remain in that city and quarantine for 14 days, and must test negative twice at least 24 hours apart to return to the roster.

Then you have that the visiting locker room has to have a deep cleaning, maybe deeper than normal.

If NFL players see how messed up this gets after a week of baseball then maybe they will understand how quickly things will go wrong if every step is not followed to the letter. I'm just not sure 20 somethings will really understand.
    These baseball teams have a 60-player pool for each team. The idea is at that 12 new players from the Florida Marlins training site (these are mostly minor leaguers, although there are a few journeymen sprinkled in depending on the teams) who have been separated from the other players since the beginning of July will now join the team until the other players can return. I don’t know what football plans for that part of it.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Can you guys explain what is meant by the bubble I keep reading about?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    If you mean the NBA bubble, there is this

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/sp...ld/5387760002/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

4. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The NBA players, coaching personnel, a small portion of team staff and NBA staff are essentially quarantined in three Disney hotels on the Disney World campus. They are tested daily, or were at the beginning. I think it may be less frequently since they haven’t had any positive tests in eight days, I think.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Also NHL is doing the same thing in 2 different cities. Everyone that has passed the negative tests are being kept together and away from everyone else.
    Getting Stoked

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    Also NHL is doing the same thing in 2 different cities. Everyone that has passed the negative tests are being kept together and away from everyone else.
    NBA required teams to quarantine in their own cities before coming to Orlando and quarantining again. I don’t think they’ve had a single positive test inside the Orlando “bubble.”

9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    This.....the season will happen.....I don't think its smart with fans in attendance at all, but if you social distance, spread seats out and wear mask....impact could be limited.....The problem with the states is idiots thinking they don't need to do that.....so how do you police that at the stadium, teams like Denver might have a good plan, but there are plenty of poor managed teams that wont have a clue what to do.....

The players shouldn't be to impacted if they don't interact with fans......but don't be surprised to see a stadium that had fans allowed change course at some point if cases show.....
    I don't think fans inside the stadium, or even gathering outside, is a good idea. My main concern is getting the season completed and if fans start to fall sick, like I mentioned before, it'll be very hard for the league to continue. With regular testing for players, coaches and whoever else associated with the actual game it should be safe for them.

There is an element of risk of course, but I think it is a minor one with no fans and with lots of testing.

Sport is a huge part of some level of normality and I think it'll do people a lot of good to have something to help them through these tough times.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

No fans in stands will devastate the Denver Broncos, I wish they had actual leadership and not an empty suit.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Brandon McManus said that Brittany Bowlen wrote up a Covid protocal and that hers was one of the best he saw.
    Getting Stoked

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I'm glad she's involved somewhat.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

so, the NBA bubble has worked up to this point, and they resumed play yesterday. . .

sounds like baseball's not doing so hot, though. . .

Two St. Louis Cardinals have tested positive for the coronavirus, resulting in Major League Baseball postponing Friday afternoon's game at the Milwaukee Brewers, it was announced.

MLB's quick decision to postpone Friday's game, which was scheduled for 2:10 p.m. ET, comes after the outbreak within the Miami Marlins, who have had 20 positive tests -- 18 by players over the past eight days after another on Friday, sources told ESPN.

This brings the number of teams being held out of action on Friday to six. The Brewers and Cardinals will join the Marlins, Philadelphia Phillies, Washington Nationals and Toronto Blue Jays as teams affected by the fallout from positive tests.

The Cardinals' positives represent the first positive tests the sport has seen outside of the East Coast since the regular season started last week.
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ue-coronavirus
    Last edited by dogfish; 07-31-2020 at 12:15 PM.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    No fans in stands will devastate the Denver Broncos, I wish they had actual leadership and not an empty suit.
    Speaking of empty suits, I think that tired rant belongs in >>> thread.

17. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

I haven't been following things, are camps fully going? I see a headline here and there about a player opting out, but not much other than that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I haven't been following things, are camps fully going? I see a headline here and there about a player opting out, but not much other than that.
    Too early still to tell. Rookie camps are just starting. A few teams have had to send players home, and I think one team suspended camp for a few days, but overall I think it's still going forward for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Too early still to tell. Rookie camps are just starting. A few teams have had to send players home, and I think one team suspended camp for a few days, but overall I think it's still going forward for the most part.
    Ok, so the 28th wasn't full blown training camp like we've seen in the past? I saw something about vets showing up a couple days ago.

Are they using this time to squeeze in what would have been normal offseason, like running a rookie camp before the traditional full squad training camp?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information