Page 62 of 135 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Flacco is now a Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    All early indications are that Murray will be gone at 1. It is entirely possible that Haskins free-falls past 10, and I wouldn't be opposed, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Elway has a higher grade on Drew Lock.
    If Haskins is there at ten, and we don't take him, that'd be front office negligence of the highest order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Sheesh man i am tired of people making excuses for effing flacco because he has a big arm. The guy hadnt ben shit for at a mininum three years. But people act like because he "has" a big arm that all the athletic deficiencies and poor performance are somehow negated. Lets get this straight. This isnt ******* montana in kansas city. Its an average qb who has been below avg getting sold as the guy who won in 2012. That was 7 ******* years ago

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Rumors that Giants, or Patriots could be trade partners for Rosen.
    So if Rosen is a Giant and Foles is a Jag, could we really get Haskins? Miami could be waiting a year so maybe they don't jump and Washington is so far back, it'll cost a hefty price to get top 10.

6. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    If Haskins is there at ten, and we don't take him, that'd be front office negligence of the highest order.
    Haskins will be wearing this helmet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 3.18.19 PM.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	13782

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Haskins will be wearing this helmet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 3.18.19 PM.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	13782
    Only if Elway continues to be a scared GM.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    So if Rosen is a Giant and Foles is a Jag, could we really get Haskins? Miami could be waiting a year so maybe they don't jump and Washington is so far back, it'll cost a hefty price to get top 10.
    Giants would not be smart to have a chance at Haskins over Rosen.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Only if Elway continues to be a scared GM.
    Is your name Dane Bruglar?

https://predominantlyorange.com/2019...ay-trading-qb/

11. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Sheesh man i am tired of people making excuses for effing flacco because he has a big arm. The guy hadnt ben shit for at a mininum three years. But people act like because he "has" a big arm that all the athletic deficiencies and poor performance are somehow negated. Lets get this straight. This isnt ******* montana in kansas city. Its an average qb who has been below avg getting sold as the guy who won in 2012. That was 7 ******* years ago
    You said it: average. You said it: "hadnt ben shit"
    Here's who has "ben shit": Keenum, Siemian, Osweiler, Lynch
    I don't get what you're not understanding here. Flacco has a better chance than any of the other guys above to be successful here. Of the QB market, it was Foles or Flacco. Scheme-wise, Flacco is a better fit than Foles.
    It was a great move because it upgrades the Broncos QB position from dumpster-fire to average. Now the Broncos don't have to take Daniel Jones at 10 if all of the other QBs are gone. Instead, they can take the BPA. That's why this was a great move.
    Flacco can actually win football games for this team. Am I expecting a Pro Bowl QB? Nah. But I expect Flacco to be really good at handing the ball off, and better than any of the recent guys at converting on 3rd down.

Getting in a time machine for 2012 Manning wasn't an option.

You said it: average. You said it: "hadnt ben shit"
    Here's who has "ben shit": Keenum, Siemian, Osweiler, Lynch
    I don't get what you're not understanding here. Flacco has a better chance than any of the other guys above to be successful here. Of the QB market, it was Foles or Flacco. Scheme-wise, Flacco is a better fit than Foles.
    It was a great move because it upgrades the Broncos QB position from dumpster-fire to average. Now the Broncos don't have to take Daniel Jones at 10 if all of the other QBs are gone. Instead, they can take the BPA. That's why this was a great move.
    Flacco can actually win football games for this team. Am I expecting a Pro Bowl QB? Nah. But I expect Flacco to be really good at handing the ball off, and better than any of the recent guys at converting on 3rd down.

Getting in a time machine for 2012 Manning isn't an option, dude. Please stop pretending Elway had a choice of getting an All-Pro QB when knocking the move.
    It's not so much that he's better than what we had - that bar is so low that getting someone marginally better than what we had still gives us someone...bad. And since 2012 Joe Flacco has been the worst QB in the league with 75 starts - based on wins, TD to INT ratio, and QBR. Of the QB market, the answer was not going to get another stopgap bottom tier starting candidate. We already had one. And as much as I hate Foles and the hype that he has, it's hard to project Flacco being better than him.

