Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Brett Rypien (or)

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    I wish i had some kind of voice in Dove valley. The real shit job by Elway was drafting osweiler over Wilson and Cousins.
    He wasn't the GM when Cousins was drafted and Wilson wasn't third round so every team passed on for first two rounds.

Correction: Yeah he did pass on Cousins as did every other team for the first three rounds.
    Cousins may not be Aaron Rodgers but hes a world beater compared to Keenum.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

2. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

I hope that CK pops an ACL in the last week so we have to go out and get someone.

**** being nice. He's a shitty QB. A soft whiny human being. I ******* hate him. I never want to see his stupid ******* Drive-Thru worker looking face behind a Denver facemask again.

Feel my ******* hatred. ******* feel it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I hope that CK pops an ACL in the last week so we have to go out and get someone.

**** being nice. He's a shitty QB. A soft whiny human being. I ******* hate him. I never want to see his stupid ******* Drive-Thru worker looking face behind a Denver facemask again.

Feel my ******* hatred. ******* feel it.
    King loves Case Keenum.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Maybe we can pull a Seattle and rebuild a chunk of the roster and still compete next year.

To JS' point, I get frustrated with JFE because he's a QB, he should know what one is.
    I've thought of this too, but it kind of makes sense that a QB would know what to look for in a defensive player (which he's done pretty well with), since that's what he faced every weekend since he was a kid. I think he gets enamored with arm strength and mobility, but can't figure out the mental aspect/capability of a QB prospect (i.e. the drive to win at all costs).

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I've thought of this too, but it kind of makes sense that a QB would know what to look for in a defensive player (which he's done pretty well with), since that's what he faced every weekend since he was a kid. I think he gets enamored with arm strength and mobility, but can't figure out the mental aspect/capability of a QB prospect (i.e. the drive to win at all costs).
    I think he fell in love with PL's physical traits and then fell in love with 'gritty guys' like CK and TS.

The guys who have an obvious amount of both just go in the top three. I guess that's where I also get mad - the Eagles, Rams, and Texans are stoked they moved up. We did move up once, but for PL. Maybe JE is gunshy these days? It's hard for me to believe that he didn't think any of the last QB class was worthy. If you think they are, how don't you move up?

It'll work out, though.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Elway rightfully wanted PL’s talent but had unrealistic expectations of how long it’d take to develop them. Had no business starting as a rookie, in any system, and most likely not his 2nd of the same system, but especially not after changing OC’s on him 3 times in 3 seasons.

PL is/was not the sharpest peanut in the turd and Watson/Mahomes/Prescott are outliers, exceptions to the rule that predates the college spread offenses.

If you can’t have more patience than the average fan then you can’t draft college spread QB’s and you get stuck with scrubs.

Elway deserves Case Siemian Yates.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Elway should have pulled the trigger a couple times on trades in the draft. That's probably my biggest criticism of him, other than falling in love with guys who are barely in the league.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Elway should have pulled the trigger a couple times on trades in the draft. That's probably my biggest criticism of him, other than falling in love with guys who are barely in the league.
    Cordy Glenn and Trent Brown are legit NFL starting T’s, they went for (basically) a high 2nd and late 3rd , respectively.

Brown is better, bigger, stronger, younger, cheaper, durabler, better and healthier (and better) than Veldheer. But he cost what ended up being between Yiadum and Freeman, as compared to a 7th.

If you trade for Brown maybe you can afford to keep your #1 WR and CB.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 11-12-2018 at 12:44 AM.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

By the way, I’m assuming Elway was among the people Buffalo and SF contacted when shopping their T’s.

The problem with this theory is, at 6-5/345 with 36” arms and 6-8/355 with 36” arms, neither one of them fit the 6-4/300 with 31” arms speed bump profile that Denver is looking for.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

11. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I wish i had some kind of voice in Dove valley. The real shit job by Elway was drafting osweiler over Wilson and Cousins.
    He wasn't the GM when Cousins was drafted and Wilson wasn't third round so every team passed on for first two rounds.

Correction: Yeah he did pass on Cousins as did every other team for the first three rounds.
    wtf are you talking about? Cousins and Wilson were in yhe same draft. We drafted a major project in Brock over foles, cousins, and wilson

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

You blew my mind when you originally posted this. Thanks man. Changed my eval 8n Wynn this year

15. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

wtf are you talking about? Cousins and Wilson were in yhe same draft. We drafted a major project in Brock over foles, cousins, and wilson
    Did you read the correction?

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    If the roster stays mostly the same as it is now in 2019 and Elway drops the ball on his HC choice again...will we really have to "try" to tank in 2019??? I'm thinking it will just come naturally.
    I was thinking the same thing. But, the roster cannot stay mostly the same in 2019 because most of the veterans are UFAs and will be gone.

And of those still under contract, the Broncos probably won't keep Brandon Marshall (just drafted Josey Jewel to take his place) and Bradley Roby (didn't exercise his 5th year option).

This adds to the list of UFAs like: T Jared Veldheer, DT Domato Pecko, CB Trumaine Brock, LB Shaquil Barrett, LB Shane Ray, C Matt Paradis, G Billy Turner, CB Bradley Roby, DE Zach Kerr, CB Pacman Jones, TE Jeff Heurmann, G Max Garcia, QB Kevin Hogan, WR Jordan Taylor, etc., etc.

Most of those guys will not be back.

Adding to the complete coaching roster changes it's going to be a very different Broncos team in 2019 and not necessarily better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    If the roster stays mostly the same as it is now in 2019 and Elway drops the ball on his HC choice again...will we really have to "try" to tank in 2019??? I'm thinking it will just come naturally.
    I was thinking the same thing. But, the roster cannot stay mostly the same in 2019 because most of the veterans are UFAs and will be gone.

And of those still under contract, the Broncos probably won't keep Brandon Marshall (just drafted Josey Jewel to take his place) and Bradley Roby (didn't exercise his 5th year option).

This adds to the list of UFAs like: T Jared Veldheer, DT Domato Pecko, CB Trumaine Brock, LB Shaquil Barrett, LB Shane Ray, C Matt Paradis, G Billy Turner, CB Bradley Roby, DE Zach Kerr, CB Pacman Jones, TE Jeff Heurmann, G Max Garcia, QB Kevin Hogan, WR Jordan Taylor, etc., etc.

Most of those guys will not be back.

Adding to the complete coaching roster changes it's going to be a very different Broncos team in 2019 and not necessarily better.
    Im a big believer that VJ is behind a lot of it with a lack of preparedness (see @ Miami last year and @ NYJ this year) and inept at game day management. The lack of a playmaking QB to help mask a poor OLine compounds the problem.

I believe if they're a well Coached team that alone is 8 wins.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information