Page 93 of 95 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1422

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Patriots 11/24/13

Personally, if people want to question Manning, I think the better thing to question is his happy feet before his arm or performance in cold weather games. Sometimes Manning gets happy feet and feels pressure, and reacts to it, when it isn't there. Last night was a prime example. He was feeling pressure that wasn't there. Was rushing things more than the situations called for and missing plays he rarely does. For example he missed a WIDE OPEN WR for the second week in a row. He simply didn't look that way. He almost never does that. But for two weeks in a row he was rushing through his reads or not going through all of them because he perceived pressure that wasn't there. Another example would be late in the game he rushed a play on 3rd down. He forced a pass when he could have easily ran for a first down. The entire right side of the field was open. IIRC, even Collinsworth was talking about the missed opportunity there. Everytime he gets to patting the ball and bouncing on his feet I get nervous because I haven't seen him stop or calm down once he does. It seems once he is that way it stays with him for the entire game.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Decker needs to return punts. If he is injured so be it. Caldwell is probably a better WR option at this point anyway.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    Personally, if people want to question Manning, I think the better thing to question is his happy feet before his arm or performance in cold weather games. Sometimes Manning gets happy feet and feels pressure, and reacts to it, when it isn't there. Last night was a prime example. He was feeling pressure that wasn't there. Was rushing things more than the situations called for and missing plays he rarely does. For example he missed a WIDE OPEN WR for the second week in a row. He simply didn't look that way. He almost never does that. But for two weeks in a row he was rushing through his reads or not going through all of them because he perceived pressure that wasn't there. Another example would be late in the game he rushed a play on 3rd down. He forced a pass when he could have easily ran for a first down. The entire right side of the field was open. IIRC, even Collinsworth was talking about the missed opportunity there. Everytime he gets to patting the ball and bouncing on his feet I get nervous because I haven't seen him stop or calm down once he does. It seems once he is that way it stays with him for the entire game.
    Nah. Peyton has always had those "happy feet." His footwork is the least of my concerns.

I think if he had healthier ankles he probably would have taken that opportunity to run.
    As to his failure to see a wide-open Welker in the middle of the field, I have no
    explanation. I'm puzzled by that, too .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Nah. Peyton has always had those "happy feet." His footwork is the least of my concerns.

I think if he had healthier ankles he probably would have taken that opportunity to run.
    As to his failure to see a wide-open Welker in the middle of the field, I have no
    He missed a wide open Decker on a for sure TD last week too. Very un Peyton like. As for his footwork, that is not what I am talking about. Even in his prime Peyton has shown at times to get unsettled in the pocket and it sticks with him for the game. The Chargers were always very successful in getting Manning off his game. Last night was the same. When he gets to the point of fidgeting around in the pocket he rarely settles back down. Again, last night he was rushing things and doing things in the pocket when he didn't need to. I get not running on those ankles. Most people have referred to it as Happy Feet with him.

I know I am not articulating that very well and will come back and do a better job when I have time. But right now that is what bothers me with Manning. I don't question his arm or cold weather performance anymore. But I do worry when he gets those jitters and happy feet because, like I said, when gets them he never seems to settle back down.

One play not talked about is the dropped INT by Woodyard. Had he held on to that ball, I am certain the Broncos have the W.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Part of me is glad they got a tough loss. Get it out of their system now and learn they need to play for 2 full halves and score at half time does not matter against playoff caliber teams.

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post

that's now what he's talking about Top. Read the post

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    One play not talked about is the dropped INT by Woodyard. Had he held on to that ball, I am certain the Broncos have the W.
    I remember that, but not so sure about a certain W. I remember thinking at the time of the drop that when Peyton runs cold, the whole team does. should've been a pick; maybe a pick 6, can't remember clear enough.

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Part of me is glad they got a tough loss. Get it out of their system now and learn they need to play for 2 full halves and score at half time does not matter against playoff caliber teams.
    Technically, this is the second tough loss...

Not that I'm officially worried, just sayin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

14. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Just thought your comment was funny about stopping the Broncos pass....easy to stop when we aren't passing.

I shouldn't even be on here today, I'm not Broncos happy and probably should just be taking a break from all things Broncos this week. Too emotionally invested in a game.
    Trust me, I know the feeling. pats lose, like to the Jets or last week, I'm sick for two or three days. I don't think that's healthy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

I was wondering did Michael Huff play last night? I didn't see him on the field.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    I was wondering did Michael Huff play last night? I didn't see him on the field.
    Inactive.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Did we think we could have gone 16-0 ?
    Don't think so ,without Von in the first 6 games we were talking 4-2.
    We went 6-0.
    Now we are at 9-2.
    Injuries,mistakes costs us 2 games,we needed these losses.
    Hopefully we heal(some will) and learn to adjust,play better.

After re-watching a good portion of the game I can tell you their D ends were crashing so hard. One of the easiest adjustments to make would have been burn them with a boot. It was there. I know they tried to screen against it but the boot, with the wind at their back, would have given them a chance to test Talib deep and push the ball down the field.

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    I remember that, but not so sure about a certain W. I remember thinking at the time of the drop that when Peyton runs cold, the whole team does. should've been a pick; maybe a pick 6, can't remember clear enough.
    At the VERY least, it eats up time on the clock and even if Denver punted it would have pinned NE back. They wouldn't have had the time needed to catch up. Meh. It happens, Woodro isnt the reason this team lost last night.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information