Page 53 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there not a Game of Thrones thread? *SPOILERS*

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Agreed on the cut to food. Uggg.

I thought it was a real good episode, and glad Aryia turned around and sort of got reunited with her wolf (been waiting for that to happen). The Iron fleet taking out the Iron fleet definitely throws a kink in Dany's plans.

I can't believe this season is nearly 30% complete.
    Now was the Wolf symbolic of her needing to join her pack again, or to continue on her own? I hope she rejoins Sansa soon and maybe she kills Littlefinger.

2. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Now was the Wolf symbolic of her needing to join her pack again, or to continue on her own? I hope she rejoins Sansa soon and maybe she kills Littlefinger.
    I thought it was just the wolf saying, "I'm seriously thinking about eating you, as you abandoned me and threw a rock at me, but instead, I'll just leave you to fend for yourself you dumb little...."

Maybe she kills Littlefinger and then marries Robin (??) the lord of the Vale (sp?). I can't keep track of how all this crap is spelled.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

The Wolf is symbolic of her needing to do her own thing.

In the first season, Ned talks with her about being the young lady at court in a frilly dress etc. Arya responds, "That's not me."

Here she asks the wolf to come back with her, but understands, "That's not you."

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    The Wolf is symbolic of her needing to do her own thing.

In the first season, Ned talks with her about being the young lady at court in a frilly dress etc. Arya responds, "That's not me."

Here she asks the wolf to come back with her, but understands, "That's not you."
    I saw that too, but I still think the "pack" symbolism is there. The way I see it is that the wolf is an analog for her own journey. The wolf went off on her own and came back stronger than ever with a new pack. She did something similar but she is lacking her pack and is heading back now to become stronger together. Don't forget Sansa's quote from the earlier season:

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."

Either way, I like how the symbolism is playing out. It also really struck me that all of the outcasts of the realm were aligning with Dany's army. A dwarf, some eunichs, women, and now probably a basterd named Snow. While the other groups have literally been forging their bonds and growing stronger, Cersei continues to rely on fear to keep her kingdom in line. As the saying goes, "Make them fear you and they will fight for you. Make them love you and they will die for you."

That being said I hope they spend <5minutes on any more disgusting Maester duties in the next episode. Time is running out to pull all this together!

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I saw that too, but I still think the "pack" symbolism is there. The way I see it is that the wolf is an analogue for her own journey. The wolf went off on her own and came back stronger than ever with a new pack. She did something similar but she is lacking her pack and is heading back now to become stronger together. Don't forget Sansa's quote from the earlier season:

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."

Either way, I like how the symbolism is playing out. It also really struck me that all of the outcasts of the realm were aligning with Dany's army. A dwarf, some eunichs, women, and now probably a basterd named Snow. While the other groups have literally been forging their bonds and growing stronger, Cersei continues to rely on fear to keep her kingdom in line. As the saying goes, "Make them fear you and they will fight for you. Make them love you and they will die for you."

That being said I hope they spend <5minutes on any more disgusting Maester duties in the next episode. Time is running out to pull all this together!
    Jorah and San have significant roles to play. What they are, I don't know yet, but they have to play an important role of some kind.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Nymeria is definitely ending up back with Arya. No worries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

10. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Well enough time has passed so **** y'all I'm going to give my thoughts on the episode:

• Maester Sam may THINK he is just copying old manuscripts, but I do believe that the scrolls he will be copying is the reward. Nothing happens by coincidence, and the Head Maester is going Mr. Miyagi on him.
    • Lady Tyrell telling Jamie Lannister that she killed his son was gangster. I half expected him to whip out the Wailing Widow and drive it into her heart. Also lady Tyrell used to be hot on that old Avengers show, I always forget she was in that.
    • Who knew Jorah could be cured with a little scab removal and Neosporin? Now Sir Friend-zone is on his way back to find Dany and Jon Snow bending each other at the knee. Should be fun!
    • Tyrion is an awful war strategist.
    • Leaving Casterly Rock open for the taking was a surprising but smart move.
    • Cersei is pure evil.

