Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: BroncosForums likely to be shut down

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Everyone get modded the same - CYP messages have citations - none can claim abuse of power, and the ill aimed comments at Tned stop because they can't be justified. They, if aimed at him, would be a personal attack. That way Tned doesn't have to eat shit, everyone feels treated equally, no one is modded differently even if in the past modding them was tough.

To the best of my knowledge, since Tned has said he wouldn't mind that this board stay open another ten years, this would solve everything.

Tned, baby, let's make this happen. Sign the dotted line. There's no fine print. OooOoOOOOoOOoOoooOOoh then we can pop off some celebratory hash tags.
    Ninja made a strong case that the mods have no desire to make any charges and I just through a tantrum to get pity and point out how I think some people are shitty.

I hope he stands alone in that view, and more importantly his clear rancor towards me, and wasn't voted to be the lead mod spokesman in this thread, but the forum isn't continuing unless we get some new guidelines: for posters; for me; and, for the mod team.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Ninja made a strong case that the mods have no desire to make any charges and I just through a tantrum to get pity and point out how I think some people are shitty.

I hope he stands alone in that view, and more importantly his clear rancor towards me, and wasn't voted to be the lead mod spokesman in this thread, but the forum isn't continuing unless we get some new guidelines: for posters; for me; and, for the mod team.
    Mods must treat everyone the same, even their real life friends and the site owner. Hints at favoritism (unless in an appropriate thread like in town hall, for example) at someone is considered a personal attack. All mod CYP's must cite to the broken rule and provide the posts/evidence in the PM's.

Not saying that covers it all, but it's a start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Can we ban NTL?

4. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Mods must treat everyone the same, even their real life friends and the site owner. Hints at favoritism (unless in an appropriate thread like in town hall, for example) at someone is considered a personal attack. All mod CYP's must cite to the broken rule and provide the posts/evidence in the PM's.

Not saying that covers it all, but it's a start.
    I suggest you start a second thread to start discussing purposed changes if BF continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I suggest you start a second thread to start discussing purposed changes if BF continues.
    When class is done tomorrow I will get right on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Can we ban NTL?
    He'll probably be twitching if he reads this thread.....wantin to pull that CYP trigger.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    He'll probably be twitching if he reads this thread.....wantin to pull that CYP trigger.
    Well, he's on the board right now. Will probably be over here pretty soon . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I'm still not really sure why Wayninja was ever made a MOD. Still disagree with it and think the site has been more heavily modded and tense since that poor decision.
    It coulda been me... I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it.

11. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I'm surprised by the vitriol. I knew there were some members upset, and I know it can be difficult to moderate TNed, but I never thought there was this much anger over it.

I can't speak for the mod staff, I can only speak for myself. I know I have messaged TNed and asked him to cool it on something, or to modify his posting habits, just the same as I have members here. The main difference between what happened with TNed and some folks that got themselves banned is TNed listened, said his peace, and then either modified his behavior for a long enough period of time that it was a new issue if there was one, or he removed himself from the board for a few months. Others who were banned pitched a fit, went on a tirade, broke every rule they could, attacked people all over the board, purposely posted P&R everywhere, etc.

I do not believe you have ever once misused your position as Admin. I do believe that we as moderators have, at times, failed to moderate fairly (as in we let some things go we shouldn't have, and we also allowed others to attack or demean you without either deleting, CYPing, or at least explaining publicly why they were wrong, or why we had acted in the manner we did). It is not easy to moderate the admin. Not because you're an ass, or are against hearing where you're wrong, but because we simply find it difficult.

I, for one, will not allow that to happen again. It hasn't happened all the time, or in every instance, but it has happened. If we keep this thing going I have no plans to step down as moderator, if I am removed I have no issues with that and will gladly post as a member. I feel, with reflection on the last few years, that I could have done a better job of moderating you, moderating others in their interactions with you, and explaining to the board at large why things are handled as they are. We should have squashed the Tned disagreement talk publicly by speaking about EXACTLY why those who were banned were banned.

I, for one, would be for moving a FINISHED ban discussion to town hall as a closed thread so people can see what goes into it. I wouldn't be for moving all the ones back there now as there are private conversations that have taken place in those, but I would be good with doing it in the future, and I think it would go a long way to pulling back the veil.

T, thank you for what you have done here, and whether or not the board shuts down I look forward to continuing to count you among my friends.

13. The Following 9 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    It coulda been me... I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it.
    There there, now. Don't feel so down. You can't help it . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

15. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Grow some balls you ******* giant soggy labia. Holy shit man. If you really wanna take things on a message board that personally, duke it out in private. This is not that difficult.

*note: this was directed at the entire forum, not any person/set of people/children/gerbils/aliens in particular
    Last edited by Timmy!; 04-16-2018 at 11:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    This is Shane coming back at the tail end of Broncoforums.

19. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

BURN IT DOWN TNED. BURN IT ALL DOWN.

you dont want the headache? Give it to us and the villains will run gotham!

Last edited by ShaneFalco; 04-16-2018 at 11:33 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Grow some balls you ******* giant soggy labia. Holy shit man. If you really wanna take things on a message board that personally, duke it out in private. This is not that difficult.

*note: this was directed at the entire forum, not any person/set of people/children/gerbils/aliens in particular
    Can we have a beer afterward Timmy?

22. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Can we have a beer afterward Timmy?
    I'm gonna assume you meant a 12 pack
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information