Page 105 of 128 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1912

Thread: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    It’s a trilogy King, the laws of math require you buy three copies of each! 9!
    I'm sorry I let you down, sir. )=
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I'm sorry I let you down, sir. )=
    Do you plan on having children King? If so, you should invest in copies for them. I would advise a minimum of 9 copies of each book per possible child.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Do you plan on having children King? If so, you should invest in copies for them. I would advise a minimum of 9 copies of each book per possible child.
    No kids.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

No kids.
    Nieces, nephews, kids living within 1000 yards of your primary residence?

7. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Nieces, nephews, kids living within 1000 yards of your primary residence?
    I'll have to do corporate law to keep up with this. )=

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I'll have to do corporate law to keep up with this. )=
    Perfect, perfect. You know, I believe that children are our future. Teach them well, let THEM lead the way.

Perfect, perfect. You know, I believe that children are our future. Teach them well, let THEM lead the way.
    I never knew reading your wife's book would have such career and life changing ramifications for me.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I never knew reading your wife's book would have such career and life changing ramifications for me.
    See? Don't you want that for ALL the kids King?

You're royalty, of course you do!

See? Don't you want that for ALL the kids King?

You're royalty, of course you do!
    If I don't do civil rights work and just do corporate law for as much money as possible, I can give the kids the education they need because said education is these books.

It all makes sense now!

14. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

If I don't do civil rights work and just do corporate law for as much money as possible, I can give the kids the education they need because said education is these books.

It all makes sense now!
    You're welcome!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Just finished Hillbilly Elegy by J.D Vance. Fantastic book about how an entire culture is losing it's way and being forgotten and left in socioeconomic ruin. It's a reflection of the author, who grew up in the Appalachia region, and the people he grew up with and loves and also is frustrated by. A great examination of the working class and the working poor and how you can be a strong people but still need the strength to admit when things aren't working and wanting to find a better way instead of just being proud of coming from and staying in nothing. Heartbreaking and hopeful all at once, probably one of the most important and reflective books I've read in years.

Jordan Peterson- 12 rules (or whatever)

18. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Just finished Hillbilly Elegy by J.D Vance. Fantastic book about how an entire culture is losing it's way and being forgotten and left in socioeconomic ruin. It's a reflection of the author, who grew up in the Appalachia region, and the people he grew up with and loves and also is frustrated by. A great examination of the working class and the working poor and how you can be a strong people but still need the strength to admit when things aren't working and wanting to find a better way instead of just being proud of coming from and staying in nothing. Heartbreaking and hopeful all at once, probably one of the most important and reflective books I've read in years.
    There's a book out there called the History of white trash. a co-worker had shown it to me and I've thought about picking it up. this sounds very similar.

20. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoNut View Post
    There's a book out there called the History of white trash. a co-worker had shown it to me and I've thought about picking it up. this sounds very similar.
    Never heard about that one but I will take a look. This book was really good though and I can't recommend it enough. Been on my shelf for a year and I regret putting it off so long. It's a culture I am not familiar with and it was a great examination of the how and why all the way up to the current issues with prescription drugs and extreme poverty. It's all at once a compliment and critical look at something he grew up in and escaped.

22. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Never heard about that one but I will take a look. This book was really good though and I can't recommend it enough. Been on my shelf for a year and I regret putting it off so long. It's a culture I am not familiar with and it was a great examination of the how and why all the way up to the current issues with prescription drugs and extreme poverty. It's all at once a compliment and critical look at something he grew up in and escaped.
    white trash culture is really some creepy shit. Rednecks are cool, but whitetrash, even though they often have great weed, are a culture to be avoided imo.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information