Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Offseason Notes

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

'Everyone feels excited about the direction that it's going': How John Elway is preparing to build on the 2019 season

Dec 30, 2019
    After the Broncos finished the 2019 season with a 7-9 record, President of Football Operations/General Manager John Elway looks back on how the team battled through adversity and shares his mentality on how he and his staff will approach free agency and the draft.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...n-elway-is-pre

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Mike Klis
    ‏Verified account @MikeKlis
    13s14 seconds ago

Broncos were awarded Joel Heath, a rotational 4th-year DL from Houston (1st by @FieldYates). He won't join roster til after Super Bowl. He's an RFA so it will be interesting to see if Broncos tender. #9sports
    **** yeah!

Wait ... who?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    **** yeah!

Wait ... who?
    Nose Tackle.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Also, you may be right, I may have to travel to NYC for that game as well.
    If this happens, let me know. I might even have to go to NYC myself, even though I loathe the place. Why? Youse guys are worth it, that's why
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Was actually considering going to the NYj game...
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Nose Tackle.
    I bet he’s a team captain.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

9. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I know how everyone hates the idea of tanking, but I kind of wish the Raiders would have converted the 2 point conversion on the last play...

In winning the game, not only did it move us back ~5 spots in the draft - now Oakland picks at #12 and the Broncos pick at #15. We also finished 2nd place in the AFC West and will now play the Steelers and Titans instead of the Browns and Colts next year.

https://www.raidersbeat.com/raiders-...cos-on-sunday/

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I know how everyone hates the idea of tanking, but I kind of wish the Raiders would have converted the 2 point conversion on the last play...

In winning the game, not only did it move us back ~5 spots in the draft - now Oakland picks at #12 and the Broncos pick at #15. We also finished 2nd place in the AFC West and will now play the Steelers and Titans instead of the Browns and Colts next year.

When you put it that way...

Adopted Bronco:

Had this conversation with my son during that last drive. As much as I hate losing to the Raiders, the overall reward might have been worth it

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Oakland is not participating in the draft. The Oakland Raiders don't exist anymore. The last time they won a division was what? 2002? What a pathetic 18 year stretch.

The Loss Vegas Raiders will be drafting, and whatever. I'd drop 20 draft spots for the Broncos to put them in their rightful place of the cellar. FTR.

16. The Following 5 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post

Oakland is not participating in the draft. The Oakland Raiders don't exist anymore. The last time they won a division was what? 2002? What a pathetic 18 year stretch.

The Loss Vegas Raiders will be drafting, and whatever. I'd drop 20 draft spots for the Broncos to put them in their rightful place of the cellar. FTR.
    Can you imagine all the distractions players have in Vegas? My goodness, the scandals that Will come out of there.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

18. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Meh. Browns and Colts might be a harder out than the Steelers and Titans next year.

We ended the Oakland Raiders era the way they should've ended, with a loss.

20. The Following 10 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Meh. Browns and Colts might be a harder out than the Steelers and Titans next year.

We ended the Oakland Raiders era the way they should've ended, with a loss.
    Yeah I'm not losing any sleep over it for that reason... And to the extent positive momentum is a real thing - I like instilling confidence in our rookie QB.

But we would have already forgotten about the loss and having the draft pick and the easier schedule on paper would be nice! Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Had this conversation with my son during that last drive. As much as I hate losing to the Raiders, the overall reward might have been worth it
    I was definitely mixed. We probably would have had around the 10th pick if we lost.

Yeah I'm not losing any sleep over it for that reason... And to the extent positive momentum is a real thing - I like instilling confidence in our rookie QB.

But we would have already forgotten about the loss and having the draft pick and the easier schedule on paper would be nice! Oh well...
    Concreting (I know the phrase is cementing, but I think it's wrong) Lock as starter as much as is possible, and helping him and the rest of the young team learn how to win, is probably more important than the few spots lost in the draft order. Especially since the experts on BF have told us that Elway bombs every draft anyway, so what does it matter if he blows the 10th or 15th pick?

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information