Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: WELCOME HOME!!! Brock Osweiler re-signs with Broncos

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Not all of us here agree that Siemian's play was "bad" . . .
    I read my post several times. I still haven't found the word "bad" in it. Focusing on the positives.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Turd, bum, whatever. I wish he wasn't brought back and it makes me question Elway's thought process on QB evaluation.

I hope Siemian stays healthy, cause I want nothing to do with either backup.

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I have been one of Brock's biggest detractors. I thought the way he left sucked, and took pleasure in seeing him fail miserably.

That said, had he stayed here, I believe his career would be in a far different place now and would have turned out to be a pretty good QB. Even perhaps a FQB for the Broncos. He played well during our SB year. He has established chemistry with our receivers. He's worked with our OC. He knows people in the locker room.

I was shocked at first that he's returning, but I'm good with it. I'd prefer him over Lynch every day and twice on Sunday.

I also liked Sloter, but he's a great unknown. I get the decision.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I read my post several times. I still haven't found the word "bad" in it. Focusing on the positives.
    I read what I interpreted as an implication. If I misinterpreted, then I retract my comment . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I read what I interpreted as an implication. If I misinterpreted, then I retract my comment . . .
    Oh, it was definitely implied.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Turd, bum, whatever. I wish he wasn't brought back and it makes me question Elway's thought process on QB evaluation.

I hope Siemian stays healthy, cause I want nothing to do with either backup.
    Well, if one were to look at it from a cynical point of view, one could look at the crop of
    FA QBs and see a pile of garbage. So, needing a veteran QB, they took what they saw
    as the best of a bad lot . . .

Well, if one were to look at it from a cynical point of view, one could look at the crop of
    FA QBs and see a pile of garbage. So, needing a veteran QB, they took what they saw
    as the best of a bad lot . . .
    Call me a cynic then, because that's precisely how I saw it, and why I didn't see any of those "veteran" rejects as significantly more appealing than Sloters potential. Cornwallis and the Howes were far more EXPERIENCED (and professional) than flashy amateurs like Washington and Lee: Who won?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Call me a cynic then, because that's precisely how I saw it, and why I didn't see any of those "veteran" rejects as significantly more appealing than Sloters potential. Cornwallis and the Howes were far more EXPERIENCED (and professional) than flashy amateurs like Washington and Lee: Who won?
    Lynch is inexperienced, and Siemian is relatively inexperienced. The Broncos need experience.
    Sloter would not have alleviated that. The Broncos looked at the available FAs, and Brock was
    the best of the lot, in their view, based on his performance in Denver. Moreover, he is more
    familiar with McCoy's system than anyone else. And he has some experience. That's how I
    saw it, anyway, from a somewhat less cynical perspective . . .

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Guys he's our backup on the league minimum.
    It blows my mind that me, you and wave are the ones that get this and everyone else is like OMG HE SUCKS!

13. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    It blows my mind that me, you and wave are the ones that get this and everyone else is like OMG HE SUCKS!
    Not everyone . . .

15. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    His price tag and his play aren't mutually exclusive. Yes, he is cheap. Yes, he has been bad as a quarterback. His low price doesn't make him a good quarterback.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Not everyone . . .
    Ok sorry, top too. Regardless there are a handful of us looking at this objectively with critical thinking and the rest seem to just be pissed that it's Brock. If it was anyone other than brock, no one would be batting an eye at this.

19. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    His price tag and his play aren't mutually exclusive. Yes, he is cheap. Yes, he has been bad as a quarterback. His low price doesn't make him a good quarterback.
    How many good QB's do you know that are backups in the NFL Mo? Do you know of many franchise QB's that are currently backing up starters? Most backups in the NFL are the backup for a reason. He'll be ok as a backup and that is what we're paying him to do.

Our choices were pretty damn limited and in a pool of sucky veteran QB's, Brock was the only one with familiarity with the team, the players, the system and who has won games for us in the past. It doesn't matter if you like him, or think he's a good QB, he was still the best veteran option for this team.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I hated Brock first time round, the fact he is back makes me hate him even more. Although this is sweetened slightly by how badly he failed in two other cities

I can't wait to cut him week six... The only problem then is we will have that bum lynch on the team

23. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

How do grown men hate other grown men so bad?

25. The Following 4 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information