Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Jon Gruden: A has-been

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

What do you think about Gruden's moves and GM style? Real-talk style. I'd probably get emo about it, but 4 firsts in the next two years says he wants to remake the team according to some personal vision, so if you have confidence in him, maybe that's a good thing. You think he'll lose the locker room by not paying a deserving player? Or is that just some BS, because Mack definitely got his. What's the grown-up, non butt-hurt take?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    What do you think about Gruden's moves and GM style? Real-talk style. I'd probably get emo about it, but 4 firsts in the next two years says he wants to remake the team according to some personal vision, so if you have confidence in him, maybe that's a good thing. You think he'll lose the locker room by not paying a deserving player? Or is that just some BS, because Mack definitely got his. What's the grown-up, non butt-hurt take?
    From initial looks, he didn't lose the locker room because it's a business. The temperature of a fan is 1000x more emotional than the player. They know it's a business. The fan doesn't.

As for him as a GM, that won't be decided for a few years. Today it looks laughable and foolish, but we won't know the true ending of this story until years from now. This first draft is a litmus test of him as a GM and it looks like they found some good players (Key, Hurst) on the line. Mack would've made them a lot better though. I get it, you don't change a generational player like Mack. But that's not the case if you can turn those draft picks into a contending roster for years. Time will tell.

The ONLY thing about him thus far that I say is dramatically better is he'll get the team to play hard every play and be accountable, something Del Rio didn't do. There were weeks when they looked lackadaisical and so unprepared.

Today is also the reason why I buy throwbacks and custom jerseys. The last jersey I wore of a current player at the time was Tim Brown in 2000.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    You're welcome. Hopefully we can improve on our 9-15 divisional record that we had with him.
    Just like von , kalil couldn't do it by himself. Any way you slice it, the raiders traded a generational type player.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Just like von , kalil couldn't do it by himself. Any way you slice it, the raiders traded a generational type player.
    Exactly. But none of our corners would've been a 5th corner on Denver. And our linebackers are shit. The defense needs an overhaul but I'll admit they started the wrong way. But like I said in the previous post, Arden Key is a favorite and Maurice Hurst could be a steal. A Hurst/Irvin/Mack line looks more formidable though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Papa Al is looking down with pride. Long live the Davis ownership group!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Man what a day yesterday. It was also the 79th anniversary of the beginning of World War II.

Today is the 73rd anniversary of the end of WWII. But I don't surrender. Raider fan for life BITCHES!!

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

You're welcome. Hopefully we can improve on our 9-15 divisional record that we had with him.
    Hopefully not. Hopefully it gets even worse.

10. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha.
    Hey Mo, did you see Khalil Mack's awesome pressures on the TD pass to Allison?

How about the one to Adams?

How about the one to Cobb?

Or any of the 3 TD passes in the 4th quarter.

How's that stat line look in crunchtime?

el oh el.

The Packers moved to a different set of plays and had him doubled.

He still got a few pressures.

DS, you're usually right, but on this one, you are incorrect my man.

Largest 4th quarter comeback in the 100 YEARS OF PACKER FOOTBALL!

All made possible by Mack's TD.

lol

Largest 4th quarter comeback in the 100 YEARS OF PACKER FOOTBALL!

All made possible by Mack's TD.

lol
    So, every game that the Giants blew a lead invalidates what Lawrence Taylor did? It's worth mentioning the Packers wanted to trade for Mack and give him a deal, too.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    The Packers moved to a different set of plays and had him doubled.

He still got a few pressures.

DS, you're usually right, but on this one, you are incorrect my man.
    I look for the end results. So far it's a push.

I was as angry as every rival Raider fan was happy, because Mack made plays in the first 30 minutes. Nothing in the second half.

But somehow, his stats in the first half which were the best since 1982 didn't mean anything.

Looked so familiar.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Someone has reached the "denial" stage of grief.

I look for the end results. So far it's a push.

I was as angry as every rival Raider fan was happy, because Mack made plays in the first 30 minutes. Nothing in the second half.

But somehow, his stats in the first half which were the best since 1982 didn't mean anything.

Looked so familiar.
    No, you can't look to the end result when judging what an individual player does. If Mitch hits a few open guys and the Packers loss, it doesn't mitigate how great Rodgers was or how great he is. That's the exact opposite of how it works. And as a Raiders fan, and a smart person, you should know that the few pressure Mack got through double teams speaks more to the ineffectiveness of those around him than him.

I think the real thing to take away is that if Mack was on a real team, that end result that you value so much would have swung back in his favor. I.E. of course the Bears blew a lead to the Packers. Recent and long term history tells us it was coming.

If only he had been traded to Denver.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information