Page 24 of 120 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Case Keenum May Turn Out To Be The Steal Of The Century......

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Well, yes I did. It was in the article I wrote a few pages back. Read it.

Nonetheless, if he did it once, why couldn't he do it again? Is that a bad argument?

Still, I have qualified it by saying that he might do well again this year, and he may not.
    I just expressed that it is my opinion that he will and documented why I think that way.
    But I never presented it as more than an opinion. And I never did close out the
    possibility that he could tank. I'm in the same shoes as everyone else here; I hope
    against hope that he plays lights out because that is how the Broncos will win. I only
    take the more positive view of the future. That's all.
    It's not that he *can't* it's that he likely won't. He's not a 11th grade QB - he *can* have success, but everything indicates he's not going to do so. Whether it's the production on a stacked team, or the years of futility, the inability to ever win a starting job, his limited physical talent, his game manager style, he's always going to have to be more of a game manager than a gamebreaker. That's not much of a success. Watching him last year it was like everything had to be lined up for him to succeed. He didn't look like a guy who was making a big impact; he looked like a guy taking advantage of a good situation (in the good way, not conniving but using the assets around him) and not making other people better. Typically speaking, at this point in your career you are who you are.

I know it's your opinion he will do well. And I don't take issue with that - reasonable people can agree, disagree, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    It's not that he *can't* it's that he likely won't. He's not a 11th grade QB - he *can* have success, but everything indicates he's not going to do so. Whether it's the production on a stacked team, or the years of futility, the inability to ever win a starting job, his limited physical talent, his game manager style, he's always going to have to be more of a game manager than a gamebreaker. That's not much of a success. Watching him last year it was like everything had to be lined up for him to succeed. He didn't look like a guy who was making a big impact; he looked like a guy taking advantage of a good situation (in the good way, not conniving but using the assets around him) and not making other people better. Typically speaking, at this point in your career you are who you are.

I know it's your opinion he will do well. And I don't take issue with that - reasonable people can agree, disagree, etc.
    Okay, agree to disagree. Sounds like a plan.

But I think we do agree on one thing: we both hope he will . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post

People are wrong if they expect him to be Aaron Rodgers. I expect him to help the team win games. And this will often mean making smart decisions. Simian was a QBs whose playing style was that of a game manager but with the turnovers of a gunslinger. While he might be well short of Aaron Rodgers, I think it's fair to think he'll be a big step up from Simian.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by 7alpha30 View Post
    People are wrong if they expect him to be Aaron Rodgers. I expect him to help the team win games. And this will often mean making smart decisions. Simian was a QBs whose playing style was that of a game manager but with the turnovers of a gunslinger. While he might be well short of Aaron Rodgers, I think it's fair to think he'll be a big step up from Simian.
    *Siemian
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

WTF happened in here yesterday?

Good grief.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    WTF happened in here yesterday?

Good grief.
    Jaded rolled his eyes at me because I stated that I hope folks don't wish Keenum to fail just to prove themselves right. King being King.

8. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    The heels are dug in. It’s over. It’s Orton 2.0. Stats and excuses will continue to rain down even after Keenum is gone from the team. You guys realize this is a Pyrrhic victory, right? I’ve seen these same posts before for Orton and how great he was immediately after we acquired him as well as all the excuses that flew when he didn’t perform (finger on throwing hand, multiple high ankle sprains, bad Oline, receivers dropping everything, running game not working, etc.) How someone professed to be the resident expert who knew all about his past and could explain away all his faults as not truly his and any disparaging remarks were met with useless stats and straw man arguments combined with passive aggressive personal jabs about “not reading” or “not comprehending” and “putting words in my mouth”, etc, etc, etc.

Rinse and repeat.
    So, you're saying that Tim Tebow was the better option? Those were the choices.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:

It intrigues me that some folks worry about Keenum in the sense that he can only have success on a "stacked team". That lends me to find definition on that. So, looking at Minnesota compared to Denver, I see 2 teams with great defenses, so that's a wash. On the OL, I think what we have as of today is much better than what Minnesota trotted out there last year. Even more if we were to draft a guy like Nelson. But the receiver spot is where everyone wants to focus on. So, I ask...how many good seasons did Diggs and Thielen have BEFORE Keenum was the QB? I mean, if they are the reason he was so good, why did they wait until 2017? Why didn't they make Bradford or Bridgewater look better in the years before?

Basically, Keenum is coming from a "stacked" team with a good defense, mediocre OL and good receivers...to an "un-stacked" team with a good defense, passable OL and good receivers.

So help me out here. What is it that made Minnesota so much more "stacked" last year than Denver is this year? Despite having the exact same strength of schedule and similar strengths and weaknesses. Was it maybe...just maybe...improved QB play?

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    It intrigues me that some folks worry about Keenum in the sense that he can only have success on a "stacked team". That lends me to find definition on that. So, looking at Minnesota compared to Denver, I see 2 teams with great defenses, so that's a wash. On the OL, I think what we have as of today is much better than what Minnesota trotted out there last year. Even more if we were to draft a guy like Nelson. But the receiver spot is where everyone wants to focus on. So, I ask...how many good seasons did Diggs and Thielen have BEFORE Keenum was the QB? I mean, if they are the reason he was so good, why did they wait until 2017? Why didn't they make Bradford or Bridgewater look better in the years before?

Basically, Keenum is coming from a "stacked" team with a good defense, mediocre OL and good receivers...to an "un-stacked" team with a good defense, passable OL and good receivers.

So help me out here. What is it that made Minnesota so much more "stacked" last year than Denver is this year? Despite having the exact same strength of schedule and similar strengths and weaknesses. Was it maybe...just maybe...improved QB play?
    Shots fired!

And accurate as well.

I'm interested in seeing how Thomas and Sanders do this year. Many have written Thomas off. They might be right but it's hard to be completely confident about this when the QB play has been as bad as it's been the past two years.

14. The Following User High Fived 7alpha30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Lmao

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I agree with everything you said.

But, man, I wish Keenum would have brought Thielen with him . . .

17. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Lmao
    Terrific rebuttal.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Terrific rebuttal.

Don't need one. No one has provided an answer that makes any sense as to why the Vikings let him go if he was really that good. The fact they did that automatically shuts down any counter argument.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Don't need one. No one has provided an answer that makes any sense as to why the Vikings let him go if he was really that good. The fact they did that automatically shuts down any counter argument.
    I give up. Why did the Vikings allow Keenum to go?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information