Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2020

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default MLB postpones all Marlins games through Sunday

Major League Baseball has postponed all of the Miami Marlins' games through Sunday after the team's recent coronavirus outbreak.

MLB announced that Miami's next six games, starting with Tuesday night's home game against the Baltimore Orioles, have been postponed, citing the belief that "it is most prudent to allow the Marlins time to focus on providing care for their players and planning their Baseball Operations for a resumption early next week."

The postponements were announced Tuesday among a series of scheduling changes involving four other teams.

The Orioles, who were scheduled to host the Marlins in a two-game series starting Wednesday, instead will host the New York Yankees for games Wednesday and Thursday.

The Yankees were scheduled to play the Phillies in Philadelphia on Tuesday night, but that game officially was postponed "out of an abundance of caution," according to MLB. The Phillies also were scheduled to play games Wednesday and Thursday in New York against the Yankees, who now will be traveling to Baltimore instead.
    rest - https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...s-games-sunday

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I think MLB just got a wake-up call.....This is a good idea though....flex the schedule around postpone the marlins games and hopefully the rest of baseball knows not to f around now....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:

Default Dodgers' Joe Kelly suspended 8 games by MLB for incident with Astros

Los Angeles Dodgers reliever Joe Kelly received an eight-game suspension from Major League Baseball on Wednesday for his role in a benches-clearing confrontation at Minute Maid Park in Houston on Tuesday night.

Dodgers manager Dave Roberts was issued a one-game suspension and Houston Astros manager Dusty Baker was fined, MLB announced.

Under the 60-game format, an eight-game suspension would account for more than 13% of the schedule.

Kelly, who threw a fastball behind Alex Bregman's head and later taunted Carlos Correa on the way back to the dugout, will appeal his suspension. MLB, in reaching its conclusion, cited that Kelly had previously been suspended for "intentional throwing" at a hitter. Kelly was suspended for six games in April 2018 after hitting Tyler Austin of the Yankees.
    rest - https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ncident-astros

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Remember. Joe Kelly just got a harsher punishment than the Astros players got for cheating their way to back-to-back World Series appearances.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Remember. Joe Kelly just got a harsher punishment than the Astros players got for cheating their way to back-to-back World Series appearances.
    Well he did throw a projectile at 2 different players' heads.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Well he did throw a projectile at 2 different players' heads.
    The Astros built their bed. The one person who was genuinely remorseful about it, AJ Hinch, is the one person who got punished. And it’s complete bullshit. I just have little sympathy if the Astros have to take a few in the ribs.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Also lost of respect for Dusty Baker today. Kelly got spiked by Brantley at first and you can clearly hear Baker yell “Go back to the mound you little ******.”

And then he whines that Kelly told Correa, “Nice swing, bitch” in the next at bat. Please. That’s weak.

9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The Astros built their bed. The one person who was genuinely remorseful about it, AJ Hinch, is the one person who got punished. And it’s complete bullshit. I just have little sympathy if the Astros have to take a few in the ribs.
    He didnt throw at their ribs, he threw at their heads.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    He didnt throw at their ribs, he threw at their heads.
    And didn’t hit them. The only person who was at all physically harmed last night was Joe Kelly when he got spiked by Brantley. This may be unlike me and pretty meathead, but I do not care.

Adopted Bronco:

Default MLB mulling seven-inning doubleheaders, source says

NEW YORK -- Ernie Banks famously said: "Let's play two.''

Baseball players just might not want to play nine innings twice in one day during this pandemic-delayed season.

While the Cleveland Indians swept the Chicago White Sox in the first doubleheader of the season on Tuesday, union head Tony Clark called deputy commissioner Dan Halem and said players might want to consider shortened twin bills this year.

The players' association is surveying members and might propose either two seven-inning games for a doubleheader, or nine innings for the opener and seven for the nightcap.
    rest - https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...rs-source-says

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

He shouldn't have thrown at them. Eight games is too massive for such a short season and the MLB looks really stupid for an eight game suspension. But, he shouldn't have thrown at them. Granted he pretty much took their manhood and is now a MLB legend....but he shouldn't have thrown at them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    He shouldn't have thrown at them. Eight games is too massive for such a short season and the MLB looks really stupid for an eight game suspension. But, he shouldn't have thrown at them. Granted he pretty much took their manhood and is now a MLB legend....but he shouldn't have thrown at them.
    **** that. Throw at the Astros. Come at me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The players should be ostracized from the sport and banned from the Hall of Fame.

What they did is every bit as bad as steroid users, and it’s worse than Pete Rose. **** ‘em.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

**** that. Throw at the Astros. Come at me.
    It can't be truly finished until hands are thrown. What the Astros did makes them liars and cheaters. They are not men of honor. They are not men of decency. They are cowards and traitors. But, to throw at them is a bit barbaric.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

I thought Pete Rose gambled on baseball, introduced cocaine to baseball, and helped promulgate steroids and narcotics into the league (I singled out cocaine earlier because it was apparent his specialty) as well as a cavalier attitude towards the rights of others around him?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information