That is all for now. My favorite episode of the new season so far.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

We are 40% of the way through this season already. Halfway through the next episode, we will be halfway through the season. I really like how they are setting things up, but this season is going to be over real soon.

14. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Well enough time has passed so **** y'all I'm going to give my thoughts on the episode:

• Maester Sam may THINK he is just copying old manuscripts, but I do believe that the scrolls he will be copying is the reward. Nothing happens by coincidence, and the Head Maester is going Mr. Miyagi on him.
    • Lady Tyrell telling Jamie Lannister that she killed his son was gangster. I half expected him to whip out the Wailing Widow and drive it into her heart. Also lady Tyrell used to be hot on that old Avengers show, I always forget she was in that.
    • Who knew Jorah could be cured with a little scab removal and Neosporin? Now Sir Friend-zone is on his way back to find Dany and Jon Snow bending each other at the knee. Should be fun!
    • Cersei is pure evil.

Good summary/analysis. I was thinking the same with the copying. There will be something in there that at minimum results in a raven north if not Sam breaking from his training and heading north.

Cersei and Jamie seem to constantly be two steps ahead of the others. In the game of thrones and war, Dany, Tyrion, Jon and company are still babes in the woods, but must grow up fast.

Prior to Dany talking about taking the dragons ship hunting, that's what my wife said after last episode, that they were going to have to use the dragons to defeat the armada. The problem will be if they equip the ships with those mean as Dragon killing cross bows/spear chuckers.

16. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

• Cersei is pure evil.

In complete agreement wit you, shake.

I am far from team lannister, but they provided the lulz this week. It was funny to see team mad princess get their nose shoved in it.

I wish Jon Snow had more of a presence.

Was surprised at Cersei's restraint with the sand snake. Thought the Mountain was going to get personally acquainted with the daughter.

Irritated with the Bran/Sansa reunion.

Lady Tyrell...he really was a kunt. lol. And then explaining how she killed him. Jaime was all...why did I talk Cersei out of torturing this bitch?

Think they are overdoing the pirate a bit with the raunchiness.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    In complete agreement wit you, shake.

I am far from team lannister, but they provided the lulz this week. It was funny to see team mad princess get their nose shoved in it.

I wish Jon Snow had more of a presence.

Was surprised at Cersei's restraint with the sand snake. Thought the Mountain was going to get personally acquainted with the daughter.

Irritated with the Bran/Sansa reunion.

Lady Tyrell...he really was a kunt. lol. And then explaining how she killed him. Jaime was all...why did I talk Cersei out of torturing this bitch?

Think they are overdoing the pirate a bit with the raunchiness.
    Agreed on the Drowned King Pirate. He is a little to Twisty Mustache for my tastes. He makes villains like Joffrey and Ramsey seem nuanced by comparison. He and the Sand Snakes were two bits of casting that always seemed beneath the quality of the rest of the show. Could just be the writing though.

EDIT: Also as far as who wins I am team White Walker. Those guys know what they are doing and have strong recruitment and retention policies. If that fails I want that fat Pie making kid to be sitting on the throne at the end for no reason.

20. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

• Cersei is pure evil.

You crack me up MS.

My thoughts about the episode were similar. Basically summed up with "Tyrion sure is getting his pants pulled down by big Bro/big Sis".

Jamie is good at war strategy... Tyrion not so much. I just think Cersei does something heinous enough to turn Jamie against her, he meets Tyrion in battle and joins the castouts (Daenerys).

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

23. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Jamie is good at war strategy... Tyrion not so much. I just think Cersei does something heinous enough to turn Jamie against her, he meets Tyrion in battle and joins the castouts (Daenerys).
    Dany always seems to have the worst possible plan of attack then her dragons bail her out. That big crossbow is going to take out at least one of them if they attack the Iron Armada.

25. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Agreed. At some point Jamie turns sides.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information