Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Detroit media likes a Von for Stafford trade

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

We just need to get creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    All this 'trade Von' nonsense....where is it stemming from? DenBronx had a thread, too.
    I had a Stafford thread but I don’t recall ever saying trade Von for Stafford. I was thinking straight up draft picks for Stafford. He would be much better than what we have now.

Aaron Rogers though? Hmmm
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

oh **** all that noise.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Which spot would be easier to replace? Rush OLB or QB? I wouldn't do it, but if you believe Stafford is that legit...it's actually kind of a no brainer when emotion is removed.

Detroit would have to trade us THEIR 1st Rounder, plus Stafford AND take Keenum off of our hands.

Stafford for Von isn’t a fair trade. And still...I wouldn’t want Von to be traded. No way Vic takes this job knowing Von gets traded.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

7. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Which spot would be easier to replace? Rush OLB or QB? I wouldn't do it, but if you believe Stafford is that legit...it's actually kind of a no brainer when emotion is removed.
    If you would have asked me 3-4 years ago about Stafford i might have felt that. But i really dont think he is the kind of guy to carry a team when it needs them to. Too hot and cold as a player.

9. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    If you would have asked me 3-4 years ago about Stafford i might have felt that. But i really dont think he is the kind of guy to carry a team when it needs them to. Too hot and cold as a player.
    And that's what it comes down to....your opinion of MS. If you think he is a franchise guy...no brainer. Draft MLB and sign Detroit's FA pass rusher to go with a Stafford trade.

I'm personally not convinced he is that guy though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

And that's what it comes down to....your opinion of MS. If you think he is a franchise guy...no brainer. Draft MLB and sign Detroit's FA pass rusher to go with a Stafford trade.

I'm personally not convinced he is that guy though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Wait. You wouldn’t take Phillip Rivers?
    No. I especially don't want to trade our franchise player for some aging QB who has never won a single thing.

Von gets held all day, it's the NFL way; sadly, so I take that into consideration in assessing his real value as a pass rusher, certainly towards the downside. But even with that, Stafford would be no more than a stop gap/ would bring a division championship at best. Bfd. I say no

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Hard pass.
    Like, if we went Von for Stafford, and got a first and some seconds...or something like that, sure.

But why would they do that?

It just feels wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Yea, i think Stafford is a good QB but not a great QB. He's more in the Romo vein which is fine but i woudlnt trade Von for him.
    Yea, unless there were some picks thrown in for us with Stafford, no thanks. That's trading generational player for a decent player. It reeks desperation with most likely low payoff for us.

18. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    You'd be swapping strength for strength. I guess maybe Chubb could take over but then you're not in possession of another pass rusher. Both Ray and Barrett are gone, most likely.

It wouldn't do much other than MAYBE make Denver a WC contender.

If we are trading Von, we better be getting first round picks out of it. Trading Von = rebuild.
    Drafting a QB = Rebuild. Trading one high priced veteran earning $18m for a franchise QB is Reboot.

Since Stafford is 31, getting him would mean "we are all in on winning a SB right now. We're not going to rebuild for the future by drafting a QB and maybe he'll be great in 3 years, i.e. 2021. I'll be gone then. I want to win right NOW."

If Fangio thinks they can compete in the division with Matt Stafford, then they will absolutely do it in a flash. But, unless the Lions/Stafford relationship is a lot worse than anything I've heard, then they would never trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Drafting a QB = Rebuild. Trading one high priced veteran earning $18m for a franchise QB is Reboot.

Since Stafford is 31, getting him would mean "we are all in on winning a SB right now. We're not going to rebuild for the future by drafting a QB and maybe he'll be great in 3 years, i.e. 2021. I'll be gone then. I want to win right NOW."

If Fangio thinks they can compete in the division with Matt Stafford, then they will absolutely do it in a flash. But, unless the Lions/Stafford relationship is a lot worse than anything I've heard, then they would never trade him.
    Drafting a QB is not always a rebuild. The Steelers with Ben, Flacco with the Ravens, the Texans with Watson. Neither of those teams were trying to blow up their roster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information