It was a horrid move. We're paying Aaron Rodgers money to two bad QBs and threw away a fourth rounder.

Getting a time machine for a 'prime' Joe Flacco isn't an answer either, and that's the guy we'd need to get in order for this move to make much sense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

**** why is this so hard. He was....empahasis on was average. If we had signed him off the street to compete with a subpar keenum then so be it. But we didnt. As a 6-10 team we need all the draft capital we can get and we gave upba premium pick when our only competitor was one of the worst run franchises in football. Let thst sink in. With all the shitty qb play in the league the only other franchise that considered trading for him was the redskins. Tannehill and Foles were out there. Both of whom are younger, more athletic and by any objective metric have more upside.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'll say this for Flacco - I can at least envision a trajectory where he plays well again. No logical person could have really done that with CK.
    I could. He rocked the one year he was a VR junkie. Broncos dismissed that. Math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Haskins will go to Oakland at 4. Only way that doesn't happen is if Murray makes it to 4. The giants are going to have to possibly Trade for Rosen or Carr or select Lock, I hope they are dumb thoug hand select Jones. Miami will be in play for Carr or Rosen as well. I see Lock or a defensive player at 10 for us, but I think we go defense and are stuck with Flacco, and a mid rd draft pick this year. I hate Joe flacco......
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    **** why is this so hard. He was....empahasis on was average. If we had signed him off the street to compete with a subpar keenum then so be it. But we didnt. As a 6-10 team we need all the draft capital we can get and we gave upba premium pick when our only competitor was one of the worst run franchises in football. Let thst sink in. With all the shitty qb play in the league the only other franchise that considered trading for him was the redskins. Tannehill and Foles were out there. Both of whom are younger, more athletic and by any objective metric have more upside.
    Disagree on Tannehill and Foles. Flacco and Foles have the same amount of upside - Super Bowl MVP, and both have reached it. Tannehill was QB on a winning team one time, and even then, backup Matt Moore was the one who started the last 3 games. Guy is injury prone, and not even that great when on the field. To even mention Tannehill and upside in the same sentence is laughable at this point. You're really grasping at straws if you honestly think Tannehill would have been better, when he would arguably be a downgrade from Keenum.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Haskins will go to Oakland at 4. Only way that doesn't happen is if Murray makes it to 4. The giants are going to have to possibly Trade for Rosen or Carr or select Lock, I hope they are dumb thoug hand select Jones. Miami will be in play for Carr or Rosen as well. I see Lock or a defensive player at 10 for us, but I think we go defense and are stuck with Flacco, and a mid rd draft pick this year. I hate Joe flacco......
    Oakland will not take a QB. I expect them to consider trading down, given the complete lack of talent on their defense. There will be all kinds of teams lining up that have fallen in love with a defensive player (or Metcalf) in the 5-12 range that might package a future first and change to move up. Oakland needs help at DE, LB, at DT, and in the secondary. Their WR position is a joke right now too, so that's another spot they need to address early.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Oakland will not take a QB. I expect them to consider trading down, given the complete lack of talent on their defense. There will be all kinds of teams lining up that have fallen in love with a defensive player (or Metcalf) in the 5-12 range that might package a future first and change to move up. Oakland needs help at DE, LB, at DT, and in the secondary. Their WR position is a joke right now too, so that's another spot they need to address early.

That's not true, Both Mayock and Gruden say they like Carr, but he is due a big contract and if its cheaper and gives them more financial flexibility to draft a young guy who will be under contract for 4-5 years cheap while they build the team up, then they could consider that. If you don't think Oakland is in play for a QB now, then you haven't been paying attention. They also have 3 first rd picks, one of which could go for Antonio brown. There also isn't a top 15 pick at WR in this draft including Metcalf....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information