Page 930 of 1145 FirstFirst ... 430 830 880 920 928 929 930 931 932 940 980 1030 ... LastLast
Results 13,936 to 13,950 of 17169

Thread: what are you listening to???

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    In all the musicians I like listening to, i do like listening to Justin Timberlake’s songs. Probably be cause my wife likes him.
    Man card suspended, until you spend a month listening to North endorsed Swedish death music.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Justin Timberlake is a badass.

3. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    This is among the worst opinions I've heard.
    You and I are together on this one, Abe. Good Lord. "Weak-ass?" As compared to...what?
    Ummmm. Take your pick of various alt rock trash, starting with like The Killers.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

blasphemy

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Note to self: I should listen to more of The Killers.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    blasphemy
    I know its just unbelievable that someone doesnt like what you do.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Note to self: I should listen to more of The Killers.
    You should then listen to Pixies and you'll see what i meant. Cleaner and more polished.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    You should then listen to Pixies and you'll see what i meant. Cleaner and more polished.
    Pixies are 'cleaner' than The Killers? Explain. Because from where I sit, it's the other way around.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Pixies are 'cleaner' than The Killers? Explain. Because from where I sit, it's the other way around.
    Yeah, I’m not really sure, either. The Pixies were purposefully not clean. That was the whole movement they started. It’s not to judge their actual musicianship, though. Many times, the artists who sound unpolished are the most polished. You learn the rules to break them. But I don’t know enough about the Pixies to tell you if that’s true. I know enough about Cobain to tell you that wasn’t the case with him.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

For further explanation:

https://www.dailycal.org/2019/04/17/pixies-show-refined-matured-sound-in-oakland-performance/

Keywords about thwir music: Maturity, high energy, experimentation, consistent. All correct.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I tend to favor more rough around the edges bands, and I can say that the Pixies are a pretty solid balance. On the surface they sound pretty clean cut. Once you dig deeper you see that's not entirely true.

From wiki:

Spin magazine described the Pixies' musical style as "Surf music-meets-Stooges spikiness and oft-imitated stop/start and quiet/loud dynamics".[110] Their music has also been pictured as "an unorthodox marriage of surf music and punk rock, ... characterized by Black's bristling lyrics and hackle-raising caterwaul, Kim Deal's whispered harmonies and waspy basslines, Joey Santiago's fragile guitar, and the persistent flush of David Lovering's drums."[41] The band's music incorporates extreme dynamic shifts; Francis explained in 1991, "Those are the two basic components of rock music ... the dreamy side and the rockin' side. It's always been either sweaty or laid back and cool. We do try to be dynamic, but it's dumbo dynamics, because we don't know how to do anything else. We can play loud or quiet—that's it".[111]

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I liked The Toadies.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Haven't made a list of my favorite bands in a long time, and I'm sitting here waiting for Happy Hour at Sonic, so let's do it to see where everybody stands. Since music is subjective and all. Only bands, not solo artists who had bands (sorry Prince). Hip Hop groups count:

1. The Clash
    2. Vampire Weekend
    3. The Kinks
    4. Modest Mouse
    5. The Velvet Underground
    6. Beastie Boys
    7. The Rolling Stones
    8. The Strokes
    9. Screaming Females
    10. Big Star

This!

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Kurupt - We Can Freak It

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information