Page 716 of 766 FirstFirst ... 216 616 666 706 714 715 716 717 718 726 ... LastLast
Results 10,726 to 10,740 of 11488

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Leaving to go inherit the John Wall contract just seems insane. If it's 'going home' or the like, I guess I get it. But...the Wizards are a train wreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Leaving to go inherit the John Wall contract just seems insane. If it's 'going home' or the like, I guess I get it. But...the Wizards are a train wreck.
    Maybe they are a trainwreck because they dont have a good GM?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Denver Nuggets' Michael Malone announced as NBA 2019 Coach of the Year award finalist

The Nuggets improved their win total by eight games and unexpectedly captured the No.2 seed in the Western Conference, so it’s no surprise head coach Michael Malone is a finalist for the NBA’s 2019 Coach of the Year award.

READ MORE: Why Michael Malone deserves the Coach of the Year award

Malone, 47, has been nominated for the postseason award along with the Milwaukee Bucks’ Mike Budenholzer and the Los Angeles Clippers’ Doc Rivers.

Malone was instrumental towards getting the Nuggets to quickly move on from their Game 82 heartbreak in the 2017-18 season, using it as the catalyst for this season’s impressive results. Denver won 54 games in the 2018-19 campaign, with the win total tying the second-most victories in the franchise’s NBA history.
    rest - https://www.nba.com/nuggets/news/mal...r-coy-20190517

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Ujiri and now Connelly. Kroenke needs to figure this out. Karnisova will be great but this has been going on since Kiki. Good Gms dont seem to want to stay here

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    this is gonna piss me off. . .
    Word is He isn't going to the Wizards now....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

7. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Nuggets president of basketball operations Tim Connelly passes on Wizards, ESPN reports

There was only one job that Nuggets president of basketball operations Tim Connelly would leave for, and it came calling.

But after a weekend spent contemplating a possible future with the Washington Wizards, Connelly will remain in Denver to continue working on what he started, according to ESPN.

Connelly, a Baltimore native, met with the Wizards on Friday about their vacancy at the head of their front office. A process that was expected to be wrapped up quickly came to its conclusion on Monday morning.
    rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2019/05/2...asses-wizards/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

yussssss!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

11. The Following 6 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I’d be almost certain that John Wall contract was a driving factor. It’s awesome he’s sticking around. I was bummed when Masaij jumped ship.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’d be almost certain that John Wall contract was a driving factor. It’s awesome he’s sticking around. I was bummed when Masaij jumped ship.
    Word, big daddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:

Default Nuggets trade for second round pick Bol Bol in NBA draft

For the majority of Thursday’s draft night, the Nuggets appeared content with their roster.

That was until the 44th pick of the second round.

The Nuggets acquired University of Oregon’s Bol Bol in a trade with the Miami Heat. Denver will send Miami a future second-round pick and cash considerations. Bol, the son of 7-foot-7 Manute Bol, plummeted after he was once projected as a potential lottery pick.

“The thing I’ll remember is definitely being drafted late in the second round instead where I thought I was going to be drafted, like somewhere between the middle of the first round or toward the end,” Bol said.
    rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2019/06/2...bol-nba-draft/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

16. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I was glad to see Bol Bol picked up. He might have been pimping his own stock a bit much by thinking he was a top 3 draft choice but the fact he got invited and then almost not drafted made me feel bad for him. Either way, it sounds like he has a lot of potential and could be a great addition to the Nuggets roster.

Adopted Bronco:

Default Bol slides to Heat at No. 44, traded to Nuggets

Bol Bol's fall in Thursday night's NBA draft finally ended midway through the second round.

The 7-foot-2 center out of Oregon, at one point considered a top-five pick, instead went 44th overall to the Miami Heat, who have agreed to trade the pick to the Denver Nuggets.

Bol was one of 22 players invited to the green room for the draft at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, but he was seen leaving his seat before returning just before deputy commissioner Mark Tatum announced the pick.

"The wait is over," Bol told ESPN's Maria Taylor after the selection. "I just want to prove everyone wrong and come out and be the best player I can be."
    rest, plus video - https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...traded-nuggets

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I was glad to see Bol Bol picked up. He might have been pimping his own stock a bit much by thinking he was a top 3 draft choice but the fact he got invited and then almost not drafted made me feel bad for him. Either way, it sounds like he has a lot of potential and could be a great addition to the Nuggets roster.
    Nice value pick. He was slated as a potential top 5 pick before he got injured last year. That's the exact type of guy you want to take a flyer on in the second round. Even if there's like a 50% chance he's awful, he probably has the highest upside of anyone taken in r2.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Tall skinny kid but his game appears to translate well to the modern NBA.

Could be a steal.

22. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

hard not to like the bol pick. . . low risk, potentially high reward-- and a legit rim protector is one of the few things the nugs currently don't have on their roster. . .

they don't need much else, but i wouldn't mind seeing them go into free agency looking to add one more veteran wing or switchable forward who has a decent amount of playoff experience. . . doesn't have to be a star, but a reliable guy who can get you a bucket when you need one, and plays good defense. . . danny green's probably at the top of my list. . . tobias harris may be too expensive. . . rudy gay or harrison barnes would work, although they're more small power forwards at this point in their careers than real wings . . . marcus morris could also work, although i don't love what those guys bring to a locker room. . . trevor ariza's getting a little long in the tooth, and al-farouq aminu is very limited offensively, but they could be last resort options just to add some depth. . .
    Last edited by dogfish; 06-22-2019 at 02:23 PM.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information