Thread: natural born killers

Default natural born killers

i just got done watching this movie, and i gotta say, i'm a little stumped...

most movies i know right away whether i like them or not, but i'm not sure with this one.

i get that it's satire, but it's so far over the top that i think it hurts it.

plus, a lot of people talk about the fast-paced, creative visuals, but after watching it, i have a terrible headache. i'm not saying it was the movie, as i have been sick lately, and i have never had a movie give me a headache or nausea or anything, but as the movie progressed, my head kept hurting...

anyone want to help me analyze this movie at all? wanna help convince me why this movie was good or bad? i really wanted to like it because i had heard good things, but i just don't see it as anything that special...
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

oliver stone is about as subtle as a sledgehammer. . . . IMO, he insults the intelligence of viewers by insisting that he has to beat them over the head with his point to make sure they get it. . . . not a bad flick for pure entertainment value, but the "thematic" elements are on par with an eighth grade social studies class-- in public schools. . . . definitely one of the weakest films tarantino has been involved with. . . . if you weren't impressed, don't feel like you should have been just because somebody else liked it-- it wasn't anything special by any stretch of the imagination. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

3. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

I think the basic message of the whole thing is to show just how desensitized to this kind of stuff we really are....What's funny is that when it came out 10 years ago it was considered ultraviolent. Nowadays, movis like Rambo and Hostel and Saw make it look like the teletubbies. I think the fact that I just said that proves Oliver Stone's point...;-)
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

You'll like it better if ya watch it high. I saw it last night too on Cinemax and my wife was thrown off my it. We're not druggies, but I told her if she dropped some acid she'd probably LOVE the movie.

The movie is about moral decay, IMHO.

Two people believe in anarchism, are drugged out violent .... ummm .... something. I really can't quite place what they are. I don't think it's teen angst. Because -other than Juliette Lewis- Woody Harrelson does not come across as a teen.

It seems to me to be just about an anarchist, anti-authority couple just out to .. make everything burn and in the process convert a yellow journalist.

Throughout much of the film I couldn't help but agree with Tommy Lee Jones character in the film - though he is a bit melodramatic in the film. I would have beaten the ever lovin' crap out of them too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek "aaarrruuuuuu" Wolfe

"Lotta people walkin' around out there already dead, just need to be put outta thier misery.......he, that's where I come in, fate's messenger."

Own it and love it.

PEACE!!!
    SAKUNA MATATA - Black Forest, CO

^Thanks MasterShake^

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information