Thread: Osweiler not taking Manning's knowledge for granted.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default Osweiler not taking Manning's knowledge for granted.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...7-907fcff597b2

While it has been tough for QB Brock Osweiler to watch and learn the past three seasons from QB Peyton Manning, he's not taking any of No. 18's knowledge for granted.

Quarterback Brock Osweiler has spent his three years in Denver watching and learning from the unquestioned future Hall-of-Fame quarterback Peyton Manning

But while it might be difficult for Osweiler to sit back and spend these years learning the ropes from Manning, he isn’t taking any of the wisdom and experience he’s gained for granted.

“I'd be lying to you if I said it hasn't been tough to not play over the past three years,” Osweiler said Tuesday on Yahoo! Sports Radio, “but the one thing I do know is… that I'm going to work on a daily basis with one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game and I guess I really just want to make the most of that situation.”

Osweiler has remained patient these past years spending his time improving his football IQ while also mentally preparing for each game like he’s the starter because he’ll never know when he’s needed. Just last season, Osweiler had to step in for Manning during a divisional game at San Diego for a series to finish the first half.

“I think in this league you consistently need to be getting better on a daily basis and when you're around a guy like Peyton you're able to do that because you're constantly learning so much,” Osweiler said. “So, that was one way I was able to stay patient but then at the same time every single week I prepare like I'm going to be playing because at any point in time in this league the starter can go down. …My head's been in the game as though I was the guy.”

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information