Page 95 of 128 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1912

Thread: What are you reading?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I've had to read some of Jung's writings for past psychology classes. Not something I would just read casually thought lol.
    No. Some of it can get deep. I would recommend reading some stuff to lead up to it. A good start I typically suggest is The Social Animal by Eliot Aronson. Only problem with that book is I would take a look at your local library for it. It's always in such high demand that even older editions of it go for $60-$70. I think the latest edition goes for over $100. No chance I'm paying that much for a book unless it's the Bible signed by the Lord himself.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

The fact that someone said the word library in a non-mocking way makes me so ******* happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    The fact that someone said the word library in a non-mocking way makes me so ******* happy.
    Between my books and my wife in general...Amazon gets enough of my money. Utilize alternate resources when available. Unfortunately, my two local libraries suck, so I have to use a friend's address to get access to a better one.

6. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Between my books and my wife in general...Amazon gets enough of my money. Utilize alternate resources when available. Unfortunately, my two local libraries suck, so I have to use a friend's address to get access to a better one.
    I'm the son of a librarian - they are dwindling and it's so sad. People think they don't serve a purpose anymore, and I couldn't disagree more.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

8. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

We go to the library at least once a month - mainly because my wife usually checks out 20-30 children's books for her classroom.

I have an app on my phone to get digital copies as well, but I don't read as much as I should anymore.

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Only thing I use my library for these days is ebooks and audiobooks. I haven't used a paper book for anything outside of school in a really long time.

I'm the son of a librarian - they are dwindling and it's so sad. People think they don't serve a purpose anymore, and I couldn't disagree more.
    I think the issue is, a lot of people don't do paper anymore. I would much rather use my Kindle Fire to read than pick up a physical book. I know not everyone is that way, some still prefer the weight of a good book in their hands, for me, an ebook is 1,000 times more convenient.

13. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Only thing I use my library for these days is ebooks and audiobooks. I haven't used a paper book for anything outside of school in a really long time.
    I prefer having a physical book in my hands. You can take notes in it, bookmark it, and when you reread it a few times it's obvious it's a well-read book. There's just something so satisfying about it. But reading is reading my man, it's all about how you enjoy it.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    We go to the library at least once a month - mainly because my wife usually checks out 20-30 children's books for her classroom.

I have an app on my phone to get digital copies as well, but I don't read as much as I should anymore.
    Admittedly there are more and more distractions in the world. As adults, we have a habit of calling today's kids the instant gratification generation, but when we look at it...we are too. For some it's easier to listen to an e-book than to actually pick the damn thing up and read it yourself. Sad actually.

I found the key is to pick a spot in the house where there are no distractions, no TV and peace and quiet.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

We've got a great library here, they have a very large collection and the ability to transfer in books from a large network of surrounding libraries, just not my preference at this stage of my life.

I prefer having a physical book in my hands. You can take notes in it, bookmark it, and when you reread it a few times it's obvious it's a well-read book. There's just something so satisfying about it. But reading is reading my man, it's all about how you enjoy it.
    I've never been a note taker. Even here at work, people are making huge notebooks full of important information they need to remember for their job. I have never functioned that way. A. I can't read my own writing most of the time B. I have one of those crazy memories where I retain large amounts of data. People at work think I'm joking, but my brain is my notebook.

Adopted Bronco:

I think the issue is, a lot of people don't do paper anymore. I would much rather use my Kindle Fire to read than pick up a physical book. I know not everyone is that way, some still prefer the weight of a good book in their hands, for me, an ebook is 1,000 times more convenient.
    I'll do that for some books if the difference between e-book and physical book is significant enough in price. But I tend to prefer something physical. Especially being a business consultant. I have a full library on topics around sales enablement, leadership development, customer psychology, etc. Having a physical copy is much easier to reference.

Adopted Bronco:

I've never been a note taker. Even here at work, people are making huge notebooks full of important information they need to remember for their job. I have never functioned that way. A. I can't read my own writing most of the time B. I have one of those crazy memories where I retain large amounts of data. People at work think I'm joking, but my brain is my notebook.
    Wait til you get older, bud. Notes will be your friend. Either that of Gingko Biloba.

Adopted Bronco:

We've got a great library here, they have a very large collection and the ability to transfer in books from a large network of surrounding libraries, just not my preference at this stage of my life.
    Where is "here"?

I'll do that for some books if the difference between e-book and physical book is significant enough in price. But I tend to prefer something physical. Especially being a business consultant. I have a full library on topics around sales enablement, leadership development, customer psychology, etc. Having a physical copy is much easier to reference.
    I will grant you the last part. I will never use an ebook for school unless it is the only option. For whatever reason, many academic ebooks do not have page numbers... It's a pain in the butt to cite anything.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information