Page 100 of 120 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1786

Thread: Why Case Keenum May Turn Out To Be The Steal Of The Century......

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Haskins, brown, Grier, herbert, the small Heisman kid......there are good QBs in this draft....still guys like lock too.
    Murray isn't entering the NFL draft, he's playing baseball.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Which is ultimately what frustrated me about last year. Signing Keenum as a bridge guy was one thing. But signing him and saying it’s his team now is something else, and that’s how we played it
    With all do respect, it's not quite as cut and dried as what you seems to be saying. At the time was signed we had two young quarterbacks on the roster and neither of them was ready to start and now neither of them is on the team. If Elway really thinks Keenum is all that and a bag of chips why did he only sign him to a two year deal? IIRC the only real consensus on the board last year at draft time was don't take quarterback because each of the top five quarterbacks Mayfield, Rosen, Allen, Darnold, and Jackson all had huge question marks. Finally, while it's still just speculation the two quarterbacks Elway appeared be most interested taken at 1 and 3 and it's unlikely either team was willing to move down from those spots.

4. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Murray isn't entering the NFL draft, he's playing baseball.

When did you hear this? I heard he was leaning towards football and will make more money in football.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

When did you hear this? I heard he was leaning towards football and will make more money in football.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...y-pro-football

He’s almost certain to make more money in baseball

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Much more

10. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    With all do respect, it's not quite as cut and dried as what you seems to be saying. At the time was signed we had two young quarterbacks on the roster and neither of them was ready to start and now neither of them is on the team. If Elway really thinks Keenum is all that and a bag of chips why did he only sign him to a two year deal? IIRC the only real consensus on the board last year at draft time was don't take quarterback because each of the top five quarterbacks Mayfield, Rosen, Allen, Darnold, and Jackson all had huge question marks. Finally, while it's still just speculation the two quarterbacks Elway appeared be most interested taken at 1 and 3 and it's unlikely either team was willing to move down from those spots.
    As much as we had high hopes for Kelly, I’m not sure Elway thought he was more than a backup. If he was truly in our future plans, we would have found an excuse to keep him after the Halloween incident

As for Lynch, Elway was too stubborn to admit he was wrong until he basically had no choice. The idea of not drafting a QB this year because we were waiting for Lynch to get better is sad. It was clear he was a bust. No other team picked him up after we cut him, and in a league where Josh Johnson is starting this week, that says something

And less injury concern.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

As much as we had high hopes for Kelly, I’m not sure Elway thought he was more than a backup. If he was truly in our future plans, we would have found an excuse to keep him after the Halloween incident

As for Lynch, Elway was too stubborn to admit he was wrong until he basically had no choice. The idea of not drafting a QB this year because we were waiting for Lynch to get better is sad. It was clear he was a bust. No other team picked him up after we cut him, and in a league where Josh Johnson is starting this week, that says something
    Lynch wasn't the reason we didn't draft a QB either. The ones Elway was reportedly interested in the most were off the board and Chubb being there at 5 ensured we didn't take Rosen or Allen.

14. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

His agent flat out stated it this week.

Which is ultimately what frustrated me about last year. Signing Keenum as a bridge guy was one thing. But signing him and saying it’s his team now is something else, and that’s how we played it
    For this year it is his team. What were they suppose to say?

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Much more

Not exactly correct. In the long term yes, if he makes it and if he makes a second contract. I just read a whole thing that was put together about it. Initially, in football, he would make a lot more than baseball. Long term, it is not even close, however.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    His agent flat out stated it this week.
    Aha, I had not seen that yet. Ok, so it was very recent. Good to know.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

If Elway was willing to take Darnold or Mayfield if available how was Elway being stubborn, assuming the rumor are true that he was interested in those two quarterbacks? Some fans had high hopes for Kelly, I wasn't one of those who assumed he could be to a franchise quarterback, I wasn't against it , but I also wasn't holding my breath about it either. Aside from draft issue, my main point is Keenum doesn't appear to be seen as long term solution by the Broncos.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Not exactly correct. In the long term yes, if he makes it and if he makes a second contract. I just read a whole thing that was put together about it. Initially, in football, he would make a lot more than baseball. Long term, it is not even close, however.

Aha, I had not seen that yet. Ok, so it was very recent. Good to know.
    If Kyler Murray gets one free agent contract in baseball it will blow away what he could make in the NFL.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    If Kyler Murray gets one free agent contract in baseball it will blow away what he could make in the NFL.
    Yes I said that.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information