Page 966 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 466 866 916 956 964 965 966 967 968 976 1016 1066 ... LastLast
Results 14,476 to 14,490 of 17551

Thread: Last movie you saw - and rate it

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Oh yeah, Mission: Impossible - Fallout

Much like my chick flick scoring, I will grade this on a curve...

For a normal movie, it's like a 5/10... For being a cheesy action movie, it's like an 8/10 -- the cinematography and production value is great. Acting, plot and plausibility is predictably ridiculous.

2. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Oh yeah, Mission: Impossible - Fallout

Much like my chick flick scoring, I will grade this on a curve...

For a normal movie, it's like a 5/10... For being a cheesy action movie, it's like an 8/10 -- the cinematography and production value is great. Acting, plot and plausibility is predictably ridiculous.
    Buff, you should check out Don't worry he won't get far on foot.

We watched this last weekend. I really enjoyed it. It stars Jaoquine (SP?) Phoenix and he's pretty amazing.

4. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Buff, you should check out Don't worry he won't get far on foot.

We watched this last weekend. I really enjoyed it. It stars Jaoquine (SP?) Phoenix and he's pretty amazing.
    You also liked "You were never really here" which I thought was one of the single worst films I've ever seen though... How does this one compare?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    You also liked "You were never really here" which I thought was one of the single worst films I've ever seen though... How does this one compare?
    Completely different movies. This one is a biopic about an alcoholic who becomes paralyzed and later goes on to become a semi famous cartoonist. It was really good.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Just back from Capt Marvel - 9/10

Just a really cool and enjoyable movie. Loved the soundtrack, loved the young fury, loved the laughs, loved the cat and i know i am in the minority here, but i thought Brie Larsen was amazing and the character Capt Marvel joins Thor and Ant-Man as my favourite Marvel characters

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Just back from Capt Marvel - 9/10

Just a really cool and enjoyable movie. Loved the soundtrack, loved the young fury, loved the laughs, loved the cat and i know i am in the minority here, but i thought Brie Larsen was amazing and the character Capt Marvel joins Thor and Ant-Man as my favourite Marvel characters
    I just thought it was very midiocre. I just wasn't feeling it. My biggest problem was that the relationships between the characters felt so rushed to me.

Some will claim I didn't like it for political reasons but there was only one feminist moment in the movie that bugged me. The scene was when her black friend looked out the window and saw one of the skrulls pretending to be her with her daughter in the yard, essentially the inference at the time was that the bad guys had her daughter. Then the head Skrulls guy says something and calls her "young lady" or something similar, and the lady gets all pissed about being called this micro-aggressive name. That scene bugged me because it was very forced and I mean really that's what you're mad about meanwhile an alien is disguised as you and essentially has your child captive?

I did like the humor in the movie. I kinda feel like there should have been 2 or three Captain Marvel movies so they could have set these relationships up more organically and let the character of Captain Marvel develope. It felt microwaved where Iron man, Capt. America and Thor feel like a nice family meal cooked with care in an oven.

I also worry a little bit that she may be too powerful. One of the cool things about the Avengers series is that they've always kinda felt vulnerable. She seems damn near invincible.

9. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I just thought it was very midiocre. I just wasn't feeling it. My biggest problem was that the relationships between the characters felt so rushed to me.

Some will claim I didn't like it for political reasons but there was only one feminist moment in the movie that bugged me. The scene was when her black friend looked out the window and saw one of the skrulls pretending to be her with her daughter in the yard, essentially the inference at the time was that the bad guys had her daughter. Then the head Skrulls guy says something and calls her "young lady" or something similar, and the lady gets all pissed about being called this micro-aggressive name. That scene bugged me because it was very forced and I mean really that's what you're mad about meanwhile an alien is disguised as you and essentially has your child captive?

I did like the humor in the movie. I kinda feel like there should have been 2 or three Captain Marvel movies so they could have set these relationships up more organically and let the character of Captain Marvel develope. It felt microwaved where Iron man, Capt. America and Thor feel like a nice family meal cooked with care in an oven.

I also worry a little bit that she may be too powerful. One of the cool things about the Avengers series is that they've always kinda felt vulnerable. She seems damn near invincible.

Some of the reviews i have read about it seem to point to that the movie focuses too much on the current political climate and less on the story itself. Dont know how much of that is true and while i heard some of that regarding Black Panther i actually felt BP did a good job of not focusing too much on the political stuff and instead had a great story and casting.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Funny, because the character interaction was what I enjoyed the most....... But that was my biggest criticism of alita, that the relationships were rushed!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Some of the reviews i have read about it seem to point to that the movie focuses too much on the current political climate and less on the story itself. Dont know how much of that is true and while i heard some of that regarding Black Panther i actually felt BP did a good job of not focusing too much on the political stuff and instead had a great story and casting.
    I didn't feel that. It was obviously feminist. But that's fine. I like that my daughter can watch a chick superhero kick some ass, though my daughter really loves Black Widow. She really wants a Black Widow stand alone movie.

It was really only that one scene that made me cringe.

13. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I didn't feel that. It was obviously feminist. But that's fine. I like that my daughter can watch a chick superhero kick some ass, though my daughter really loves Black Widow. She really wants a Black Widow stand alone movie.

It was really only that one scene that made me cringe.
    Well your daughter will be happy as there will be a stand alone BW movie. Its already in the works.

15. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Funny, because the character interaction was what I enjoyed the most....... But that was my biggest criticism of alita, that the relationships were rushed!
    Well like the scene between her and Fury in the car. They're acting like best friends from ages ago and they literally met an hour before then. It just didn't feel organic to me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Well like the scene between her and Fury in the car. They're acting like best friends from ages ago and they literally met an hour before then. It just didn't feel organic to me.
    I just viewed that as two cool mutha****as being bad ass around each other.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Didn’t we make a rule the superhero movies couldn’t be included in this thread?

19. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

In a way, aren't all movies Superhero movies?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The Dirt (Netflix)- 8/10

Been waiting for this to show up on Netflix and it was worth. Great docu-drama based off the band Motley Crue regarding the trials and crazy things the band had done throughout its hey day.

22. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information