Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: And thus why body cameras on police are important

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default And thus why body cameras on police are important

http://www.wilx.com/topstories/headl...307717841.html

It happened in Eaton County back in February. The Eaton County Prosecutor says Sgt. Jonathan Frost's actions were lawful when he shot and killed 17-year-old Deven Guilford of Mulliken.

Investigators looked through hundreds of documents and photos as well as hours of videos before making this decision.

It took around three weeks for the Eaton County Prosecutor to decide not to file charges.

"No one wins in these particular situations," said Doug Lloyd. "But it's the prosecutor's responsibility to look at the facts and make and determination from the facts was there a crime or was there not a crime."
    At Tuesday's press conference, Prosecutor Lloyd reviewed five minutes and 39 seconds of video out of the hours recorded the night of the shooting.

"A body cam that Sgt. Frost was wearing on the 28th as well as 2 videos that Deven Guilford decided to video that night on his cell phone," explained Eaton County Prosecutor Douglas Lloyd.
    It starts with Sgt. Frost pulling Guilford over for flashing his lights.

"You cannot flash your high beams at an individual within 500 feet," said Lloyd. "If you do it's a civil infraction."

Guilford says he flashed the Sgt. because he had his own brights on. The Sgt disagrees. Guilford can be heard on the video asking for the Sgt's badge number. He then starts recording on his cell phone.

"I am video and audio recording for my safety and your safety," Guilford says in the video.

"That's fine. So am I," responds Sgt. Frost.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

It's really unfortunate he got himself killed for acting like an idiot.

Some people make really stupid decisions based on wrong assumptions about the law.

My discourse about the stupid actions of the young man is somewhat subdued due to the "forever " implications of his stupid choices.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    It's really unfortunate he got himself killed for acting like an idiot.

Some people make really stupid decisions based on wrong assumptions about the law.

My discourse about the stupid actions of the young man is somewhat subdued due to the "forever " implications of his stupid choices.
    I just don't get it. The kid acted like an idiot. IMO, because of the huge emphasis on negativity toward police over the last several years.

Just comply and stay alive. Maybe that should be a slogan.

6. The Following 6 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

So the cop tried to pull the kid out of the car by force? Hmmm the cop sounds like a real jerk. "Get out of the car or Im going to taze you!". Over a kid flashing his brights. What a crock of bullshit

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Its especially sad that the officer even told him the offense was a misdemeanor. Cant really feel sorry for the family or kid, even at 17 i wasnt that ******* stupid to go and start wrestling with a cop.

10. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    So the cop tried to pull the kid out of the car by force? Hmmm the cop sounds like a real jerk. "Get out of the car or Im going to taze you!". Over a kid flashing his brights. What a crock of bullshit
    Actually, the cop was pulling him out of the car because he was failing to provide a driver's license. The kid was asked multiple times and denied his request.

12. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The kid was an idiot, now he's a dead idiot.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

14. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

First of all this is incredibly sad. Ans i do not wish to take anything away from that.

As an observation from an outsider - i find your quest for "freedoms" to be accompanied with the expectations of total compliance - oxymoronic.

You have the second amendment rights for fear of an tyrannical government, yet if one person shows any form of dissent towards the Fed - they are chastised as stupid and/or unpatriotic.

This is not an attack on your laws or ways of life - at all, it is not even particularly directed at this specific case, more of a generalisation - i think you all know by know i am a bit of an American Fanboi - but i do find some of your viewpoints seem to be in opposition to each other, yet you all seem to be able to reconcile them quite easily.

16. The Following 5 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    First of all this is incredibly sad. Ans i do not wish to take anything away from that.

As an observation from an outsider - i find your quest for "freedoms" to be accompanied with the expectations of total compliance - oxymoronic.

You have the second amendment rights for fear of an tyrannical government, yet if one person shows any form of dissent towards the Fed - they are chastised as stupid and/or unpatriotic.

This is not an attack on your laws or ways of life - at all, it is not even particularly directed at this specific case, more of a generalisation - i think you all know by know i am a bit of an American Fanboi - but i do find some of your viewpoints seem to be in opposition to each other, yet you all seem to be able to reconcile them quite easily.
    Please consider approximately 1% or less of the population is stupid enough to deny a simple request for a driver's license. His civil rights were not infringed upon at all. He acted like a complete jackass.

99% of us would have told the officer we didn't have the license....of course said 99% wouldn't be stupid enough to be driving around without one. Then we would have understood the officer has a very good reason to ask us to step out of the car if we don't have a license to provide because the probability we are wanted for something or are currently involved in a crime greatly increases. People who drive without licenses are generally irresponsible or criminals. I understand some people make honest mistakes and forget their licenses, but that's going to be the exception and not the rule.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Don't understand the thread title - as if this is some triumph that an ******* cop with bad social skills got a guy killed because he couldn't control the situation that started with a guy flashing his brights.

The guy should be jailed for being an incompetent loser in a position of power.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Please consider approximately 1% or less of the population is stupid enough to deny a simple request for a driver's license. His civil rights were not infringed upon at all. He acted like a complete jackass.

99% of us would have told the officer we didn't have the license....of course said 99% wouldn't be stupid enough to be driving around without one. Then we would have understood the officer has a very good reason to ask us to step out of the car if we don't have a license to provide because the probability we are wanted for something or are currently involved in a crime greatly increases. People who drive without licenses are generally irresponsible or criminals. I understand some people make honest mistakes and forget their licenses, but that's going to be the exception and not the rule.
    i get that - like said my post is not really specific to this case, just a general observation about what i consider contradictory viewpoints - that of freedom coupled with total compliance

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

A cop telling a kid "Get out of the car or Im going to taze you!" over a drivers licence is pushing the boundaries of propriety. Sounds like the cop initiated the aggression.
    Another thing, had this kid been black, this story would be taking on a completely different meaning. That cop is damn lucky he picked a white kid to harass and kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    A cop telling a kid "Get out of the car or Im going to taze you!" over a drivers licence is pushing the boundaries of propriety. Sounds like the cop initiated the aggression.
    Another thing, had this kid been black, this story would be taking on a completely different meaning. That cop is damn lucky he picked a white kid to harass and kill.
    So, you actually believe the kid doesn't have to get out of the car after committing a traffic violation, then refusing to comply when a driver's license is requested, seriously?

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

So, you actually believe the kid doesn't have to get out of the car after committing a traffic violation, then refusing to comply when a driver's license is requested, seriously?
    So it is totally cool for a cop to point his taser at someone and threaten them over something like this? Seriously?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

The concept of being tazed, let alone killed for not doing as a police officer asks - is alien to me.

Please get out the car you flashed your lights - no - OK, here have some of this tazer - oh you just got tazed and now you are mad, how dare you - bang.

But this leads me on to another question - are you guys not in the habit of flashing your headlights at people to either - warn them about something, or let them in? That is common place in the UK.

27. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information